Weekly chat anyone? 5/14-5/21 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 05-14-2007, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
How was everyone's Mother's Day? When DH asked me what I'd like for M's day I said "A nap. No, two naps!" I lounged around in my pj pants all day, it was great.

I've been MIA from our DDC for a week or so only because I've been drowning in dental related stress. We took our 17 mo old to the dentist last week & it was awful. I won't even try to type about it all, it'd be a novel, but it's freaking StrEsSFUl as all get out trying to figure out what to DO about his decay, how to prevent further decay, what on earth caused it in the 1st place, & how to avoid the same thing happening to this baby!!: It seems as if my ds was born without very much enamel on his teeth. Every single one of them are decaying. And on top of ALL of it, DH & I aren't in prefect agreement about what should be done about his teeth. :

SO ANYWAY, enough of that gloomy stuff. How are your belly babes??? How are your families feeling, if you've told them? How is your housework piling up? I often feel like a big fat barfy whale & can't stand doing just about anything. But I'm more than 1/2way thru the 1st trimester! 8 weeks today.

I am feeling absolutely clueless about a name for this belly babe. And I'm STILL not showing in the least! I think that is so bizarre. This is my 4th! With my 3rd I was in maternity clothes by now! I let that confuse & worry me so much that the other day I took a pregnancy test, just "to be sure". It was instantly as pos as could be. I wish my belly would start growing! It sure is weird how different pregnancies can be.

Anyway, I'll stop babbling now. Your turn!!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#2 of 21 Old 05-14-2007, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
zjande- So sorry about your little ones teeth. My brother had not enamel on half his baby teeth and needed sooo much work as a little guy. The good news is that his adult teeth were just fine. I hope that is the case for you and you little guy.

Things are crazy around here and my house is a wreck half the time. The nausea meds I was prescribed make me even more exhausted so needless to say not much is getting done.

I had a bit of spotting and cramping on Saturday and since we were going to tell MIL about this pregnancy on Mother's Day I decided to head to the ER to check it out (our last preg ended in a m/c so I'm so jumpy about it all). Baby is fine and they couldn't find a reason for the spotting. I got to see the baby in the ultrasound and I just can't believe that one day that little speck will be as big as my crazy 2 year old!
#3 of 21 Old 05-14-2007, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Did your spotting occur about the time you would have been having your period if you weren't pg? I had 2 days of mild cramps recently, right on the days I would've had AF. And during my 2nd pg I had a ton of bleeding one day, was sure I was m/cing, but everything was fine & the ER said it was probably "just my period"!

That's reassuring to hear about your brother's teeth. This whole decay thing sucks!

I HEAR YA about the house being a wreck!!!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
#4 of 21 Old 05-14-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Did your spotting occur about the time you would have been having your period if you weren't pg? I had 2 days of mild cramps recently, right on the days I would've had AF. And during my 2nd pg I had a ton of bleeding one day, was sure I was m/cing, but everything was fine & the ER said it was probably "just my period"!
You know that was probably it. I think my period would have started right around there.. huh how odd. I spotted w/ dd's pregnancy and it from low lying placenta. I think I was just being neurotic this time...
#5 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 01:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My dh cleaned the kitchen last night, thank goodness. I am pretty well over my morning sickness but I am so tired and lazy! and if the kitchen is too messy to cook I will just eat out which we can't afford for me to keep doing.

Aubrey, have you considered clo and butter oil for your ds's teeth?

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#6 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

Aubrey, have you considered clo and butter oil for your ds's teeth?
Well, we're veg so the clo is out (we do flax, hemp seed oil & a vegan dha supplement), & to be perfectly honest, neither DH or I are convinced that WAP is a trustworthy source of nutritional knowledge yet so I haven't felt compelled to invest in $60 butter. We have however invested in various calcium-magnesium supplements, xylitol & colloidal silver.

#7 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter

Ok guys, the Jan DDC's weekly chat thread is 3 pages long already!! C'mon, we gotta start chatting!!!

#8 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 04:43 PM

Ugh. Graduation is in two days and my mom, my sister and my inlaws are going to be here for it. We *should* tell them about this new baby, we had actually *planned* on telling them about this new baby, but now that it's creeping up neither I nor DH really want to. I don't know why, but I guess I'd like to keep it a secret a little longer.

And, we're completely stumped for names. Actually, that's not totally true... we have a GREAT boy's name picked out. But I have really, really strong intution that the belly babe is a little girl, and we have no idea what we'd do for a girl's name. Nowhere even to start. And given that we couldn't formally decide on Elliot until he was 2 days old, we really do need to start looking now!

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#9 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Names - I sat down this weekend with my name list (the one I've been working on since elementary school : ) and we came up with three girl names and two boy names that we like. I know it will likely change a bit between now and Dec, but it's sure nice to have them narrowed down from 20 of each!

My last day of work is on Thursday and I am excited to be done with work for a while (I don't plan to WOH until kids are at least pre-teens unless it's absolutely necessary).

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#10 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 10:26 PM

[QUOTE=Belleweather;8129108]Ugh. Graduation is in two days and my mom, my sister and my inlaws are going to be here for it. We *should* tell them about this new baby, we had actually *planned* on telling them about this new baby, but now that it's creeping up neither I nor DH really want to. I don't know why, but I guess I'd like to keep it a secret a little longer.

I am graduating this weekend as well. I am hoping not to puke during the ceremony....lol.My dad is coming out from WI on Thursday. My Dh and DD And I just spent a few days yurt camping on the coast for Mother's Day, it was really realaxing after trying to finish up my thesis and all other last min. projects and papers. However, we came home to a trashed house today. I did about half of my daughters room and then had to sit on the couch for 2 hrs. I hope my dad doesn't mind if our house is a mess when he gets here.
I told my mom I was pregnant on Mother's Day. I was nervouse, I was 19 when I told her about my dd, and believe me that was traumatic..lol But she was thrilled, and she did warm up pretty quickly with my 1st. It helps that dh and I have been together for almost 8 yrs now.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#11 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Ok guys, the Jan DDC's weekly chat thread is 3 pages long already!! C'mon, we gotta start chatting!!!
omg, it's hot!!?? I swear I can't do anything productive today.

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#12 of 21 Old 05-15-2007, 11:04 PM

I've been away for awhile. My sil's graduation party was on mother's day, so we were out of town. It was really hectic. Anyway, I'm just trying to feel better and things are stressful right now because we are moving as soon as we can get rid of our car and dh can get transfered. I'll have to find a new midwife and everything, but overall it will be less stressful because we are moving in with family for awhile. We will be saving lots of money and I'll have people to help me take care of dd. Yay! Well, I guess I'll stop rambling, lol. These weekly threads are a good idea!
#13 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 AM

So I've been secretly coveting taking part in one of these weekly chat threads!

All this talk of graduation [sigh] that should be me next spring (I just finished my third year of nursing). Having said that - this baby is a surprise, and I'm taking a year mat leave after he/she is born.

So my new grad date is going to be May 2009. Ah well, what can you do?

I go see the midwife for the first time tomorrow (same one who delivered my daughter) and I know she's going to chuckle when she sees my list of stuff I wanna talk about.

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#14 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjande View Post
Well, we're veg so the clo is out (we do flax, hemp seed oil & a vegan dha supplement), & to be perfectly honest, neither DH or I are convinced that WAP is a trustworthy source of nutritional knowledge yet so I haven't felt compelled to invest in $60 butter.
Fair enough!

I just ate a piece of lemon cake for breakfast
Why is it that during pregnancy I want to eat such bad food? Shouldn't nature want me to eat excellent, nutritious things only?

#15 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Why is it that during pregnancy I want to eat such bad food? Shouldn't nature want me to eat excellent, nutritious things only?
You and I need to have a chat with mother nature - I keep waking up at two in the morning craving sour candy like a mad woman.

Instead - we have water. Mmmmmmmmmmm....

Full time working mom to two bright and busy little girls! treehugger.gif
#16 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post

I ask this same thing all the time, too! And it's weird how different it is per pregnancy too. I made a big leafy awesome salad nearly everyday in the 1st tri of my last pg, & this time the thought of eating salad makes me gag. Any raw veggies have me gagging, it sucks!! My diet isn't very impressive these days & it makes me feel guilty. But what can I do??? If my body is screaming "DO NOT touch that disgusting salad or I will make you gag & feel like you're going to faint!" how can I ignore it?

mama_b, I hope things start calming down for you & getting easier once you are moved in!

Regarding baby names, I have a name book that I've been keeping notes in the back of. Whenever I hear a name I even sort of like, I write it down for inspiration. I figure MAYBE if I find 2 or 3 names I sort of like I can combine them somehow to make a name I really like. My favorite name for a girl today (& this will change by tomorrow) is Ilaria, & my favorite for a boy today is Tyrlief (teer-leef).

#17 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 02:59 PM

yeah salad is the worst, I can't stand leaves right now It's so abnormal!

I am making lists of names but I am not going to stress about it because I know we will keep changing our minds. DD is 20 months and I still wish I could changeher name sometimes It took us about 3 weeks to choose her name, and we didn't register it for a while after that because I just wasn't *sure*. We called her Baby
My dh is no help on the name front, we never agree on them and whenever I ask him seriously about names he turns it into a big joke.

#18 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 03:00 PM

Oh and Melissa, I crave sour candies ALL the time lately!
Whenever we rent a movie or buy gas I always buy some.

#19 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 07:26 PM

I was just thinking about this in the bathroom today.

If I keep going at this rate, I'll end up with GD and that screws all my plans. Of course I wouldn't be so worried if my M/S wasn't going on its 6TH week. :

My DP is driving me nuts because he keeps asking about what's for dinner every night as soon as we get home. He refuses to cook, no matter how much I barf and then expects a gourmet dinner. Ugh. That's not part of the contract... oh wait. We're not married! There isn't even a contract to begin with.
#20 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamablueberry View Post
I am graduating this weekend as well. I am hoping not to puke during the ceremony....lol.My dad is coming out from WI on Thursday.
I know what you mean about the puking... the first thing I said to my midwife after we confirmed the pregnancy was "Oh my God, please help me not to barf at graduation!" I'm still traumatized from my undergrad ceremony where we wore robes that looked like plastic garbage bags in 95 degree full sun and I was seated between a girl with a massive hang over and friend who was 11 weeks pregnant and barfy. Vomit is an integral part of those memories, alas.

And yeah, I wish I could get DH to cook, like... at all. He's so stressed out from exams that he can't hardly even manage to nuke anything. We'd be living on take-out, If I could think of anything that delivered or carried out that didn't make me run for the toilet... :

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#21 of 21 Old 05-16-2007, 10:33 PM
SSM

Lemon cake sounds absolutely awesome...I wonder if I can talk dh into going out and getting me a lemon cake.
I'm very pukey here too, can't keep much of anything down except iced tea of all things...I don't even LIKE iced tea!
8wks, 3 days today.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page