Thank you, gentle papas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-19-2005, 02:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to spread a little sunshine in this corner of MDC, because I have a wonderful, fantastic husband. He and I are 100% in sync with our parenting, best of all we independently had these feelings before we ever discussed it. We are truly partners in every way.

He's my best friend, a perfect partner, and a strong, caring, tender daddy to our son. I couldn't have asked for anything more and I look forward to growing old and wrinkled in side-by-side rocking chairs.

I guess I wanted you other gentle papas to know just how much one mama like myself appreciates you. You buck convention and challenge the macho status quo in order to rule with your feelings and your hearts. That is so brave and impressive in this day and age. You are leading the revolution, one kiss and hug at a time!

My husband doesn't do the online message board thing, but if he did this is where he would belong.

Thank you thank you thank you!

#2 of 15 Old 05-20-2005, 04:00 PM

awww, that's so nice of you!

with so much complaining going on everywhere about partners,
this is a welcome change

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#3 of 15 Old 05-20-2005, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by polka123
awww, that's so nice of you!

with so much complaining going on everywhere about partners,
this is a welcome change
To be honest, once a while back I went into the Parents as Partners forum to post about how great my husband is, but all of the posts were so negative I just turned around and left!

:LOL
#4 of 15 Old 05-20-2005, 04:14 PM

I my dh too and how he 's our dd's! He is also a wonderful papa! Thanks to all men that are contributing to growing healthy self assured happy productive sons and daughters!!!!
#5 of 15 Old 05-20-2005, 08:08 PM

Another hooray for great dads! My husband told me last night that he couldn't imagine not co-sleeping and how much it has added to his relationship with our daughter and to use a family. This is despite his original reluctance to do so. Same goes with a few of my other crazy ideas like breasfeeding past six months and trying gentle discipline.

Thank you to all the great partners - dads or otherwise - out there. I, for one, promise to try to not take you for granted.
#6 of 15 Old 05-20-2005, 11:53 PM

Thank you!

"To lose the sense of sacredness of the world is a mortal loss. To injure our world by excesses of greed and ingenuity is to endanger our own sacredness."    Ursula K. Le Guin
#7 of 15 Old 05-21-2005, 08:05 PM

My DH is also a pretty awesome daddy and partner. He and I were pretty much equally clueless when we embarked on this whole parenthood thing, and we've grown into it together. I love how in synch we are. I love sharing life with my best friend.

May everyone be so lucky.
#8 of 15 Old 05-23-2005, 12:10 PM

Amen, sisters.

You awesome daddies don't get enough coverage. So I'll do my part: Yay for you!!!!!!

Christine , wife of Ron , mama to Tony (4-25-03) and Maria (3-19-06) :
#9 of 15 Old 06-02-2005, 02:36 PM

Thank you for the shout out. It is not easy being a dad in this day an age. I have noticed that, at my age, to have young children is rather uncommon. Most guys aren't becoming dads until they a well established in their careers and so most are older than I am with children of about the same age. We chose to do the family thing early on so we could have plenty of energy to be involved. It is always nice to hear someone takes notice.
#10 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker
Thank you for the shout out. It is not easy being a dad in this day an age. I have noticed that, at my age, to have young children is rather uncommon. Most guys aren't becoming dads until they a well established in their careers and so most are older than I am with children of about the same age. We chose to do the family thing early on so we could have plenty of energy to be involved. It is always nice to hear someone takes notice.

hang.gif  

#11 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 04:52 AM

Hooray for awesome fathers!!! My dh will definitely be one (already is one actually, just can't see the baby yet!) come November How many times would I have starved to death had his lovely culinary skills not come to my rescue? At least once a day! Back, hand, foot, and leg rubs too! Great dads really don't get enough recognition Dh actually just joined the forums too so he can learn more about *his* areas of NFL interest

What great guys hang out here!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#12 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 10:59 AM
Banned

I my DH to bits too. Very patient man *points to blog for the how we met story* He even adopted my DD as his own. Takes a special guy to do somehting like that...
#13 of 15 Old 07-13-2005, 08:29 PM

Count me in for the husband support! I've got an awesome one - no children yet, but he's so sweet and good with our nieces and nephews. We're always laughing.
Particularly nice thing: He has been taking my share of the cooking and cleaning this month while I work on my thesis to finish it up. Just one of the sweet things he is always doing.
Quote on our wedding invitation: "What I need to live is given to me by the earth, but what I live for is given to me by you."

Another three cheers for you great guys! Our lives would be so much darker without you.
#14 of 15 Old 08-11-2005, 04:02 PM

me too me too! my DH is just the most tender daddy i've ever known. I know one day DD will realize how lucky we are to have him and what a rare jewel he is.

Kudos to all you dads who take the time to make your family your number one priority! you will never regret it! and we so appreciate it.
#15 of 15 Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 AM

lots of love and peace to all the gentle papas out there

i have complaints about my husband, but then i also have a lot of compliments for him, he's a complex person. i get caught up in the negatives sometimes, but most of the time i just love sitting and watching him play with Willow, or bottle-nurse her. i can see the love in her eyes for him! and how excited she is every time she sees him. now that he's working full-time, i made a little picture frame for her that's safe to chew on, with a pic of her and daddy in it, she loves to carry it around and look at it. i think it helps her not miss him so much all day, kwim? he's only home and awake for 2 of her waking hours, so i make sure he's the one that does the nightly routine, so they can have great bonding time.

my husband is very, very gentle with Willow, such as during bottle-nursing, i look at them and my eyes fill with happy tears, she looks so tiny and vulnerable in his arms, her body completely limp and trusting, him gazing down at her adoringly. i swear, they glow! he's also very rough-and-tumble with her, shwooping her around, doing flips, crawl-chasing her through the house. she thrives on it! since i can't get physical like that with her, she blossoms in her daddies hands.

sometimes i look at him, and i think, "if he treated me the same way, our marriage would be a lot better." not that i want to be treated like a child! i mean, with the baby he just goes with the flow, he's spontaneous, he's caring when she needs it, he's funny when she needs it. he's in tune with her needs, even though she only speaks a few words. i think that can be applied to a marriage, can't it? i mean, the way i treat my daughter is with the same compassion, respect, laughter and love i treat everyone else, including my husband. i don't see why we have to be more reserved with adults.

i've told my husband exactly what i'm writing here, no response yet, but i do keep complimenting him on what a great father he is, and that honestly i could use a little "parenting" myself these days. i know he feels overburdened taking care of a disabled wife at the same time as working full-time and taking care of the baby at night while i rest. i'm one of those people that as long as i feel nurtured, it helps me recharge my batteries and i feel much better.

anyway. i just wanted to say, even those of us that have complaints about our mates, we are all complex people and there can be so much to love and to hate about one person, it does get confusing! overall, i love my husband dearly, and i love watching him thrive as a father, and i love watching my little girl blossom under his care.

treehugger.gif Willow (6) says: "Mother Earth is the mother of all mothers"

angel1.gif Phoenix (6/2011) ♥      print-n-color mandalas >photosmile3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page