How high do you feel your baby moving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-27-2007, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 24 weeks today and I have been feeling my baby kicking as high as 3-4 finger above my belly button (also from the outside and I can see the little kicks).
I was thinking that at 24 weeks the uterus was not so high yet, so I am confused.

And OMG... it is like this baby has a dance club going on in there!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM

At my 20 week appt I was told that my uterus was measuring about a finger width above my belly button. I'm 25w today and can feel movement a few fingers above my belly button.

I just described my baby as a ninja octopus who is somehow able to jab me in every side of my uterus as once. What are they DOING in there? I wish I could set up a webcam and take a look. She's throwing herself around in there today. I told my friend that it feels like in movies when people are trying to break in a door... and there's a group of hulking surly men holding a log and running at the door. I feel like she's been doing that. HEEEEAVE! Okay back up now and HEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAVE!!! You can see my belly jumping around. It's so funny.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 08-27-2007, 06:28 PM

I was just thinking about this too!

I am only just 22 weeks, but I had my hand on my stomach a little while ago and definitely felt the baby kick about an inch above my belly button. It might have been how I was sitting or something, but maybe it really is up that high. I'm having a hard time figuring out where my fundus is; I seem to "lose" it after I track it up to my belly button, but I think that's because I have a "protective layer" of fluff around my middle. It's a bit harder for me to detect movement on the outside for this reason.

Here's a diagram of fundal height that I found online:
http://www.i-am-pregnant.com/img/womb-12-40wks.gif

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

Old 08-27-2007, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
You can see my belly jumping around. It's so funny.
Just you wait for the last few weeks -- it looks so funny when the baby runs out of space but they keep trying to stretch themselves regardless. You can see your tummy taking weird shapes as if an alien was in there, and you can almost always tell exactly what baby body part is underneath! Seeing the little foot is my favourite!

These video gives you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMpMoeIgwoQ
Old 08-27-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polihaupt View Post
These video gives you an idea:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMpMoeIgwoQ
freaky

Mama to 3 year old DS and awaiting #2 in June
Old 08-27-2007, 07:37 PM

Well this is my 3rd baby, 4th pregnancy and when I sit and my belly pops out I can feel the kicks on the underside of my boobs.

Yes, just wait until your 35+ weeks, you look like you've got some weird alien creature in there. I was taking a bath one time with our first and he changed positions from one side of my belly to the other and I thought I was going to throw it was so weird looking and feeling.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Old 08-27-2007, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
About 24 weeks here and I feel 95% of movement at the very bottom of my stomach near my bikini line.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 08-28-2007, 12:54 AM

I thought this one was way weirder- you can totally see the outline of the baby, heads down, facing mom's spine, with legs curled up and arms and legs moving. funny sound effects, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0WWOpH0oPk

i am getting feet in the ribs already. but i am measuring wrong, too- measuring 34cm (25weeks) tomorrow we get n US to see why. I don't think there's two babies because wouldn't I be feeling two hiccups sometimes? Hmm, it sounds like a scientific method of ruling out twins. we'll see...
Old 08-28-2007, 07:07 AM

OK-maybe because I am fluffier-but my belly hasn't moved yet. When should I expect this to happen?

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

When the baby runs out of room I think
I think I usually have alien belly by 7.5 - 8 mos (I am very fluffy)

I have seen skinny moms having alien like tummies already around 24 - 25 weeks.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm feeling most of mine 3-4 fingers below the belly button. It also depends on what position I'm in. It's really unnerving when I lay on my side & it feels like I'm getting kicked in the corner of the pelvis.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
Old 08-28-2007, 12:14 PM

[QUOTE=Momma2DoubleCuties;9014906]Well this is my 3rd baby, 4th pregnancy and when I sit and my belly pops out I can feel the kicks on the underside of my boobs.
QUOTE]

Me too! I thought I was the only one! I'm 25 weeks today, and I've felt this for several days at least.

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
Old 08-28-2007, 02:42 PM

I feel/see the baby kick just underneath the ribs already. Its very strange and I was thinking of talking to the dr as I thought it might be too far up... but it sounds like I'm not alone!! Yeah!!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 08-28-2007, 10:02 PM

I'm about 22 weeks and mostly feel movement around my belly button, at least thats where all of the strong ones are (they make my shirt jump!). I feel light ones down low. The highest they have been are about 2" above my belly button. Today I had the pleasure of feeling strong kicks to a very full bladder. Those are not as fun as the others.

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

Old 08-29-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm only 25 weeks and my baby is kicking my ribs! I don't think dd did that until much later.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:01 PM

I'm feeling him about as high as I ever felt DS, yesterday on my way to a LLL meeting he had planted his heels or toes at the top of my uterus right under my ribs and wiggled his toes the entire car ride. I feel him EVERYWHERE!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 08-29-2007, 04:48 PM

Well, I feel most of the kicks around or right above my belly button, and some pokes way low. But the top of my uterus is right under my ribs right now and i'm only 23 weeks. This is my 3 rd baby and I'm only 5 feet tall ans fairly short waisted so there really isn't that much room to begin with. This baby seems to be taking after her big sister, though. Dd loved to hang out about as low as she could get the whole time. Felt like she was gonna fall out at any time in the last 3-4 months! Ds, however was jammed into my rib cage for the entire second half of my pregnancy.
No alien baby movement yet but that usually comes in the next month or so.

User Tag List