6 week check up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-20-2007, 12:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Had my 6 week check today, and I'm still bleeding/gushing. At first she was thinking I was doing too much, too soon, but, it has been six weeks - my uterus is normal size, not tender, no signs of infection etc...And suddenly, I gushed while there, and she got to see what is happening a couple times a day. She sent me for an ultrasound right away in the other office, and she said she'd call me tomorrow.

After my u/s I got dressed and went to grab H from one of the rn's who was giving him love while I was in there, but another mw met me outside the room and told me my mw was on the phone. Great, I thought.

My lining is thick and there is also some debris within the uterus. I did loose a twin at the beginning of this pregnancy, and I think we all assume my body would absorb it as I never passed it to my knowledge, all though it is possible I did and didn't know it (but having 2 other m/c's, it did just feel different). Even now, I really feel that something was just different about when this baby's heart stopped. I know that I had another baby in there, but I never loss the sense of it being inside me (does that make any sense??)

I really don't think that this is placenta pieces as it was checked and double checked. I remember we talked along time after the birth about the placenta.

So I'm going on Methergine for 2 days, and hopefully that will clear everything and stop the bleeding. Then another u/s to see the results.

I knew something was wrong for about a month now, but, I really just kept putting it off figuring it would either stop on its own by now. And then I just got used to it So, probably my fault for not pursuing the issue way back...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2007, 12:47 AM

Well I am glad you finally got attention for it then! It does seem awfully long now to be gushing.. though in previous posts I don't think I thought it was so long. But time goes SO FAST and blends in... *sigh*

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 AM

wow--i'm so g;ad you trusted your instincts and that your mw listened to you--hope everything is better soon!!!
Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM

Oh Kelli.

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM

Old 12-20-2007, 03:44 PM

many many hugs...
Old 12-20-2007, 07:05 PM

nak

That doesn't sound like fun - but hopefully it will ease up soon with the meth. Many hugs
Old 12-21-2007, 06:47 PM

s I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Are you feeling any different yet after the methergine?
Old 12-21-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm so sorry about the twin.
Old 12-21-2007, 08:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac'sMa View Post
s I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Are you feeling any different yet after the methergine?
I'm just starting now, I wanted to make sure DH was around in case I need more help with the kids. DEF feeling crampy already. 7 more doses to go!

Thanks everyone!

User Tag List