Forum Jump: 

Old 01-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkpear View Post
WoW isn't an RTS. Neither is Oblivion

MMORPG, FPA, RTS, FPS, TPA, RPG... type wasn't really my point. I can see how games that are heavy into resource management can take years off your life and it can be frustrating for people who don't get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally-YYC View Post
MMORPG, FPA, RTS, FPS, TPA, RPG... type wasn't really my point. I can see how games that are heavy into resource management can take years off your life and it can be frustrating for people who don't get it.
I think any game can. MMOs are particularly addictive because the world keeps going whether you're logged in or not, so there's that feeling that you need to be there, or you'll miss something.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 AM

kinda like forums LOL
Old 01-15-2007, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post
kinda like forums LOL

Yeah I second that. I briefly played Star Wars Galaxies and quickly realized how much time I was wasting online... had to go cold turkey on all my gaming for awhile. I think the worst was getting that gamer couch sweat... if you know what I mean.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:06 AM

Oh my, am I glad I found this thread! I don't have it as bad as some have written but sometimes I wonder how many divorces WoW is responsible for. My husband plays mostly at night but he's not too bad on the weekends, now that his latest character is level 60! When WoW first came out it got pretty bad. There were literally times I would get home with sleeping kids in the car and groceries and he couldn't come help me because he was in a raid! He actually told me one time that he couldn't let the other players down! I told him, "Well I hope they'll do your laundry for you and make you dinner." He got the hint.
I'm just dreading the release of Burning Crusades this week. He's going to the midnight presale and has taken Tuesday off from work so he can play. Here we go again. :
Old 01-15-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vac70 View Post
He's going to the midnight presale and has taken Tuesday off from work so he can play.
Missing work for a game is NOT COOL! I'm sorry

Amy ~ Web Designing Single Mom to 4: DD14, DS12, DS5, DS3
Old 01-16-2007, 03:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm just dreading the release of Burning Crusades this week. He's going to the midnight presale and has taken Tuesday off from work so he can play. Here we go again. :
Me too, my dh is on his way to the nearest city (2hour drive) to go wait for his copy....and he took tomorrow off to play!!!!! Luckily he has plently of vacation time he can use so we're not out any money, but we're out a lot of family time

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :
Old 01-16-2007, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moondiapers View Post
Me too, my dh is on his way to the nearest city (2hour drive) to go wait for his copy....and he took tomorrow off to play!!!!! Luckily he has plently of vacation time he can use so we're not out any money, but we're out a lot of family time

Two hours?? That is hardcore for a game. I wouldn't drive two hours unless I was going to playoff game or concert, and only with someone else, I wouldn't do it alone.
Old 01-16-2007, 03:57 PM

my hubby is into WOW, and I hate every single second he is on there. I even went as far to try playing myself so we have something to talk about again, and I just can't waste that much time.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 01-17-2007, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthea™ View Post
Missing work for a game is NOT COOL! I'm sorry
That's o.k. Like moondiapers, my hubby has plenty of vacation time. His boss is a gamer too so he told him it was fine. He stood in line with his brother and then they came back to our place to play. He wasn't online all day and he even took the kids out for a while so I could have time for myself.
But I know my nights will be lonley for a while because he wants to get his character to level 70.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post

I haven't really had the nerve to announce in an MC run that my child is probably pouncing on my breast for a few sips of breastmilk, and is leaning on my arm, hampering my game play.
All my guildmates have known that from day one. I am lovingly called, "Moo." No matter what toon I'm on, thats how they know me as. I am queen of afk and autofollow because I'm "brb changing baby!" And they all know what "playing one handed" means, and its not sexual.

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 01-17-2007, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora114 View Post
:

I can bf while gaming

It's not the best for the back but..here ya go

Gaming BF Hold:

one: Sit Cross legged on chair

two lay child in the leg nest all cozy

three, unhook, or just take your damn top off, not like you're out and about

four lean a little forward and latch baby on and continue on gaming

or just use your sling.

That is INDEED the "gamer hold." I love it. And I use it!

treehugger.gifAutistic pagan mama with five kiddos on the spectrum, learning through living life. autismribbon.gif  computergeek2.gif

Old 01-17-2007, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
That's o.k. Like moondiapers, my hubby has plenty of vacation time. His boss is a gamer too so he told him it was fine. He stood in line with his brother and then they came back to our place to play. He wasn't online all day and he even took the kids out for a while so I could have time for myself.
But I know my nights will be lonley for a while because he wants to get his character to level 70.
And then....dun dun dunnnnnnn....there will be another new expansion pack :

Heather married to my highschool sweetheart 6/7/02 :cop: Mother to Dani age 14 and Timmy age 10 Nadia 1/29 :

User Tag List