Mothering Forum banner

Anyone NOT having Braxton-Hicks?

556 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Kharen 
#1 ·
Or at least, wouldn't know one if they got run over by one? Sorry, I don't have much experience w/this stuff.

See less See more
#4 ·
nope, I've only had one between all my pregnancies so far. It weird and with my labors my water broke the first time and contractions started with the 2nd and it was the real thing both times. I don't know anything about BH.

#5 ·
I am 29w5d (in the Jan ddc) and not a single BH yet...honestly I have no idea what they feel like either. I never had any with dd. I hear people talking about them, and I am thinking I would notice if/when one happened. I do pay a lot of attention to my body and my baby's movement, so I am thinking I would know if I was having one. I just don't think I am having them, nor did I have them with dd.

#6 ·
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you'd know it if you had one. I've been feeling them since about week 10, though it took about a month before I realized what they were. At first, it just felt like my stomach was hard. Later, it got so I'd talk a bit funny with the effort of ignoring it. This week, I feel a tightness in my throat, and if i check my belly with my hands, sure enough, it's tight. I think I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum from you ladies. Amazing how much variety there is.

#8 ·
well i read your post intending to reply that, "no i don't get them either", but i Googled them to double-check and actually i think i do. sounds like basically your belly just gets really tight. i get that from exercising, nursing, and ahem...orgasms.

it is a bit uncomfortable and awkward sometimes, but not terrible. i guess i had them w/ my other pregnancy then and didn't properly realize the tightness was BH's. interesting.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone, just wanted to make sure I wasn't alone, though I'm pretty sure Mom didn't have them either. My only other close-up pregnancy knowledge is from a co-worker who just had her baby, and she had them A LOT.

#10 ·
You're not alone ... I think I've *maybe* had a few. I've felt an occassional tightness (with no discomfort), usually when we've gone out for a long walk or after being intimate
. But, honestly, I wouldn't have known that was what a BH felt like if I hadn't looked it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.