I'm alone and I'm active! (Not THAT kind of active, perv!) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-05-2007, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am alone for the first time today -- no mom or husband -- and he's almost 3 weeks old. I'd never had help like this with my other kids and worried I was too dependent on everyone. But so far, I have been really really productive while Lachlan's sleeping!

I am just sort of running around the house doing anything I can see that needs to be done in a spastic kind of way because it ALL needs to be done (hmm... just what DID mom do for three weeks???) and I don't know how long I've got.

So off I go again! Anyone else being productive or are you all taking it easy like I should be because I.am.so.tired.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 12-05-2007, 06:37 PM

Take a nap, Gina!

I have days like that, I run around like mad and try to straighten up, wipe up, fold, wash, sweep, etc. when the kids are napping.

Other days, I sit on my butt. Like today.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#3 of 4 Old 12-05-2007, 07:48 PM

I spend so much time with this LO at my breast, that any time he's not, I want to be up, so I'm doing laundry, dishes, organizing... the kitchen's never been so clean!
#4 of 4 Old 12-06-2007, 02:37 AM

I spent three hours finding the gifts I stashed the last year in the house and organised them and making lists last night. I was so drained when I finished. Then of course Libby woke up and had a fussy night. I remember putting her in the co-sleeper next to me after two hours of nursing and she was crying and I was crying and some how we both passed out that way. Today I went out with the hope of just getting something nice that fit for picking hubby up. Nothing fits me. I got so depressed from shopping and I hurt so much, and bleeding came back. Got home, baby was again fussy, nursed lots and again after we both fell asleep crying. I feel like the worst mother in the world but lack of sleep and feeling so drained has me unable to even focus my vision at times. I can not wait till hubby comes home. This is honestly the worst I have felt this whole time.

Pleasr take it easy Gina!

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page