morning sickness remedies - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-14-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok...first off, we should tar and feather the MAN who named this stuff MORNING sickness b/c i've had it since the day i tested and it hasn't let up!

second...i need remedies. i've tried ginger everything...not helping. i'm on the verge of ralphing ALL DAY, and have even had dry heaves. i'm SOOOOOOOOOOO exhausted and nauseous. anybody got anything to help? i had to take meds w/#2, #3, and #4 and am trying to avoid that!

tia,

Jen-loving Bill, mama to Teryn 18, Kalyn 16, Ricky 13, Natalie 5, Angel Zoe '07 and rainbow1284.gifAmelia Rae 22 mos bonus kids (dss) W 14, W 13 NEW grandbaby due 10/10/11

#2 of 5 Old 04-14-2007, 04:29 PM

Vitamin Water- revive flavor. It has lots of B vitamins. I've heard B6 supplements are helpful, too.

I'm taking Zofran now- I didn't want to, but I couldn't function without it. I can still barely function, but it's better now.

btw-- your DD and I share the same name- 1st and middle.

modern-mama to DS (5.16.05) and DD (9.11.08) and one more (GIRL!) coming in December
#3 of 5 Old 04-14-2007, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I also heard that B6 is good.

A student midwife suggested to me that I put a bowl of nuts beside my bed and eat a few every time I wake up in the night. She said the 8 hour stretch of not eating was probably making it worse, and I am sure she was right! I tried it last night but I don't think I ate enough. tonight I will eat more and we shall see.

Some people have found the motion sickness bracelets helpful.

I'm also trying homeopathic ipecac

BC Mum of three ('05, '07, '11 and #4 coming May '14!)    jumpers.gif  belly.gif 

#4 of 5 Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 PM

Ah poor mama, I've been there (4 times!!)

I'm not in any DDC, but totally have sympathy for mama suffering with severe nausea/sickness.

When all-day sickness is so severe that you are throwing up 7 to 14 times a day and/or have trouble keeping food or water down, I would highly recomend meds.

I took meds for my 4th pregnancy, and should of for the other pregnancies... it was a life saver. In canada it's called Diclecting (vitamin B with anti-histamines) and I could finally eat and drink!!

Things that helped with sickness when it wasn't severe were: Preggie Pops (the sour flavors) , Gatorade (the clear flavors) and not mixing drinking liquids with eating solids. And absolutely nothing remotely oily, those were so hard to digest. White bread (yup, the cheap unhealthy kind) helped too and never waiting to be hungry to eat.

I don't recommend nuts because of the oil content and the fact that they are hard to throw-up.
#5 of 5 Old 04-14-2007, 06:18 PM

If I get preggo again, I would order this

Now isn't that just the cutest barf bucket! Full or organic products and all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page