How many Dads in the dads section? - Mothering Forums

View Poll Results: You are in the Dads section. Are you:
A dad, and I want to use the Dads section to discuss dad issues with other dads. 3 50.00%
A dad, but I don't care if this section is more tightly dad-ified. The more opinoions the merrier. 0 0%
A mum & I post on important Dads-forum issues then I scoot back to the other forums. 0 0%
A mum, and I should be able to share my opinion anywhere I want to. 2 33.33%
Who cares if men pop on, post once or twice, get hassled & disappear, never to be seen on MDC again. 0 0%
What are you talking about? Do people really care? 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 08-07-2008, 02:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The "crunchy vs. mainstream" thread got me to thinking.

This is the Dad's section. This is fairly unique on MDC, where a forum is specifically titled to indicate it's participants.

Although before my time here on MDS, it is my understanding that dads waged a PR battle with MDC in efforts to convince them that dads needed a place to post, to discuss with other dads. I would suggest that if a dad wanted female input on an issue, he would post in any of the other age or issue-specific forums (ie: my toddler wets the bed, what do other dads do about it would be posted in DADS. If I wanted general info, I would post in TODDLERS).

The forum-purpose explanation (posted HERE clearly indicates the purpose of this forum. I ask the ladies to consider this fact before barraging the DADS forum with responses.

While dads may participate on MDC here and there, there are VERY few dads who post here regularly; something the dads forum was created to address.

Please, leave the dads their forum.
#2 of 2 Old 08-10-2008, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thread is closed to new posts. The Forum Guidelines state:

Quote:
The Dads forum is a place for MDC dads, and dads-to-be, to discuss issues that are particular to them as fathers. As such, posts to this forum should be focused on parenting topics specific to men.

Other topics that concern men, such as prostate health, partner relationships, and other less parenting specific discussions, are welcome in the forums that are placed for those topics and intended to host them. We certainly welcome our male community and are delighted to find an increase in fathers registering and posting here. But we do want keep posting on topic for the forum and ask that fathers venture into other forums to post, based on the topic of their thread. If the topic is one that is clearly of male focus and does not receive responses in the other forum, a simple post here to direct members here to the thread in the other forum would be fine. Posting the discussion here would not.

We also ask that our female membership not post to the Dads board to discuss their own male-female relationships or to ask questions that are not specifically dad parenting topics. Posts by women to discuss issues with her partner are not appropriate here and will be closed.

Any questions about the forum purpose, rules, and guidelines may be sent to me by PM. Thanks to all our MDC dads who have been a source of help and inspiration to our community.
Any issues with the forum guidelines, moderation or administration of this forum can be PMed to an Administrator or if there are general questions, please take these to Questions and Suggestions. Here is a current thread about the Dads forum for more information about the Dads Forum and our search for a moderator.

The MDC User Agreement requires that we:

Quote:
Do not post to debate or challenge the MDC User Agreement, the moderators, administrators, or their actions. Constructive criticism and questions for purposes of clarification are best addressed directly to the moderator or administrator by private message or personal e-mail.
Thanks!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page