real smiles!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 11:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow, dean was a month old yesterday and I got real live reciprocal smiles.. lots of them!! he did it the day before to Evan (ist smile for ev!!) but I thought it was a fluke or ev wa s"mistaken" but noooooo, I can't believe we are getting real smiles this early... other boys were around 6 wks for them... wow,

given my family history for ASD you have nO idea how happy this makes me (I knwo it guarantees nothing but it is a good thing anyway..)

will post a pic was lucky enough to have camera RIGHT there..
#2 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 11:44 AM

That is so exciting!

My girls are 6 weeks old today and have been smiling at us for about a week or so. I LOVE it. I'm trying to catch a picture of it, too, but am not fast enough.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#3 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 12:15 PM

I know it seems impossible, but Piper has been giving us real smiles since she was about a week and a half old. I think it was a God thing, so dh could see her first smiles and get several of them before he had to leave to go back. She's even done a baby laugh twice now! I got a picture of it the other day. I will be trying to get it online asap for dh. My other girls were more like a month or 6 weeks.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#4 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scheelimama View Post
I know it seems impossible, but Piper has been giving us real smiles since she was about a week and a half old. I think it was a God thing, so dh could see her first smiles and get several of them before he had to leave to go back. She's even done a baby laugh twice now! I got a picture of it the other day. I will be trying to get it online asap for dh. My other girls were more like a month or 6 weeks.
wow cool. definitely divine intervention.. nice
#5 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 01:09 PM

NAK.... lots of reasons to be happy about Dean's smiles... we have been getting ghost smiles in Conrad's sleep... hoping they will be real smiles soon.
#6 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 01:38 PM

we've been getting real smiles this week, too. doesn't it make you just melt? and do all sorts of crazy things to get them to do it again?

~Serina~
Wife to j, homeschooling mom to five wonders

#7 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 01:59 PM

Wish I was, I have such anxiety over what could still go wrong. The most I've gotten is a few looks that are peaceful where he doesn't look so burdened or pissed off.

But how cool is that?! Especially with the ASD thing.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
#8 of 8 Old 12-07-2007, 02:01 PM

alisha, that is awesome.

erica, we've gotten ghost smiles ('smiles of inner contentment,' as dr sears puts it ) here since day 3, which is one of the more delightful little 'new parent' discoveries i had (much better than neck cheese! right up here with the happy chattering just before nursing!). wren is coming close to social smiles though...she's given me a couple of half-ones and almost smiled at my mom last night! she'll be a month old on sunday.

robina. unschooling mama and midwifery student.  building my nest with my husband, our daughter (born at home 11/07), our son (home waterbirth 5/10), and our newest little girl (born at home 4/13)!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page