Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (http://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Dads (http://www.mothering.com/forum/40-dads/)
-   -   What nicknames do you call your kids? (http://www.mothering.com/forum/40-dads/238756-what-nicknames-do-you-call-your-kids.html)

FlaxSeedGruel 01-18-2005 09:17 PM

i call my dude many different names, but rarely by his real name.
usually i call him fat guy, dude or professor.

atomicmama 01-18-2005 09:22 PM

DD is hunny bunny, and chicken bisquit!
DS is puppy, mister, monster, and shorty!

Vegarchist 01-18-2005 09:49 PM

Fun thread!

Ds is Monkey (Monkey Man, Boob Monkey), Mr. Pants (Stinky Pants, Fussy Pants), Dr. Poop (Dr. Stinkles), Boob Bear and "The Boy".

homemademomma 01-18-2005 09:57 PM

meowmers. i have NO idea where it came from. : also squeaks, squeakers, and babybutt

littleteapot 01-18-2005 10:06 PM

Psycho Baby
Nubbuchadnezzar (as a play on the word "Nebuchadnezzar" with "nub"; our word for nursing)
Storm
Little One

When DD was REALLY new, we called her "flatu-baby".

Houdini 01-18-2005 10:13 PM

Seth Alexander was Boofus as a baby/toddler, shortened to Boo and now at 9.5 he is B or Zeke.

Madison Xavier is Froopy Loopy or Tweety (her dad) and I call her Madi May Bird, May Bird or just May.

Zachary Thomas William is Zachy Thomas or just Zach Tom.

Nicholas Stephen is Nickle Pickle Berry Juice or Pickle Juice

Thomi'sMommy 01-18-2005 10:30 PM

Mousecake (also sing Little Mousecake of Love a la Lou Reed's Satellite of Love)
Professor Soggybottom
Piece of Cake
Stinky-Stonks
Skinch-master Flash
Thombi-Tootsies
Kiddo-minoes

We are a very verbally acrobatic family.

SirPentor 01-19-2005 03:57 AM

Son: I mainly call him "The Boy". Neener. Cochismo.
Daughter: Samkin. Slymantha. "The Girl". Cochisma.

Both: The Monkeys. The turnips. The rat-babies. Bricklets.

MamaFern 01-19-2005 06:12 PM

i call him sprout, little monster, monkey, mr.dude, stinker.... and lots more

philomom 01-19-2005 06:14 PM

Boo, is what I call my ds.

2tadpoles 01-19-2005 06:19 PM

Ds #1 is Jake-bird (like jaybird), Jakaroni, bubble-butt, pigpen, Dexter.

Ds #2 is chicken-butt, chicken-lips, slim, spike, monkey-turd.

All with love, of course.

Zuri's Papa 01-25-2005 03:38 PM

I usually call our 7.5 month old daughter:

Shorty
Fussy; and
Muffin

madmansdad 02-02-2005 03:02 AM

I call my little man monkee, monkee butt, bubba, boo-boo, and wiener.

guerrillamama 02-02-2005 03:09 AM

Another Monkey here. Also Pyscho. Crazy man. Demon child. (It's funny b/c he's the mellowest baby every.) T-bone. Snugglebutt. Punkin. Lil bran muffin.

onthemove 02-02-2005 01:39 PM

this is cute...

I refer to my dd's as my dumplings, when being specific it's apple and potato.

guerrillamama 02-02-2005 01:49 PM

i forgot my favorite: Monkeywrench

EviesMom 02-02-2005 06:44 PM

Usually Evie-licious, Honey Baby, Sugar Lump, Gaseous Girl, and in relation to the dog, Big D (Dayna Dog), and Little E (Baby Evelyn)

Also sometimes April Fool (her birthday), Lay-Down Comedian (up to 6 mo old/pre sitting), Sit-Down Comedian, and (just recently as she learned to stand,) Stand-Up Comedian.

Spark 02-02-2005 09:38 PM

My DH calls the kids a number of sweet things...
Jude is Judah The Budha
Cicely is Moneky Business or Monkey B. (monkey must be popular!)

De-lovely 02-03-2005 12:42 AM

my sweet dh calls my eldest daughter Emma: Emmie Doodles, Doodlebugs,Doodie,Bug, and Fred, in reference to her walk being that of a Fred Sanford likeness. He calls my new little Elena: Frizzle Grey (?), Bird as in earlybird and little punkin pie.

Alaskadad 02-03-2005 06:28 AM

Let's see here, what do I call my kiddos....

My oldest (4yr) Emma, I call her:
M or M's, M&M nemma. emma nemma, emmie and sweetheart.

My youngest (1yr) Esmé (Pronounced Ezmay)....

May or MayMay (Stolen from my dw)
Chico (I HAVE NO IDEA where that one came from)
Lumpy (according to dw, I call my children and my pets this name...)
BabyGirl

and oh yeah, ANYTHING else that comes to mind...

asherah 02-03-2005 06:36 AM

ds is my little peach, peach-pie, peaches or punkin.

Peach is the theme cause he was born in the peach state, so I also call him my Georgia Peach.

mamabeca 02-03-2005 11:08 PM

Best nickname I've ever run into is my nephew/bro-in-law. Nephew's name is Gregory. At baseball his first year (7yo) there were 3 Gregory's. So the coach asked our nephew if he had a nickname. Gregory asked 'what's a nickname?' and the coach answered it's the name your dad calls you around the house. Gregory lit up and said 'Oh, yeah! Hemroid!' That was 16 yrs ago and we're still laughing!!!

Dov 02-03-2005 11:50 PM

Punkin' Unkin', Crunch-coat, Chunkin' Munkin', Chunka-munka, mini me, dude, chicka, wiggly worm, my-man-my-man, punka-doodle, doodling worm, bug, funny-man, munchy, booger, sweet peanut.

And I'll be adding some of you-ins' nicknames cuz they're hilarious!

Flagger 02-04-2005 06:56 PM

Sweet Pea, My little Tax deduction

Katrinawitch 02-15-2005 07:48 PM

Lucas is Looka-pooka, Pookala, Pookie-boy, or just plain Pook. He's also The Bundle, The Package, Bundle-boy, Crusty Man, Crusty Boy, or just plain Crusty. My dd Corey calls him "Doo". Don't know where that one came from!

Casey was always Casila, and my dad called her Gracie/Lacy/Dacey. Corey has always been Sweet-Pea.

duckat 02-15-2005 08:39 PM

I have a Professor over here, too. I also call him Natty the Boo, CrazyBaby, PooScoo (short for Pooper Scooper). Professor is shortened to Proffer, Fessor, Fessy, etc.
He calls himself Na-Nat, so we call him that sometimes as well.

frolick16 02-15-2005 10:39 PM

I call my dd stinkerboo, stinker belle, crankenstein, Miss A, boobyhead
the older two I have stopped with the nicknames as none seemed fitting to follow them through thier lives...my nicknames did, and boy when your friends find out your TARA BOO THE CARIBOU or BOOooooooker you just never live it down!

bikruca 02-16-2005 12:58 AM

bryce is

ooga booga, boyo, the boy, sweet pea

iwearredsocks 02-16-2005 04:30 AM

Jude is Judah The Budha

We have a Jude, too. I'll try that one out on him sometime. We rely on:

Sugga-Booga
Senor Dientes (from when he first started getting teeth)
The Boy I Love

mallardduck1 02-27-2005 02:48 AM

flaxseedgrul,
hello, let me say that i am a stay at home dad and i have nick-names for each of my children. their afes range from 17 - to - 2 years old and my youngest is my "little man" now let me start off with my wife first-- she 's my "cookiedough", my oldest daughter is "princess", now my 6 year old daughter is known as "nana", then their is my son who is 5 and i call him "bobo" now here comes the really funny part---- everyone calls me "mr. mom" just like the song from "lonestar" hope you enjoy this reply.........