TMI:Vasectomy question - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 07-22-2009, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are worried that it wont be as "exciting" afterword because of the um.... lack of white stuff,lol. Is there anything that comes out? Sorry for the TMI, just really uneasy about one of us getting snipped.

-T, Wife and Best Friend to R 3/2005; Mommie to E 8/2007; and G 3/2009

#2 of 14 Old 07-29-2009, 05:56 PM

I just did a search for vasectomy and found this post. Hubby had one done 4 years ago (looking to reverse it now) and there is no shortage of passion here. Yes, stuff does come out but not sperm, just semen (What carries the sperm along.) Our love life was actually better because there wasn't the fear of pregnancy always in the back of my head. (We thought we wanted to be done at 3...long story.) But, after the "V" it wasn't an issue.

Jen Burnett, DEM
Homeschooling mom to my 3 kids (10, 9 and 8)
#3 of 14 Old 08-08-2009, 09:53 PM

The only thing that changed is that I don't worry about bc anymore. There is "white stuff" and I can't tell the difference.

Joy wife to DH, mom to DS1 (4/2005): DD (5/2007) : : DS2 (1/2009 :
I do what works and when it stops working, then I do something else.
#4 of 14 Old 09-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

It's always surprising how little so many people know about this. The white fluid is semen. The sperm are what make it fertile. A vaectomy prevents sperm frm mixing with the semen, creating what is collectively referred to as ejaculate. An ejaculation itself will still happen, but it will be semen only.

This of it as a pool with a bunch of fish swimming in it. Taking the fish out doesn't mean the fluid goes with it. Different organs in there are responsible for different things.
#5 of 14 Old 09-27-2009, 07:54 PM

I think a more important thing to worry about besides "white stuff" (which doesn't change at all, I understand) is the possible long term side effects of getting a vasectomy. Specifically, I have heard that the sperm leak into the bloodstream and weaken the immune system.
#6 of 14 Old 10-31-2009, 04:43 AM

Others have explained the semen the same way I would have so I will move onto your other question. For us, the passion and excitement was definitely still there. It might be more so because we don't have to worry about other birth control methods.

loveeyes.gif Loving homeschoolin' mama to CherryPie modifiedartist.gif and KiwiBoy eat.gif::: wife-y to my high school sweetheart partners.gif
#7 of 14 Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duskwood View Post
I think a more important thing to worry about besides "white stuff" (which doesn't change at all, I understand) is the possible long term side effects of getting a vasectomy. Specifically, I have heard that the sperm leak into the bloodstream and weaken the immune system.
do you have any other info on side effects like this? i was wondering about cancer risk etc??? haven't found anything though...

joy.gifspread a lot of love joy.gif

#8 of 14 Old 01-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Banned

I had one and be sure you are very honest with your partner about it. As far as white stuff it's all still there and I have seen no health side effects either.
#9 of 14 Old 01-15-2010, 04:25 PM

There is still the same amount of white stuff. The only difference is there are no swimmers in the white stuff any more. As for as exciting it is even more so for us because we no longer fear an accidental pg.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#10 of 14 Old 04-16-2010, 10:00 PM

So the question I have is does a vasectomy affect the male's libido?

Have you heard of anyone whose libido went down due to a vasectomy?
#11 of 14 Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 PM

Not that I have ever heard. I actually hear the opposite that the libido increases because there is no longer a worry about accidental pg.

No male that I know and I personally know 4 counting my dh has had any problems at all related to the V.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#12 of 14 Old 01-25-2011, 01:00 AM

uhhhh......no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duskwood View Post

#13 of 14 Old 01-26-2011, 12:55 PM

Stuff still comes out, but there is no worry about unplanned pregnancy which makes it much better for the woman and by extension the man.

As for long term side effects, I believe the only documented ones are a small percentage of men experience chronic testicular pain and less than 1% of men experience the vasectomy undoing itself.

ETA: As for sperm being absorbed into the blood stream, this is no exactly true. The sperm get broken down in different parts, only one of those parts is absorbed into the blood stream. The only known effect on the immune system is that some men develop antibodies to sperm.

malesling.GIFMutant Papa to DD (12)hippie.gif and DS (2)babyf.gif, married to DHribbonrainbow.gif
If it looks like I'm trying to pick a fight... I'm not, I'm rarely that obvious.hammer.gif
#14 of 14 Old 10-07-2013, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Duskwood View Post

I worked for family pact(planner parenthood) and a V does not cause a weakened immune system but HIV/AIDS does. Maybe your confusing the two.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page