Fat Baby!!!/6 week check-up - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-22-2007, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The big news is that I weighed Piper at my check-up today and she was a whopping 13 lbs. 2 oz!!! She weighed 8 lb. 2 oz. at birth just 5 weeks and 2 days ago (my check-up was a bit early b/c of Christmas). And last Wednesday at the WIC office she was just under 11 lbs. So, apparently, she's gained more than 2 lbs. in the last 9 days! And averaged a 1 lb/week weight gain. Holy cow! She's going to be a fat baby! My other two dd's gained 1/2 lb./week for the first 3 months and I thought they were big babies (they were pretty average.) I must be making whole milk this time. I'm so thrilled since I had to be on meds last time to even keep making enough milk for dd2. This time, no meds, and super mama milk!!!

And it seems that my weight is transferring to her. I still feel really fat, but I've officially lost 6 lbs. in the last 3.5 weeks since my last check-up. Not too shabby. I've still got 10 lbs. to go to prepregnancy weight, and 20 lbs. to my goal weight. But I'm happy to know that all the nursing has done some good for me as well.

I haven't been bleeding for a few weeks, and no pap today. Uterus was normal size and my hemoglobin was 14.7. I've felt great. Just ready for all the company to leave. I've not been alone at all since Piper was born and I'm a rather independent person. I'm starting to go nuts with my mom here. She's been here 3 weeks now, and I'm done. I'll do better alone I think. And I miss you all. I haven't had nearly as much computer time with my mom here. I feel guilty getting on the computer in my free time, feel like I should talk to her or watch t.v. with her. She'll be gone in a week though, and I'll probably miss having someone do my laundry and dishes.

Well, anyway, just had to share my good news about Piper's awesome weight gain.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2007, 01:25 AM

Oh. my. goodness. Talk about awesome mama milk! DH always says it must have a high butterfat.

That is fantastic!

Oh, and on your weight loss. I'm happy for you, though. Just wishing I was losing mine easier!

Catholic Homeschooling mama to DS (6), DD (4), twin DDs (2), DD (7 months), and someone new 7/31/10!
Old 12-22-2007, 02:59 PM

Nice work! I know it makes me feel so good to know my body produces well! Glad you're feeling good too. Yay for super mama's milk!
Old 12-22-2007, 04:30 PM

A+!

I thought I was making half-and-half (DD2 was 8 lbs. at birth and 12 lbs. 5 oz. at 6 weeks) but you take the cake! Keep up the good work!
Old 12-22-2007, 05:23 PM

Great news mama!!

I'm like you. . super independent. . I can feel for you about wanting some alone time.

Jodie, married to my best friend and Mama to three amazing kiddos, Jack (6), Matthew (4) and Sam (21 months) and cautiously waiting for a new little one due early spring (shhh, it's a secret!)
Old 12-22-2007, 09:39 PM

Yay yay yay!!!! Wonder what Lachlan is?? I know he's at least 11 pounds. It's so fun having Lach and Piper so close in age. Care to have an arranged marriage settled for them??

I totally know what you mean about wanting to be alone but probably missing the help too.

Almost a b-ball team: : Taylor -14, Alex -11, Jack -8, Lachlan born at home 11/15/07
"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Old 12-22-2007, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
It's so fun having Lach and Piper so close in age. Care to have an arranged marriage settled for them??
Sure! Is he wearing 3-6 mo. clothes yet? I'm still trying to stuff Piper into 0-3 mo. clothes and her newborn diapers, but I'm gradually giving up the fight. Having a tough time letting go. My friend lovingly told Piper that if her mommy started cutting the feet off of her sleepers, she'd come rescue her. I realized that if I start putting her 3-6 mo. clothes on her NOW, she might get to wear them for more than 5 weeks before she outgrows them.

Alisha, Army wife to Nathan , Homeschooling mama to Scheeli (May 2003) , Bronwynn (Nov. 2004) :, Piper (Nov. 2007) , and Wesley (January 2010)
Old 12-23-2007, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinaRae View Post
Yay yay yay!!!! Wonder what Lachlan is?? I know he's at least 11 pounds. It's so fun having Lach and Piper so close in age. Care to have an arranged marriage settled for them??
Sorry Gina, but Piper's going to marry Oliver
Old 12-23-2007, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Well, it makes me feel good to know she's so wanted! I've had a few friends tell me that her looks are "exquisite". I think it has something to do with her dark blue eyes, barely there blond eyelashes and eyebrows, and dark brown hair. And of course, baby chubs sure help! Now if we could just get rid of the baby acne (which my parents are convinced is an allergy.)

Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Ollie started getting a little baby acne too, they can discuss it when they meet

User Tag List