post-natal exam: what to expect? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 12-26-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am going in tomorrow to the OB for my post natal exam. I don't know what to expect but I hope it does not involve an internal exam- I am not a fan of those. Nor am I looking forward to getting on the scale! What are they going to do to me?

Kerri, mom to Doran  angel2.gif  (born still 7/6/05 at 33 weeks), Mairaed (11/16/07),  angel1.gif 11/15/08 at 10 weeks,  Kieran (11/2/09).   angel1.gif 1/11/11 at 15 weeks
#2 of 4 Old 12-26-2007, 07:49 PM

Your 6 wk check-up, right? Sorry to say, you'll have to get an internal...the dr. will make sure your uterus is back down to normal size and that everything is where it should be. Might even make you do a kegel or two Other than that it's blood pressure, pulse, all the usual stuff and a chat about how you're doing.
#3 of 4 Old 12-26-2007, 07:54 PM

: you could what I did and put it off inadvertantly DD is now 14 weeks old and I have not seen teh OB since I delivered.

Brandy Single momma to A(11), C(10), H(6) and I(2)
:
#4 of 4 Old 12-27-2007, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swellmomma View Post
: you could what I did and put it off inadvertantly DD is now 14 weeks old and I have not seen teh OB since I delivered.
That's what I'm hoping to get away with----When I say "no one but DH down there unless it's an emergency", I effin' mean it. That, and the OB I was saddled with is so far across town that it's not worth the buttload of bus fare just to get there and back anyway. Nice guy, but it's too damn expensive to truck back and forth there, imo. I was supposed to go back for my 4 week this week, but I have no money to pay my way, so they're up poo creek and can have all the hissy fits they want---I, on the other hand, can't do anything about it, and could care less anyway.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page