Are you and spouse on same time?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-03-2004, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have realized that me and DW are on two different time schedules. I am a morning person. And she is a night person. I wake up to get ready to go to work and then want to relax at night. she gets up relaxes and then wants to clean and do things at night. this drives me crazy because i am either watching TV or sitting on the computer and she wants me to clean a closet or move things around and everything. Of course i help but not after pushing her buttons and telling her she should have done it in the morning. But i did not realize thise till i took two weeks off. I am still on my schedule where i wake up early and get ready to do something. but when she wakes up it takes forever. it drives me crazy. well just wanted to talk about it and see if we are one of a kind.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2004, 07:53 PM

Yes! My dh and I seem to live parallel lives - he's about 3 or 4 hours behind! I wake up earlier, want to eat dinner earlier, go to sleep earlier, etc. It's very frustrating! Now that I'm not working, I have adjusted to his schedule so it's a lot better. You're definitely not alone!
Old 12-03-2004, 06:25 AM

We definitely have this problem. I am by nature a night person, and my wife is a morning person. Now, due to the kids and work, I've been getting up at around 4am every week day for about four months, and going to bed around 11-12pm. So we aren't that much different now--I just overlap her
Old 12-11-2004, 03:04 PM

This has been a major frustration for me in my relationship. I'm on the kids schedule. Up at 6 or 7 am, he's up at 9:30, 10:30, or so. He does work 2 jobs and is up late because of this. I always need to remind myself to be grateful for this, because this allows me to be a stay at home mom. Although at times, I just wish we could be on the same schedule again, we miss out so much time with each other.

User Tag List