between round ligament pain and cervix pressure... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm starting to feel really low. and scared that i will be dealing with this pain for potentially the next 5-6 weeks. and that it will affect my overall energy level going into labor and i'll start at a disadvantage.

also, because this is my first pregnancy, i don't know how "normal" this is. the round ligament pain only happens when i'm reclined, but ANY movement when i'm reclined is excruciating: rolling over slightly, moving my leg, etc.

but the cervix pressure and hip achiness is constant. i'm trying to remain active and get a little bit of walking in every day, at least a little, and it's just too painful. honestly the only relief i get is a very warm bath, and i can't stay in the tub for a month.

i'm sorry to be so complainy but this is the first time in the pregnancy where i have been really scared. i hate feeling helpless and not knowing when this will end.

oh i forgot to mention what i AM doing about it: talking to my midwife today at my appointment, getting a massage this week, and doing some cat/cow positions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Maybe you read my "terrible pressure" thread? Ugh, I feel ya sister! Today I had some relief though!

Last night I did those cat stretch things where you get on the floor on hands and knees and curl your back? I think it helped. Plus a good night sleep! (thank you Lili!)
#3 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
Maybe you read my "terrible pressure" thread? Ugh, I feel ya sister! Today I had some relief though!
i hadn't read it yet! i woke up and posted that first thing before reading any other threads because i need some comradery! i'm so glad that i'm not alone here.
#4 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I would also suggest getting to a chiropractor. Mine has helped so much with my excruciating round ligament pain.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#5 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 07:38 PM

I second the chiro-I have been going this time and it has made an enormous difference in the way I feel now as compared to how I felt with my first pregnancy!!
#6 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

my midwife prescribed a maternity support belt to lift the weight of the baby up and off my pelvis and keep everything else tight so that the torso movements wouldn't cause so much straining of the ligaments. so that's good. i'm getting it today or tomorrow and i'll let you guys know how it turns out.

i'm going to go put on a spanx girdle for now.
#7 of 7 Old 11-06-2007, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joannalovesyou View Post
i'm starting to feel really low. and scared that i will be dealing with this pain for potentially the next 5-6 weeks.
Aww, hugs, sweetie! I so understand, and when you think of the next several weeks it can be so daunting! But here's the secret: you DON'T have to deal with the pain for the next 6 weeks! You only have to deal with it for the next minute. Take it one minute at a time, and make sure you are paying attention so that you don't miss how many minutes are actually pretty good. Maybe not great, but bearable! You don't want to miss those pretty good minutes.

IMO, that's really the only way to get through these last weeks, and through labor itself! Just one minute. You can do anything for one minute...then you take a deep breath, summon up that strength from your storehouse (you have one, even if you don't know where it is right now!) and face that next minute.

And remember that there is a *reason* that these last few weeks are uncomfortable at best, and at times downright miserable! It gets us ready for the next step--the birth! It makes it easier to welcome the unknown stress of birthing (even if it's baby#4 or more!), makes us ready to surrender to our bodies during labor. If it were easy, we'd just want to be pregnant forever! After all, they are much easier to care for when they are on the inside--trust me!

And definitely get thee to a chiropractor if at all possible! Even just once a week from here on out will make such a difference!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page