Any other good "dad" websites? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-18-2007, 01:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I like coming to the dad's forum, but it is rather slow...no offense. I lurk around on mothering all the time, but wish that I knew of a similar type message board website for Dads (preferably AP...). Anyone know of anything like that? Or at least some other good "dad" websites?

Thanks,
CR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-19-2007, 09:58 AM

True it's pretty slow. I don't know of any other dad forums that aren't slow (there's one on ovusoft.com, but that one was slower and much less AP, so I'm here).

I do know of some dad-blogs, rebeldad.com is a great one.

Maybe we can make this one quicker?
#3 of 7 Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 PM

I post in lots of other places on MDC, I have hardly posted in the dad's forum at all, but I am here every day. Non-combative, AP dads have really easy acceptance elsewhere on MDC.
#4 of 7 Old 07-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Yeah, I tried looking for a board like this for dads but I found none that were really active.

I guess fathering boards on the net haven't caught on yet.
#5 of 7 Old 09-17-2007, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papai View Post
Yeah, I tried looking for a board like this for dads but I found none that were really active.

I guess fathering boards on the net haven't caught on yet.
Saw this post and thats what made me join this forum, there are sites out their for dads.

Hats off to what this site is doing
#6 of 7 Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM

I'm a mommy. So sorry to butt in here, but I feel for you guys. I actually got my DH on here the other day to lurk, but he's just not into the online chat thing. I think it's so much harder for dads to meet and want to talk about fatherhood. But please feel free to join us moms elsewhere on MDC. It's great to get a man's perspective on things, but we don't always come straight to the dad's forum kwim.

What would you guys like to talk about? I have been hearing complaints about it being slow, but I don't see many new posts. Hell, just tell us something that really p***ed you off today.

Thanks for letting me butt in!
#7 of 7 Old 09-20-2007, 01:16 AM

I have several sites bookmarked that I'm happy to share with you dads

http://www.dadcando.com/ This is put together by a divorced dad to promote staying connected to your children and does not have chat forum, however, there are great creative resources. Of the three sites I'm recommending this is the one I'm most familiar with.

http://www.dadsanddaughters.org/our-work/dadtalk.aspx Just for dads with little girls but hey, it's chat--maybe dad's with sons lurk here too--seems quite active.

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/athomedad/index.blog For at-home-dads, has a yahoo group with moderate action.

Funny thing is, while my DH is an awesome super involved dad he is not into father chat or much Internet reading about parenting. I collect sites for him just in case he is someday, perhaps as our DD grows older

HTH!

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page