Dads, need your help with circumcision advice - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 62 Old 01-23-2005, 03:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My dh is intact; afaik, all of the men in my family are intact. I will relate what my dh said when it came up before our first child was born.

He basically said the same as u2slow, he didn't realize that anybody did it for other than religious reasons, and that it was only those who were Jewish who followed the tradition. He thought it was crazy that people did it to keep everything "clean" -- he couldn't imagine that having sensitive exposed bits would be considered more sanitary. And my dh is a total germaphobe -- I think he uses more soap in one shower than I do in a month of showers.

And I had a similar experience to the pp who was worried about the first time after birth. With the bfing hormones (I'm tandeming) I wasn't producing very much of my own lubrication, and was quite worried. Dh made up for my lack.

Mom to DS(14), DS(12), DD(9), DS(6), DS (4), and DS(2)  

***4***8****13***17***21****26***heartbeat.gif****35****40

#62 of 62 Old 01-24-2005, 08:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am desireeh husband, she told me to post.

I am circumcised but our son isnt. She was very against it and I really didnt care that much at first. I never remembered it and didnt think it was that much of a big deal. To her it is. She did all the research about it and showed it to me and made me watch a video of one being done and I knew I couldnt do that to my son. There is no reason for it. I change his diapers and give him a bath and he doesnt smell. It looked different at first but now I am used to it. I am glad we left him alone.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page