The Daily Check-in Thread! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
going to the midwife in a few. i will give any updates when i get back.
#62 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 11:42 AM

Holy lord ... its december !!! now im scared ... lol

But yep im still here .. 38 weeks ... little one due in 14 days!!
Cant wait but scared sensless .. i cant believe its just around the corner now..

Here we go ... brace ourselves ...
#63 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 11:45 AM

check in! today is the second of my two due dates, so of course, i'm expecting nothing to happen.
#64 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 12:15 PM

I'm 38 weeks and 4 days today and am not even going to try guessing whether baby is ready to come or not yet. I've got pretty much everything as ready as I want to get it before baby comes. Got almost all of my personal Christmas shopping done. DH is going to do most of the shopping this year. I can't tell if baby has dropped or not at all. My chiro told me the other day when I went that baby hadn't yet and I don't see my back up mw until Tuesday. Baby has been very active this past week, though. Lastnight I slept very restlessly because I was so excited it was finally December and that made me even more anxious and excited about baby coming. Part of me wants baby to come anytime now, partially because I'd like to have them as far from Christmas as I can and because everynight as I toss and turn in bed I feel like someone wearing boots is stepping on my pubic area. The other part looks at the stuff going on this month and wants baby to wait so I don't miss out! hahaha DD#1 was 3 days past her EDD (according to the Dr.). Although DH and I believe she came right on time to the day. DD#2 was 4 days late according to the Dr. and we don't know when we conceived her so we really couldn't say. My only real hope is that baby doesn't come the same day as their cousin. My SIL is due the week before me but is considering getting a c-section the week I'm due.
#65 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 12:46 PM

I'm still here- been lurking again- I've been so busy with homeschool and everything! I'm 37 weeks now, still having TONS of prodromal labor symptoms- back is KILLING me- and on Thursday the Midwife decided to scare the living #$%^&*** out of me by saying she heard something abnormal about the heartbeat and scheduling me for a level 2 ultrasound just to 'be on the safe side'... Now I have to wait until Tuesday to find out if everythings is OK...and needless to say, I'm a Mess!!!::
But I've been reading every day....I still love you ladies like sisters...:
You bunch of stinky, Sexy, Mammas, You!
#66 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesymama View Post
I'm still here- been lurking again- I've been so busy with homeschool and everything! I'm 37 weeks now, still having TONS of prodromal labor symptoms- back is KILLING me- and on Thursday the Midwife decided to scare the living #$%^&*** out of me by saying she heard something abnormal about the heartbeat and scheduling me for a level 2 ultrasound just to 'be on the safe side'... Now I have to wait until Tuesday to find out if everythings is OK...and needless to say, I'm a Mess!!!::
But I've been reading every day....I still love you ladies like sisters...:
You bunch of stinky, Sexy, Mammas, You!
I'm sorry you have to wait. I hope everything's okay.

I have a few minutes this morning, so here I am. Still here.
#67 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I'm here. Tired, but here.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#68 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 01:54 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Present and accounted for! We just got our car seat on Thursday and DH has been messing with it all morning. Hopefully he'll be installing the darn thing soon. Then we are going to Yoga for Birth class this afternoon.

Oh, and I called and got us signed up for internet yesterday! So, I'll finally have reliable access again starting on Friday. Yay!

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#69 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 02:06 PM

38 weeks 1 day, officially. But I have 4 due dates...Dec 11 (by u/s), Dec 13 (my date), Dec 14 (official date on my chart), and Dec 22 (by that revised formula someone posted on another thread).

I was hoping for an any-day-now baby, but the solstice is the 22nd and the full moon the 23rd so I'm somehow betting that's when we'll go (at least I have those in my favor is I go past all the other dates) I really want to be done before Christmas.

Christa
#70 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 03:18 PM

37wks here.
Going to be doing lots of baking today (have to try out a shortbread recipe.)
Its snowing like crazy and everything looks gorgeous.
#71 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katfka View Post
37wks here.
Going to be doing lots of baking today (have to try out a shortbread recipe.)
Its snowing like crazy and everything looks gorgeous.
Can I have your shortbread recipe? My dd has a new set of cookie cutters that need tested.

Edited to add my own recipe that fell on the floor right after I asked you for yours...

1 cup sugar
1 cup butter
3 cups all-purpose flour

Preheat the oven to 275°F. Cream the sugar and butter. Measure in 2 1/2 cups of flour and mix thoroughly. Flour tabletop, counter or wooden board with the leftover 1/2 cup of flour and knead until you see cracks on the dough's surface. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick and cut into squares, bars or any shape you wish. With a fork, prick the cookies and put them on an un-greased cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes, until the tops are light brown.
#72 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 03:28 PM

Still here, still pregnant. I just won't go early, no way that'll happen. More than likely I'll go late, as in 2 days shy of 42 weeks equaling xmas baby #2 in our house! Or I'll be 60 with a 40 year old in my uterus.

Had my home visit with the best MW in the entire world, and we're all set. Now it's up to baby.

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#73 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 03:43 PM

here!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#74 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 03:55 PM

Checking in for today too! Its snowing here and so pretty. Not sure if we're going to get our tree today or tomorrow. Either way I'm so excited to have that smell in our house.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#75 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 PM

I'm Still here.

No ctx today, I actually feel pretty great. Even though my everything hurts.

I took the funniest picture the other day, it's in my blog- I put it there last night, it's the eclipse one. OMG, it hurts to look at.

See y'all tomorrow, when my dd#3 turns 7. Maybe baby wants to share a birthday with her???

I'm thinking after I pee I will clean my house like a mad woman today. It's a conscious decision, not a nesting instinct thing. I'd really rather just stay in bed all day.
#76 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Woo-hoo! I made it to December, too! 8 more days until my mom is here...can we wait that long, Baby? My pubic bone is crumbling into powder. If I were to wear a skirt, I know I'd leave a trail of pubic bone dust behind me.

Oh, and I'm ditching the afternoon church service right now......and I don't feel a bit guilty! :

Off to take a nap! Ahhhhhh....

And after that, I'm going to felt the sleepy sack that I crocheted for the baby.....I'm very nervous--wish me luck! :

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#77 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Lisa, that's an awesome picture! : No wonder my almost 2yo looks at me with so much wonder and awe.....I'm the biggest thing he's ever seen in his life!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#78 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM

I'm here... but since this baby is absolutely not allowed to arrive before the 26th, I'm just going to be quiet and boring with nothing new to report for a while.
#79 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 05:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post

Oh, and I called and got us signed up for internet yesterday! So, I'll finally have reliable access again starting on Friday. Yay!
YAY!

I'm here, still pregnant. My friends threw me a baby blessing/shower type brunch this morning and it was wonderful and relaxing.
#80 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Present and accounted for! We just got our car seat on Thursday and DH has been messing with it all morning. Hopefully he'll be installing the darn thing soon. Then we are going to Yoga for Birth class this afternoon.

I am jealous and jealouser. My carseat is STILL on backorder. I'm sure it'll arrive before the baby (they say it'll be there any day now) but it's one of those things left undone that I want to have finished and taken care of.
And I tried to get internet at home yesterday, and after showing up an hour late and fidgeting with it for an hour, the service guy told me there were too many trees in the way and we'd have to pay another $100 for an extra antenna, bringing the total installation cost up to $250. So I need to take another look at the options--we're actually in a small town about ten miles out of Austin and we may as well be in the Sahara, for all the options we have.
So until then I'll just have to...um....keep relying on pirate signals from my neighbor's house
Oh, but this morning I did find a gorgeous Zolo at a garage sale for $12 and a bunch of glamourmom tanks for $10 each! My sling stash (Zolo, New Native, Babyhawk and Moby) is now complete!

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#81 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 06:40 PM

Am I naughty in that I haven't even bought a carseat yet? I'm waiting for my financial aid from college to come before I can afford the one I want. (It's a whopping $300)

We're having a homebirth anyhow... so I figure best case scenario it gives me an excuse to stay home... worst case scenario... we borrow one of our sons' convertible carseats if we have to go for a transfer to the local hospital. So in other words.. I can make do- but I've been putting it off. :

I'm still here. Still having crazy contractions... no longer needing to be on bedrest though... so that's good. (I wasn't really laying in bed all day anyway..) I have to take care of my kids and I've got school work to do. I was charting and am confident of an earlier due date than they are... so I wasn't concerned about an "early" baby. Besides... I'm sure I'll still be pregnant right up to or even a couple days past my due date. I don't usually go THAT early.

I'm enjoying these last few weeks. The house is getting deep cleaned and prepared this weekend. Is that nesting? Maybe..

Anyhow.. that's the update on me in a nutshell.
#82 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM

still here. My IL's were over and I am really tired. I'm off to nap-then I have to go to a dinner at a friend's house.

I inherited a bassinet and baby bathtub this morning. I want to do some laundry but I'm too tired right now!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#83 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM

A LOT of thick snot like mucous for 2 days.

Not like I remember the plug to be (I lost it 2 days before my last baby was born, but it was one big blob tinged with blood). So I don't know what to make of it. Pretty gross though!

Baby is very active, as usual
#84 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crsta33 View Post
I was hoping for an any-day-now baby, but the solstice is the 22nd and the full moon the 23rd so I'm somehow betting that's when we'll go (at least I have those in my favor is I go past all the other dates) I really want to be done before Christmas.

Christa

Oooo How *I* would love a Solstice baby! My husband "officially" proposed to me on the summer Solstice 2005 at Stonehenge, UK. 'Twas a magical night and the moon was nearly full, the stones were still warm from the day, and I was breathless and dizzy from a contact buzz from everyone and their guitar playing grandma getting stoned at Stonehenge. He pulled me aside, told me to look at the moon and the stones and remember the night forever as the first night and then morning of our journey to become Mr. and Mrs. Ourlastname. He kissed me deeply and asked if I'd marry him. *sigh*

So although I am convinced that I will cook this babe long, *IF* I were to go early, a Solstice baby would be apropriate and magical!

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#85 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 09:27 PM

Still here. Trying to decide how selfish it would be to seduce DH when he comes in from the third 18 hour day in a row, knowing that he could be sleeping in preparation for another 18 hour day... But hey, if it gets labor going, than he won't have to go to work, right? Maybe.

I've had three "Oh wow, maybe this is it" moments in the last few days (cntx's 4 min apart for an hour+) and then they just putter out. I am anxious because it is snowy here, and we are betting on a fast labor, so the plan is to call the midwife (who lives in the woods an hour away) at the first sign of real labor, so that she can shovel her way out and get here in time. How the hell am I supposed to do that if my body keeps faking me out? Bah.

I've officially lost my pregnancy zen and am just jittery and waiting now. Anyone know of a couple great "pregnancy patience" affirmations?

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#86 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 PM

#87 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm here.

Got all the final shopping done today: new bucket seat, new stroller for it, extra changing pad for the second changing table downstairs and a shelf for over the changing table. And a friend gave us an in-bed cosleeper thingie, so *everything* on my 'need to buy before baby' list is taken care of.

Did our hospital tour this a.m., since I'm having this babe at a different hospital and one thing that made me smile was the 'room service menu' - I can order what I want, when I want it from 6 am to 8 pm every day. For free. It'll still be hospital food, but at least I have choices. And I can eat when I want, not when they schedule it. So woo-hoo for that!

Baby is still moving as best she can in the limited space she has left ... I spent a painful 15 minutes with a leg pressed out against my tummy - I was picturing her in there trying to force the uterine walls farther apart. I expect her to have very well-developed leg muscles when she arrives
#88 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 10:39 PM

Well, at my appt this a.m. the midwife said I was 2 stretched and very ripe, about 80% effaced. I let her sweep my membranes and I had alot of bloody show for a few hours. Now I am having somewhat regular contractions but nothing to brag about yet. I am hoping they will pick up during the night. If I have her tomorrow I will have a cool pattern with my singletons. I have a September, September 4th, December 2nd and December 4th! I think that would be neat! We will see. If anything happens I will let you all know.
#89 of 348 Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
And I tried to get internet at home yesterday, and after showing up an hour late and fidgeting with it for an hour, the service guy told me there were too many trees in the way and we'd have to pay another $100 for an extra antenna, bringing the total installation cost up to $250. So I need to take another look at the options--we're actually in a small town about ten miles out of Austin and we may as well be in the Sahara, for all the options we have.
I totally feel you, Jen! It has taken me so long to decide where to get internet from, especially since we don't have or want cable tv or a land line. The cable company and cell phone company both wanted $60/mo : and the regular phone company only wants $30/mo plus the one-time router cost (and we get to keep the router) and we don't have to pay for a land line. Until the router arrives, though, I'll be trying to keep up with you all on this crappy connection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
So until then I'll just have to...um....keep relying on pirate signals from my neighbor's house
Yeah, well, um, we've lived here since June and are just now getting our own internet connection. And I talk to you ladies on a daily basis. You connect the dots

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#90 of 348 Old 12-02-2007, 12:03 AM

Sunday morning here in Korea. Same, same for me. Hi everyone!

Oh yeah, and my hands & feet have started to swell. I suppose that's significant. Trying to maintain adequate water intake.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page