making it easier to pee - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-13-2007, 04:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK in the "I am so (was fat) pregnant..." thread someone complained about having to lift up the belly to release the bladder- that's a good one. BUT- here's a tip that will help FULLY release the bladder (you know when you have to pee 5 minutes later)

Anyhow- so pee- lift the belly and pee like normal.

THEN... lean forward and pee some more. if you don't lean forward you might miss some and it will want to come out in 5 minutes.

Sometimes I find that the second "round" has as much liquid as the first.

THEN... sit up, lift the belly and pee some more. Go girl!

Sorry if this is TMI but hey anything to help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-13-2007, 05:01 AM

I am so going to try that the next time I pee!!! (probably in about 5 minutes)!! I miss completely emptying my bladder!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:48 AM

If that works it's going to make you my hero. I used to pee a lot before I was pregnant but now it's getting silly!
Old 10-13-2007, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have to rock back and forth and side to side!

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

Old 10-13-2007, 12:40 PM

Rofl! I've tried the lifting the belly thing, just to see if any more was in there, but not the leaning. That's next!

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:04 PM

: it works like a charm! Thanks Lisa!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:43 PM

Oh my Gosh, you are a SAINT!!
You have just improved my bathroom experience a thousand fold!
Hooray for an empty bladder!:
Old 10-13-2007, 01:59 PM

LOL, I wrote that on the other thread. I always do the lean forward/lift and jiggle uterus/pee more/repeat thing, and it does help.....but I still feel like I have to pee again soon after! At this stage, I think that's just par for the course! But every bit of relief helps, and the method you have mentioned also makes you less susceptible to UTIs, so !

PS....sometimes I'll even wipe, stand, bounce up and down and sit back down for another try! heehee!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
Old 10-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
That's so funny! I learned the whole leaning forward thing during my last pregnancy when I started totally peeing myself as soon as a stood up from the toilet. It works fabulous- pee like normal, then lean way forward & pee all over again (!), then stand up & NOT pee all over myself! woo hoo!

North Idaho rural living  mama to: 23 yo DD, 16 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. And someone new coming this Christmas!
Old 10-13-2007, 05:49 PM

ROFLMAO. I have to pee every five seconds, too, and I am definitely going to try this, but reading all these posts with pure JOY and EXCITEMENT over something as simple as an empty bladder is hilarious!
Old 10-13-2007, 06:35 PM

It's the little things that bring true pleasure, isn't it?

Something else I just remembered--a tip from my mw last pregnancy. To help with all the night-time potty trips, she suggested that after I get in bed, to do a few minutes of hands-and-knees pelvic tilts to bring the baby up off my bladder. Then, lie down without standing back up (which is why it's best to do it in the bed). It definitely helped last time. I still had to get up to pee, but not as many times. I would also do a couple tilts after getting back in bed after the mid-night potty runs. I need to start remembering to do that again...

Old 10-13-2007, 09:12 PM

I do all this stuff, and I still can't get all the pee out. I pelvic tilt/rock beforehand and do the belly-lifting, leaning forward, etc., and I stay on the toilet for as long as possible to get it all out. No matter what, 5 minutes later, I'm back on the potty. Zuh? What am I doing wrong here? I stopped trying and am just like, whatever, I have nothing better to do right now than walk to the toilet every 5 minutes anyway, so who cares. But I wouldn't MIND getting it all out in one go!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 10-13-2007, 09:44 PM

If you straddle the toilet and lean forward that's supposed to help too.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

Old 10-13-2007, 10:49 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know if I am coordinated enough to straddle the toilet!

Another thing I do - I don't know if anyone mentioned it- is to take a deep breath and re-release after a few minutes.

Yeah- all this joy and excitement over an empty bladder sure is goofy, isn't it!
Old 10-14-2007, 01:34 AM
Banned

I've never tried leaning! I usually stand up after I pee and then sit back down. That usually does the trick!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:53 AM

Every time I pee now, I'm reminded of the cheesiest moment in the Lord of the Rings movie when the big underground staircase is crumbling and Aragorn says to Frodo, "Lean forward!" so the piece of the stairs they're on will somehow crash into the next one... makes me feel all heroic for attempting to fully empty my bladder

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

Old 10-14-2007, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post
Every time I pee now, I'm reminded of the cheesiest moment in the Lord of the Rings movie when the big underground staircase is crumbling and Aragorn says to Frodo, "Lean forward!" so the piece of the stairs they're on will somehow crash into the next one... makes me feel all heroic for attempting to fully empty my bladder

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
Old 10-14-2007, 03:56 AM - Thread Starter

LOL- reminds me of the time when we were trying to play a CD so the kids wouldn't hear us... in bed.... and my husband put on like the Star Wars theme song or something. The song hasn't sounded the same since.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisarussell View Post
LOL- reminds me of the time when we were trying to play a CD so the kids wouldn't hear us... in bed.... and my husband put on like the Star Wars theme song or something. The song hasn't sounded the same since.
laughup That is HILARIOUS!! I'll probably think of this every time I hear Star Wars, now!
Old 10-14-2007, 02:01 PM

So, I figured it out. The rocking does help a little, and so does standing up and sitting down, and lifting the belly and leaning forward, and all that... but I still have to pee within 5 minutes.

I thought about what Nursingmama05 said and figured I would take it to the most extreme level possible. I spread my legs apart as far as I could and then leaned forward as far as possible. My hands were on the floor. It totally helped and I peed it all out! FINALLY!

I did it again this morning, and Alex walked in on me and dubbed it "toilet yoga." A couple hours later, he told my belly a story about how once upon a time, a baby lived inside a mommy and sat on her bladder and made her need to do toilet yoga to get all the pee out. The baby was more active than EVER during this story - even if we read to my belly or just talk and say hi, she's usually like, "oh, hey guys, what's up." But the toilet yoga story made her super hyper. I think she's proud of herself.

Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 PM

That is SOOOOO hilarious!! I would have been mortified (and found it impossible to explain!) if my dh had walked in whilst I was in that position! I think I would have lied and said I was reaching for something!

So glad it worked out for you though! Nothing is so comfy as an empty bladder!

Postive note: I remembered to do the pelvic tilting after I got in bed last night, and it made a huge difference!! I only woke up once, and it wasn't the urgent need to pee that woke me up! It was stiffness in my back....I got up and pee'd anyway, then got back in bed, did a couple tilts and went back to sleep. Woke up this morning, and needed to pee, but again, it wasn't super urgent or painful.

This is in comparison to most nights urgently needing to get up three times! So, hopefully, it wasn't just a fluke....I can sure use the uninterrupted sleep!

Old 10-14-2007, 03:51 PM

I found a way to get more pee to come out -- do the stuff that makes you pee when you DON'T want to go! Like cough, laugh, sneeze, etc. I sneezed on the potty, and tons more pee came out. So I tried coughing, and it worked!

ETA- Peeing in the shower works for me, too. I know, kind of gross, but it gets washed away immediately and I'm careful not to get it ON me ... Something about all the warm running water is inspirational, plus there's more flexibility to move into positions that "free the flow."

I still can't believe I'm posting about peeing. Again.
Old 10-14-2007, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
That is SOOOOO hilarious!! I would have been mortified (and found it impossible to explain!) if my dh had walked in whilst I was in that position! I think I would have lied and said I was reaching for something!
Alex has seen way, way worse.... for more, see post #94 of this thread where I actually have my response to you. I deleted it here and pasted it into the TMI thread 'cause I was afraid it might be too TMI for this one.

Old 10-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneymoonBaby View Post
I found a way to get more pee to come out -- do the stuff that makes you pee when you DON'T want to go! Like cough, laugh, sneeze, etc. I sneezed on the potty, and tons more pee came out. So I tried coughing, and it worked!
I tried this but it didn't work for me. Maybe I over-Kegeled.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
I did it again this morning, and Alex walked in on me and dubbed it "toilet yoga." A couple hours later, he told my belly a story about how once upon a time, a baby lived inside a mommy and sat on her bladder and made her need to do toilet yoga to get all the pee out. The baby was more active than EVER during this story - even if we read to my belly or just talk and say hi, she's usually like, "oh, hey guys, what's up." But the toilet yoga story made her super hyper. I think she's proud of herself.
LMBO!!! Toilet yoga! Oy that's what it feels like too often :P

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014

Old 10-15-2007, 02:09 AM

Not quite the same here, just that I'll have this URGENT need to pee but only a bit comes out. Other times I just go for the sake of "Better go cuz we'll be on the road for a while" and I pee out a gallon. I sit there and marvel at how long I pee. Way longer than tom hanks in a league of their own.

In another TMI related note, I hurt my right wrist and have a bit o preggo carpel tunnel and it hurts to wipe!

What a day for a bidet dream.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva Mama View Post
In another TMI related note, I hurt my right wrist and have a bit o preggo carpel tunnel and it hurts to wipe!
Amen sister. I can't even blame carpel tunnel - I'm just having some problems with the old reach-around! Pfft!

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
Old 10-15-2007, 03:37 AM

HELP!! I really can't pee it all out. I just pee little bits at a time. Every time I stand up I have to pee again. I do toilet yoga, pelvic rock and tilt, wiggle side to side, stand up and then sit down, cough, lean forward, basically EVERY suggestion I have read in this thread and then some. I have been unable to sleep for the past 2 hours simply because any time I relax at all I nearly pee myself... and then when I sit on the toilet, I pee a bit, but I can't get it out. I don't feel empty afterward either. I sit on the toilet and try for ever - I just sat there for an HOUR (reading a really good book), peeing bits out every few minutes, but never felt relieved. And I still don't, right now, after ONE HOUR on the toilet of doing everything under the sun I could think of.

If anyone has any other tips/tricks for emptying the bladder I'd love to hear them. I literally have to pee EVERY SECOND right now because I can never empty my bladder, and I can't go more than 15 minutes without going to the bathroom. I mean, I guess I could have a UTI or something, but this new peeing-a-lot thing coincides with me being able to breathe more easily, so I'm wondering if baby has dropped even though I'm 32 weeks and the thought of going up to 10ish weeks like this makes me think I should invest in adult diapers.

Off to pee again, although I JUST came back from the toilet 5 minutes ago and my legs still hurt from sitting on it. D'oh.

ETA: I just peed and came back and I have to pee again. I am a sad panda.

Old 10-15-2007, 12:44 PM

The only further suggestion I can think of is....

:

:

.....maybe try peeing in a not-sitting position, such as, standing in the shower or lying back in the bathtub.... I know, too gross for words, and if you ever tell anyone I told you to try it, I'll call you a dirty rotten liar!

:

Old 10-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
.....maybe try peeing in a not-sitting position, such as, standing in the shower or lying back in the bathtub.... I know, too gross for words, and if you ever tell anyone I told you to try it, I'll call you a dirty rotten liar!
I was actually about to suggest this! Don't me ashamed, I was watching the today show the other day with the guy that collects secrets apparently the most common on is that people pee in the shower. Heh, a long as you get it out and feel better why not?

User Tag List