Sitting to pee - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-09-2004, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Recently, we moved into an apartment with a small bathroom. The toilet is hemed in and all our towels and things are very close. Too close. I've started sitting to pee so I won't be grossed out knowing that the pee mist was hitting everything. (And, so I wouldn't have to clean all the time) I have to say it's quite relaxing. Do you guys do it? Would you do it? Secretly?

Dribblingly Yours,

Tata

:

"To lose the sense of sacredness of the world is a mortal loss. To injure our world by excesses of greed and ingenuity is to endanger our own sacredness."    Ursula K. Le Guin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2004, 02:54 AM

My dh sits and has since we've been together (15 yrs). I love the fact that he does. Makes much less of a mess and a sweeter smelling bathroom. Good for you! I bet your dw is happy.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:48 PM

My dh also sits - and has been since before I met him. I love it and have to admit that after 10 years it's sometimes a surprise when someone else comes over and leaves the seat up. I can't imagine why more men don't .
Old 08-16-2004, 07:53 PM

The secrets out! my parner does too. I cant believe how gross the toilet gets when we have a houseguest for a couple of days!

:
Old 08-17-2004, 03:52 PM

I'd say I'm probably 50/50 .. sometimes sit, sometimes stand.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 AM

Oh my gosh!!! My DH stands and it's sooo gross...he swears it doesn't go anywhere but inside the toilet, and he's oh so wrong!!! You can't be 6 feet tall w/o splattering...lol... Anyways, here's to the awesome DH's who sit! I'm going to go have a talk with mine....
Old 08-19-2004, 02:51 PM

it took me 3 ys to convince dh to sit his butt down. i told him over and over again how disrespectful towards me it is to stand and spray. i'm the one on my knees once a week scrubbing hi p%** off the floor!!
now he sits and i praise him for it evey so often, yeah, just so he won't forget.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

If your DH does not believe his wizzing doesn't go all over, tell him to look into a ray of sun that happens to hit by the toilet when he goes. Misty little droplets all over the place. Then hand him the gloves and pail.

"To lose the sense of sacredness of the world is a mortal loss. To injure our world by excesses of greed and ingenuity is to endanger our own sacredness."    Ursula K. Le Guin
Old 08-20-2004, 03:00 AM

Men? Sitting? Peeing? I am envisioning a whole new world of cleanliness! Of course my DH is the one who asks why HE has to remember to leave the seat DOWN, why can't I remember to leave the seat UP?

I will definitely try the "ray of sun" technique. :LOL

The things I learn on MDC!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:10 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Just asked dh. Said he occasionally does, like if he's tired. I have known a couple tall men who said they sat to pee, and one who said he would "kneel before the throne," actually just bend his knees a little to get closer to the bowl. As for the seat being up or down, we both put the cover down and it's not an issue anymore.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:15 PM - Thread Starter

So, one thing that has always irritated me, is guys who leave the seat down and pee on it. This has been the case at many a public rest room. Raise the seat if you stand, please. A plea from those of us, (men and women), who need to go number twos real bad.

Old 08-21-2004, 03:08 AM

my dh sits. he is 6'2" and he knows it sprays! every once in a while (like once a year) he will stand and i can hear it and i come running....."NOOOOO you are spraying every where!!" he laughs and wipes it up, lol! we live in the woods and he often uses the "green latrine" as he calls it. i love him all the more for sitting to pee!
Old 08-21-2004, 04:10 AM

I didn't realize tall men spray more (duh)--I guess *that* might be why dh sits. And yeah, I like it. He's just a very clean guy. I'm hoping it will rub off on our (so far) 2 boys.
Old 08-21-2004, 05:00 PM

My dh and I have been together 10yrs. When we first met he was a stander but never left the lid up atleast...After a couple years of me complaining about the mess and threatening to strike and NOT EVER EVER clean the toilet again. He started sitting. Now it is rare to see him stand at home. When he does stand I think he forgets for a second and thinks he is still at work LOL! Of course our son does what Daddy does so he is a sitter not that he really has a choice. But he LOVES to stand in the shower and watch himself pee. So, I don't know maybe he will be a stander when he gets tall enough. But only if HE cleans the toilet!
Old 08-23-2004, 09:00 PM

I told my dh about this thread and asked him to try it. He came out of the bathroom awhile later and announced, "Since I peed sitting down, I pooped standing up." LOL Gotta love a man with a sense of humor.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:56 PM

All men should pee sitting down. It's the best! For those that like to stand install a urinal in the bathroom. Anybody catch Extreme Makeover: Home Edition last night? They actually installed a urinal in the dude’s house! It rocked!
Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 PM

WOW!

I thought my Dh was the only one that did that. I thought it was kinda different at first, but appreciated it when someone else left the lid up and I ended up sitting my bum in the water. Brrrrrr!!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 10:49 AM

Not bad if you know that in my culture the male people avoid pissing while standing! In my country it's so, as my religion has recommended not to pee while standing, and to do it while sitting or squatting. I know there, they teach the kid when he can stand up, how to pee while standing, but it's not so here. However, I am male and quite healthy, but I don't pee while standing. You should consider that there are many different ways and theologies around the world.

To my own, peeing while standing is a nasty actions, also it does not feet a man's character, that's like you imagine a respectable man standing up still some where, his penis is out and his piss line in front of him! Who made the rule that males MUST stand up while urinating? And don't relate it to the nature, potentially many things are natural as an ability; one can bring it out (gun), aim and kill, but he has choosing power, although he has the ability, but he may not do it if he is sane; one can just bring it out, aim and piss, but does it mean he can not do it in a way but that?

Why stand to pee? Why aim? Aiming is for the time when you are distant to your target and can't be close to it, but when you can be close to it, and if you are sane, you prefer being close to your target than aiming to the target. So sit down and be relax, the name of the place you are doing that in, is rest room! And why you waste your time and energy in cleaning bathrooms? You can save it for more useful affairs by reducing the need of bathroom to be cleaned!

As for those who say "peeing while standing is of a few pleasures of a man!", I should say that a man is more valuable than way of peeing places as his pleasure and property! It does not fit a man to consider that as his worth! Men have more valuable special abilities to be mentioned! And as for those who say "peeing while standing is much easier than doing it while sitting or squatting", I should say that bending over and pulling down pants, and keeping a part of panties down for a while and aim for a while both need an attempt; and the fact that which one is easier for a person depends on habit. The way in which one's habit is based on, is easier for that one, and to which you habit, it will be easier for you! As God has made the ability of peeing while standing easily in guys, it must have an advantage, and yes it has. In men's jobs some times urgent situations happen, and some times they have to do some thing in a short time when the speed is important, and some times men have situations that they can't sit or squat or are in places where sitting or squatting is not easily possible; in such times they can use their ability of peeing while standing easily. But these urgent times just some times happen, not always! And there should be a project for men to stop, or to say better, manage peeing while standing. One group are already doing that and their site is: www.mapsu.org .

However, it will be great if the current way of peeing of guys in toilets and bathrooms, in the most parts of the world changes.

Ali
Old 10-23-2004, 01:13 PM

I dont know if any one mentioned this.. as I just skimmed through the posts... but there is a reason they invented toothbrush covers... yes... it is THAT disgusting... the little pee particles floating through the air!!!! Its just like humidity... its warm, its water, it flies through the air, and lands... ON YOUR TOOTHBRUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **GAG** Just thought I would let you know
Old 10-24-2004, 02:29 AM - Thread Starter

Ever see a slow motion film of a toilet flushing? The particles can travel up to twenty feet! So, cover those toothbrushes. Of course this is one of those turbo airport toilets, not the standard home toilet. But, still.

Ali_Emami, thank you for your post. I never knew that there are faiths that have an opinion on how men should pee. And, so true, relax. It's a rest room! And, I agree that there needs to be a change in peeing habits around the world. The public bathrooms would be much cleaner. Thank you again for the insight.

Old 10-24-2004, 05:59 PM

You're welcome Tata. You made an interesting topic on this website!

Ali
Old 10-24-2004, 10:42 PM

My dh pees sitting down, always. I've never asked him why, but assume its because of his PA piercing. Probably sprays in two directions. :LOL

I still cover my toothbrushes because when you flush, it mists particles everywhere...gross! I taught dd to put the lid down when she flushes.

"The best things in life aren't things."

Old 10-27-2004, 05:48 PM

:
Old 10-27-2004, 07:25 PM
lab

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My hubby always sits down. He actually teases people who don't! Probably because they start teasing him first !

He says that there is absolutely no way to pee standing up without getting it on something. Period. He loves to argue with other guys about this. He's soooo funny.

Anyway, he loves it especially at night! He enjoys being able to pee without flipping on a light. Those guys who pee in the middle of the night with no light???? Well, I'm not cleaning up your bathroom!

Trying to do the right thing with three kids and a hubby. 
ds20, dd18, ds17
Old 11-01-2004, 04:20 PM

My dh sits. Sometimes he has guy friends over, or it might be my BIL also--they not only pee standing up, and leave the seat up, they don't even flush!! WTF? I go to use the facilities and there is foam in there. EEEEWWWWW!!!!!! puke! Come on guys! Were you raised in a barn or what?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:33 PM

Well i will be the man out of the equasion. I will admit that I pee standing up. I have tried peeing while sitting but for some reason I get this strange urge to wanna go for a poo-poo. Weird as it stands but it just makes we wanna wip out a mag abd start reasing. lol Yes I do pee standing up BUT I do wipe the entire area off of any possible"overpray. I wipe and I leave the seat back down. I do really dilike the guys that pee standing up while having the toilet seat down.... What r u too laze to bend over and out the seat up? Well thats my 2 pees worth. lol
Old 11-01-2004, 09:43 PM

My boys sit to pee. It makes less mess. I wish all men sat down to pee.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:32 AM

I am a sitter, but only at my home, friends', and family's home. everywhere else a stander.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:03 AM

This is the best thread ever!
Old 11-05-2004, 03:01 AM

I sit to pee, I have for years. I got tired of drying off my legs when wearing shorts...

So does my 3 yr old son. He really hasn't got very good aim anyways.

Its just easier for everybody this way...

pb

User Tag List