Let the leaves fall:) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else ready for fall I am so excited for the cooler weather and the leaves starting to change color. I could tell ya I am excited for Christmas already too but I won't jump the gun too soon. I'm not quite ready for the really cold weather just yet. Just the decorating and seeing all the beautiful christmas lights. And taking DD to childrens Wonderland
On another note, Old Navy has some really good deals on sweatsuits right now (not maternity). I just went and bought 3 really comfy outfits since that is the only thing I am comfortable in Some of the sweatshirts are marked down to 12.50 which I think is a good deal. They are sooo soft and warm.

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#2 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 09:41 AM

I'll jump on your bandwagon. I LOVE fall and am also already getting excited about Christmas. I love the warm fuzzy feelings I have associated with them. The food. I've been craving warm earthy creamy foods lately with beer, but I haven't been drinking the beer. The fun. I can't wait to jump in the leaves with my girlies. The colors. I love the colors of fall and Christmas. I'm starting to get all giddy about the baby coming too. Three months seems so far away so I stopped saying that I have that long to go. Instead I say I have so many weeks to go, because for some reason 12 weeks seems much closer than 3 months. It's weird I'm sure haha.
#3 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 10:09 AM

We're not big Christmas people here, but I just want some cooler, crisper weather!! After the hurting I put on a turkey breast last night, I'm mostly looking forward to a Thanksgiving pig-out
#4 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 10:42 AM

Fall has become my favorite time of year since all of my babies have been fall babies. DD was born in the foothills of TN and it was just absolutely beautiful...wonderful weather, fall leaves, and rolling hills. Ds's birth was here at home, scenery not as gorgeous, but still nice. And this little one will be here in December (which is still technically "fall" here in the south...we don't get our version of "cold" until Jan usually).

It's a very short season and we have as many really hot days as nice ones, but I'm in a fall mood. I want to decorate with fall wreaths and plant mums (we don't have the extra money to do it though) and do some fall crafts with the kids. I'm looking forward to Christmas too, although I'm feeling like I won't really have "time" for it (Thanksgiving the year ds was born is just a blur).

Christa
#5 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 12:01 PM

Autumn and the winter holidays are my favorite time of year! From late Sept. (a week from now is the 7 year anniversary of when dh and I started dating) through New Year's. I can't wait to go pick apples, go to the pumpkin patch, etc. I just am going nuts trying to figure out what to make dd for Halloween!
#6 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am so excited for fall and winter! We lived in NC last year and got no real fall or winter. I am so ready for changing leaves, snow, and cold weather! We started to last week and suddenly it's in the 80's this week again!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#7 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 03:18 PM

I am excited about fall too even though we don't have too much of one here in FL. I think I like it so much because of the pumpkin! LOL I love pumpkin baked goods.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#8 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 03:37 PM

I LOVE fall! We spent last Saturday in Salem, MA which was lovely, the leaves were falling, the weather was perfect and the tourists haven't shown up yet.
I've also been on a cooking rampage. I love cooking in cooler weather, I never want to eat much less turn on the oven when it's hot.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#9 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw826 View Post
I am so excited for fall and winter! We lived in NC last year and got no real fall or winter. I am so ready for changing leaves, snow, and cold weather! We started to last week and suddenly it's in the 80's this week again!
You must be in the Midwest -the weather here is such a tease.

I'm ready for hayrides, and decorating pumpkins, and cider, and trips to the orchard, and jeans and sweaters! I want to do some crafts with the kids with pretty leaves and acorns - I already have my fall wreath up (it's September, darn it!) and some fall decorations around the house. I can't help it! I love this time of year!

Proud Catholic, homeschooling, RN-student mama of
DS 10 reading.gif  DS 8 fencing.gif DS 5, DD 3 energy.gif and a new DS  belly.gif 3/2011
#10 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 05:20 PM

I'm soooooo happy it's cooler now. I loathe humidity even more than heat and we had plenty o both. 65 degrees plzkthx
#11 of 18 Old 09-18-2007, 07:39 PM

Fall is my favorite time of year, we woke up this morning to 36* which was oh so nice. Really put me in the fall mode, I love going to pumpkin patches and all the pumpkin flavors drinks/food. We celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving at the first of October as well as the American Thanksgiving, so I'm anxious for that it kind of kicks our holidays off, we've got the turkey in the freezer waiting for that and my lips just water everytime I see it.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#12 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 02:12 AM

ooooh! I LOVE Fall too. My birthday was yesterday and so I officially start Fall after my birthday. It's been getting colder here and rainy. We've been drinking cider and burning candles to make the house cozy. We're going to an apple farm and pumpkin patch this year. I love all the fall festivities and the leaves and the crisp air. I even like the rain. One of my favorite things about Fall and Winter is cooking!!! I make soups, stews, casseroles, bake cakes, cookies and pies. DH and I love eating a hot yummy dinner when it's cold outside.

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#13 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer View Post
My birthday was yesterday
Well Happy birthday!! (belated)
#14 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday13th View Post
I LOVE fall! We spent last Saturday in Salem, MA which was lovely, the leaves were falling, the weather was perfect and the tourists haven't shown up yet.
I've also been on a cooking rampage. I love cooking in cooler weather, I never want to eat much less turn on the oven when it's hot.
We live in Portsmouth NH! Not far from you.

I love fall! I want to pick apples and go on hay rides and eat pumpkin pie. (Mmmmm, pumpkin pie ) I think we may pick apples this weekend or next. I can't wait! I am making apple butter for people for Christmas this year so I need like 10,000 apples.
#15 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Oh, yeah. Don't even get me started on fall food.

I desperately missed apple butter, real pumpkins in pies and cookies and bread, and all kinds of squash and Macintosh apples last year. I plan on going overboard this year!

#16 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny_Dancer View Post
My birthday was yesterday and so I officially start Fall after my birthday.
Happy birthday! Mine's tomorrow, perfect timing for an apple spice birthday cake!

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#17 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 06:48 PM

Fall lover here too! I was just discussing it with my friend the other day, of why fall is the best season. Winter is just way too cold up here. Spring is always muddy, and at least here it seems to snow at least once in April and sometimes into May. Summer is too hot, but fall... Ahh beautiful fall. I just love being able to put on some sweaters and boots. The colors are amazing! My birthday is in fall, I got married in the fall. I just love fall!

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#18 of 18 Old 09-19-2007, 07:20 PM

Happy B-day (late and early!) everyone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page