how many do you have and are you done ?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 12:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
three boys, 17, 7, and nb... i am DONE... at 43 !! nuff said!!
dh was done after ds2 (his ds1)
#32 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM

We have 4 and we're not done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
I am seriously stressed about never having enough time to do anything.

I am always torn between holding a sleeping baby just a minute longer and letting go so I can pick up the mess. And when he needs me and I am only with him, I feel guilty because my mind wanders to the lists of things to do and to the boys.

And HONESTLY if anyone tells me not to worry about the house... UGH! I know that. I do. I have relaxed my standards since getting pregnant, and the house suffers (a lot!) but my mental health and stress levels are directly connected to a clean house.

This house is SO SMALL. If I can't stay 100% on top of cleaning, decluttering and keeping the boys active on putting things away, all functions of and around the house are chaotic for everyone. We can't move, sit, etc.. because things pile up too easily.
Are you me?? That is me to a T! Right down to th small house (about 800 sq ft!) We really need a bigger place, but that's a whole other thread.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
#33 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 01:11 PM

We've got 2 boys. Matthew is 19 months, Nathan is our little nb. I always wanted 3, DH wanted 2, and the deal was that if the first 2 were boy/girl we'd "talk" about a 3rd, but if the first 2 were of the same sex we'd definitely have a 3rd. So yeah, not done, definitely going for number 3, but I think I need to wait until Nate is about 3 to consider another pregnancy. I spend the first half with hyperemesis and the last 2 or more months on bedrest so I think its best if the little guys are in some form of school where they can have fun away from sick mama.

Oh, and crazy me is actually considering a 4th someday, but haven't spoken to dh about it and I think it might just be hormones so I really have to see. Wouldn't mind another happy accident someday, just NOT NOW.

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

#34 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 02:28 PM

One and one angel baby... I would love another but DH is on the fence. But I was saying, during childbirth, that I was DONE and never going through that again... I must have forgotten the pain already. We'll see... I was ready to start trying again right away but we have not plunged into that just yet!

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#35 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 05:17 PM

Right now with my sanity being questionable from lack of sleep and our finances being a wreck...I am glad we are both of the mindset to let God plan it. We have three girls....and depending on when you ask me I would say I want a half dozen more or I am done....DH wants more(especially a boy...but i can't guarantee that is what we would end up with!)....I really really want a little more space between them though as these ones are 3 under 3!

Nancy, Mom to Kyra (2005), Zoe (2006), Callie (2007) (2008), and Xavier (2009)
#36 of 41 Old 12-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Lindsey* View Post
We have 4 and we're not done.

Are you me?? That is me to a T! Right down to th small house (about 800 sq ft!) We really need a bigger place, but that's a whole other thread.
Yeah- and, like GinaRae- i go crazy if the house is a mess, too. we have a 1200 sf house and 6 kids AND My mother and her boyfriend are living here. Soo..... we have 10 people in 1200 SF. luckily it's laid out very well. Luckily, DH just busted into the side of our basement to access 600SF that's been sealed up for 30 years, in order to build me a bedroom suite. Once my mother leaves in January, we're converting 2 bedrooms into four bedrooms and then all but ONE child will have their own room and also then no one but the baby will be in mine. YIPPEEEEE
#37 of 41 Old 12-19-2007, 10:42 PM

I have two and feel 99% done. DH feels not even close to being done, but I sort of feel like when he's ready to have the next two, we can discuss it.

I feel a bit guilty since I know he wants many more, especially boys, and also because my pregnancies are fairly easy on the spectrum. I don't get very sick and only feel moderately unwell physically, and the labors could probably be worse, but I suffer from anxiety regarding mostly my weight gain and the fact that I go pretty late and had to be induced both times. It is bad enough that I would rather not go through it again than have another child.

caffix.gif  Mom to DS (8/31/04) and DD (11/30/07), EDD 12/15/11!!!
#38 of 41 Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 PM

Three, and not sure. I really feel like there are 1 or 2 more babies out there for us, but this last pregnancy was pretty hard on me. I do postpartum really well though and am adjusting to having 3 pretty good. I love having babies, I just don't love pregnancy.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
#39 of 41 Old 12-20-2007, 12:28 AM

we have 2, and i definitely don't feel done. dh can't even talk about more kids right now, though. between our first loss and now the trauma of this birth, he is super paranoid about losing me if wer have another baby...
i'm 31, so we have some time. we have almost 4 years between the 2 girls, and i like the age gap--maybe he'll be open to one more in another 4 years--i won't be too old then (35).
#40 of 41 Old 12-20-2007, 02:47 PM

3 and yes

Mama to 3:
#41 of 41 Old 12-29-2007, 05:03 AM

Just Athena and absolutely NOT done.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page