Dads can you offer ideas? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-26-2005, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi dads, and moms too if you're reading

I've been living with my partner for more than a year now. We are very serious and he is like the dad my dd should always have had (her dad's still around, but dp is true parent) We work opposite shifts which is a strain on the relationship (I think that goes without saying ) But I'm still happy with us. Well, a couple of nights ago I came home (I work afternoons) and he was already sleeping. I noticed he went shopping so looked to see what he got, and found a card. I assume it's for me, yay! I'm a snoop so I read it. It was kinda mushy and on the inside it said "I long to be alone with you" I take that to be implied romanticly ... it wasn't written in yet, so I just pretended I didn't see it.

I thought maybe in the morning, he'd have it ready for me. I thought maybe after I got home he would. I thought this morning? We have no birthdays, special days, etc coming up so what's he waiting for....? I'm a little embarassed to admit, it's making me nervous.

How many days to I have to go through this torture before I should confront him about the card? It was obviously for me, but if I never get it.... well, I shudder to think. (I know I know I'm probably making a big deal out of it)AWWW crap this is what I get for snooping.....

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#2 of 13 Old 10-26-2005, 09:55 PM

1. Assume that he isn't finished writing it, NO, don't think over what it said, we're trying for sanity here, assume he isn't finished writing it.

2. Assume that he wants to give it to you in a special way, that is most likely when he can actually spend some time with you.

3. So don't start looking for signs of cheating for at least a week and do something to distract yourself in the meantime.
#3 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 01:25 AM

One thing I was taught from childhood and it works for ANYTHING...

Be slow to suspect and quick to believe.

Lo
#4 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 01:44 AM

My dh said he just probably forgot about it.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
#5 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 08:25 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks you guys always make me laugh! I'll just twiddle my thumbs for a while!

~Sara, WAHSingMomi to girls R and AV, S.O.A.R. Scout Leader and Homeschooling In Detroit Blogger

#6 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Before children I could get things done much quicker. Now it takes a loooonngg time to finish anything cause I'm so busy w/everything involved in parenting and working, etc.

So, just be patient? Maybe he's waiting for the right moment?

OR

My DW would probably ask me, "do you have a girlfriend." I'd respond, "NO." She'd reply, "then where's my card?"

My gal has a bit of feist in her and that's what I like about her. She can be pretty direct. I don't mind. Your style may be different. Good luck.
#7 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 11:36 AM

I don't see a reason why he would leave a card for someone else in such an easy place to find. If this is the only inkling you have, I'd just chill out about it. If this is one of many things, then your fear might be more real.

We all have doubts in our lives. If this is the only thing causing you doubt, I'd let time play itself out.

I don't have sneaky moments, but if I did I sure wouldn't put the smoking gun in the middle of the house.
#8 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

He shouldn't have left it out if it WAS for me, KWIM? ruined the suprise! Thanks guys

#9 of 13 Old 10-27-2005, 04:03 PM

We did a car swap last night at the hair place so I ended up driving DH's car home and he took DS in my car while I was gettign mine cut..... On his odometer display area, when I got in I saw a brand new lipliner...and thought, Hmmm...then I looked at it and realized, Oh man, so THAT's where that stupid thing went when I never found it months ago! Must have rolled underneath his seat that one trip when I had his car - it was my brand and color, and I had been so mad at losing it brand new, so I knew it was mine....

But I figured DH probably totally forgot about it, so I had some fun when I got home

"So, who are you buying lipliner for?"

DH just looked at me, and I started cracking up. He said, "Oh man, don't do that to me....I knew it had to be yours, or whoever owned the car before us, but then I was thinking, should I bring it up to her because what if it's not hers? But then if it is hers and she doesn't say anything to me after driving my car, will she be waiting for me to say something about finding it? Oh, crap!"

Poor guy. A little silly for leaving it on the dash when he knew I'd be driving his car, but I love him anyway.

I agree with the PP that he probably wouldn't leave out a card meant for someone else...

I would probably wait a few days and then totally do what papapoochie said his DW would...that's my style, too

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#10 of 13 Old 10-28-2005, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

donosmomy -

So I got it this morning..... yeah go ahead and throw tomatoes at me.....

Anyway, all he wrote in it was: "Love, me "

I didn't realize it takes men FIVE DAYS to write two words!!! MAybe it was the smilie that hung him up!!! I am going to give him a noogie when he gets home !!!

Thanks again :

#11 of 13 Old 10-29-2005, 02:16 AM

I can just picture him sitting and thinking and thinking of something else to right and just giving up and giving you the card.

Poor guy.....
#12 of 13 Old 10-29-2005, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

heheh what a nut!

#13 of 13 Old 10-31-2005, 01:42 PM

See, I told it took longer to get things done when children are in the picture!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page