What do you use to keep going??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2006, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I own a moving company with DW and I'm always on the go. And I survive off Coffee and energy drinks. Only problem is that caffinee does give you the energy but you crash off it . does any one have any suggestion on something the is natural and that is affordable!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2006, 02:11 PM

Lots of herbs out there for this sort of thing. Don't take this as medical advice, but in my experience, these have properties that might help you. You'd most likely find them at any natural food or health store, or of course, the internet...

-Ginseng (Eleuthero)
-Gotu Kola
-Ephedra (NOT ephedrine, the evil synthetic knock-off that is in diet pills)
-Ginkgo biloba

www.richters.com is a good resource for all variety of herbs.

Best of luck!
Old 08-16-2006, 04:13 PM

Caffine crash is always nasty, but not as nasty as sugar crash. I used to drink coffee with loads of sugar, but I found a type of tea that I like unsweetened, and it is reputedly good for you. It is South American green tea, called Yerba Mate. For me, at least, the effect isn't as jittery as coffee.

I havn't looked into herbal supplements much, but I'm pretty sure that the real solution to lagging energy is dietary. If I can figure out what my body needs to keep up it's energy, I'll be all good.

Meditation is supposed to help, too. I've been meaning to keep up a practice, but it hasn't happened yet.

I'll keep an eye on this thread for other ideas!
Old 08-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rne
Meditation is supposed to help, too. I've been meaning to keep up a practice, but it hasn't happened yet.
I meditate an hour daily, but it has never affected my physical energy one way or another. What I prefer is an afternoon nap while the kids are in their rooms reading. Usually 15-20 minutes is enough.

Richard
Old 08-17-2006, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0rne
Caffine crash is always nasty, but not as nasty as sugar crash. I used to drink coffee with loads of sugar, but I found a type of tea that I like unsweetened, and it is reputedly good for you. It is South American green tea, called Yerba Mate. For me, at least, the effect isn't as jittery as coffee.
i agree.. yerba mate has a cousin to caffeine in it called matteine.

here you can buy it from my husband's business if you please... www.nivaorganics.com
Old 08-18-2006, 11:52 AM

I found that a simple vitamin gave me improved stamina. I drink coffee but my DW insists that she had a more consistant energy when she stopped and detoxed from it. I notice I do 'crash' from the caffeine so it is only a temporary and not a healthy way to get energy.

Good diet is very important. Some foods are heavier and take much more to break down. Good nutrition is important. I have increased stamina when my diet is loaded w/fruits and vegatables, and of course some protein from nuts, soy, etc.

In your business you are probably on the road a lot and working really hard on loading and unloading. This may go against the human body which functions best on consistant sleep times and good diet. On the road it's difficult to get good nutrition in diners, etc. I toured w/a rock band and always was wiped out from the driving and bad diet and erradic hours, ie, driving at 3am when my body says SLEEP.

Good luck.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:10 AM

The 2 gallon bucket of coffee. Mountain of sugar. Sleep when I can get it. Lately, I've been drinking less coffee.

"To lose the sense of sacredness of the world is a mortal loss. To injure our world by excesses of greed and ingenuity is to endanger our own sacredness."    Ursula K. Le Guin
Old 08-19-2006, 09:17 AM

Find a good vitamin b supplement.

User Tag List