Forum Jump: 

#61 of 72 Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post
Wow. Just... wow.

GASP! Look! A *MAN* who doesn't notice his OWN morning wood!!! Would anyone care to throw rocks at him?? Wow, what an ignoramus!!! (Sorry Shadow Papa, being sarcastic here of course).

Would you all really stone everyone who didn't know similar things about a woman's anatomy? I've heard lots of things - several males who thought women pee out of their vaginas, don't have a clue where the clitoris is located, don't know what a cervix is, think a woman's egg hangs around to be fertilized for a week after ovulation, think PMS starts when the woman's period starts, and call vulvas vaginas. Not to mention not knowing the difference between a nipple and an areola. What on earth should we do with these morons???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 72 Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 PM

You know, I've seen this thread for months now but haven't really had the time/energy to reply.. But now I do! And I've done my research ;p

One of the best (easy to understand) explanations of 'morning wood' can be found here:

http://sexuality.about.com/od/malese...ng_erectio.htm

So, no. The famous morning glory is most likely not caused by the need to urinate but rather is linked to rem sleep and hormones. Google the term nocturnal penile tumescence for a little more informations.

So yes, now I have posted!

(mama of 2 dds who co-sleep together but usually join dp and I in our bed early morning.. We all do nakey things like shower and dress together and we are very open about our bodies- my 6 yr old even has a book about sexuality and both of our children are excited to be at the birth of their new sibling in Feb. We answer any questions honestly and are always willing to have conversations about our bodies, the world, others, et cetera.)

mischievous.gif
#63 of 72 Old 11-13-2007, 10:39 PM

My DS co-sleeps with my DH and I in the morning and DH usually sleeps naked(I sleep with a shirt because DS will be all over the mama milk if not ). Granted, DS is only 12 months but I don't think it will be a problem.

Chelci

Chelci  Anthony, parents to:  E- 11/2006, A- 07/2008, and K- 09/2014.
A Few Facts About Our Family  

#64 of 72 Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
p.s

smiles
#65 of 72 Old 11-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabysmom617 View Post

(Kind of like, <Me: yawn, stretch.."hmm!! Is that because of me dear?"
Him: "No, dear, I just have to pee,that's all..."
Me: "......oh. "> )
Yeah, that sounds like a couple of our conversations...finally figured out it was a daily thing

Orthodox Mama
#66 of 72 Old 11-14-2007, 06:07 PM

This thought never crossed my mind!! Hahaha I almost find it incredibly funny.
#67 of 72 Old 11-14-2007, 11:15 PM

Had to jump in on this.

VEGEMAMATO- this is exactly what I was thinking. I was allways under the impression that morning erections caused from a full bladder was just a myth. My DH wakes up with one every morning, (cosleeping with DD 19mo), she has never noticed. But he sais it is deffenately not from having to urinate, (altough he is a 'in the morning' kinda guy ) So probably doesn't apply to everyone.

We are also an open family. DD allready knows that daddy has a penis, because he is a boy, and mamma and her have a vulva because we are girls. No shame there. Its the truth.

I do have one question though, why would it matter if it was sexual arousal? Just becuase you are co-sleeping doesn't mean your DH is dead bellow the waist. And certainly is no reason to be making any accusations. I mean, you (his beautifull, amazing, and sexy wife) is still in bed with him, right? So really, would that be so wrong if he woke up allready in the mood?

Happily unmarried to DP guitar.gifParenting: DD (March '06) energy.gifwaterbirth.jpg, DS (August '10) fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed1.gifhomebirth.jpg, and our furry kids dog2.gifGuiney Pig, dog2.gifPo the POlice, and cat.gifMrs. Puff. Loving WAHM life in the Mortgage Bizz with DP.

#68 of 72 Old 11-14-2007, 11:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by laohaire View Post
What on earth should we do with these morons???
Force them to sit through a Barney Sing-A-Long marathon? :

I'm kind of surprised, too, that so many PEOPLE don't know how their own bodies work. But then, I was the little 8 year old girl sitting there during "the filmstrip" thinking, "I can't believe these people are LYING about periods not hurting!" My mother had already told me all about them, and I had been her "pad fetcher" since I could toddle!

And I'm naturally curious (about almost everything). So, I was EXPECTING my husband to have morning wood.
#69 of 72 Old 11-24-2007, 01:14 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
There should be more threads along this vein, I am downright entertained. It's hard not to wake everyone up with my bed shaking laughter
#70 of 72 Old 11-24-2007, 01:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshua View Post

Morning Wood?.

we call it the morning pee hard
#71 of 72 Old 11-25-2007, 04:27 PM

Kaia obviously hasn't noticed Brandon's yet - but she does kick it quite vigorously in the mornings if he's cuddling her while she's waking up
#72 of 72 Old 11-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
DH and I joke that we should invent and market a cup just for dads. To preserve future generations....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page