Help me understand how DH feels... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 09-27-2006, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi dad's. Just looking for a dad's viewpoint on this one. DH has been talking about another baby since DD was about a year old (she's 20 mo. now) He always told her soon we'd have a baby brother or sister for her, told me "we better get started on number 2" etc. SO finally after fluctuating all of this time, I suddenly feel ready to try for another. When I told him he TOTALLY backed off! Saying "I thought you said..." repeating all my previous arguments against it etc. I finally just dropped it. Suddenly we've switched positions.
:
Any ideas from you dads on this?
#2 of 7 Old 09-30-2006, 11:50 PM

Curious and curiouser. Has anything happened that maybe has made life with babe difficult and caused him to re-think another one?

"To lose the sense of sacredness of the world is a mortal loss. To injure our world by excesses of greed and ingenuity is to endanger our own sacredness."    Ursula K. Le Guin
#3 of 7 Old 10-02-2006, 11:00 AM

Sounds like me and my DW. We do want another, at times, but our present one is very high needs, so our energy goes to him.

Also, I want to resume my musical career, and DW wants to start a business and home school. So, we are conflicted and seem to vascilate on this issue.
#4 of 7 Old 10-02-2006, 11:31 AM

It's really easy to push for something when you know it's not going to fly you know? I hate to suggest it but you may want to talk to him about it.
#5 of 7 Old 10-02-2006, 11:35 AM - Thread Starter

yes, I suppose talking to him about it would be the reasonable thing to do

Nothing's changed, in fact we're more financially stable right now then ever... maybe it was the difference between imagining it and being faced with me saying "okay let's do it!"
#6 of 7 Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM

Sure, there is some ambivilence within you two, like me and my wife. I imagine that the ambivilence comes alive when the issue is pressed.
#7 of 7 Old 10-09-2006, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celia View Post
Hi dad's. Just looking for a dad's viewpoint on this one. DH has been talking about another baby since DD was about a year old (she's 20 mo. now) He always told her soon we'd have a baby brother or sister for her, told me "we better get started on number 2" etc. SO finally after fluctuating all of this time, I suddenly feel ready to try for another. When I told him he TOTALLY backed off! Saying "I thought you said..." repeating all my previous arguments against it etc. I finally just dropped it. Suddenly we've switched positions.
:
Any ideas from you dads on this?
Maybe your arguements took hold or he listened to YOU knowing YOUR the one who has to have a life inside her for 9 mos and then nursing for 2+ yrs. Maybe he felt like he was asking too much and your turn around so sudden was giving in to his desires. It's difficult to say , but maybe he's just playing devils advocate with you?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page