Poop cramps vs contractions - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had contractions for several hours last night that I couldnt sleep through. But they felt more like gas. PAINFUL UTERINE GAS.

I feel like crap today-is that a sign of labor? Nasuea, poop cramps, etc.

Incidentally, I dont feel like talking to anyone on MDC 'cept for you guys at this point.

So did you feel like crap before you went into labor before? I'm praying its not some kind of bug.
#2 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 01:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I haven't before but I have had similar cramps and stuff for the past few days.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#3 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 02:07 PM

I'm glad you asked that. I have poop cramps, and I get period like cramps. I think it's all just part of pre-labor hell!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#4 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 02:32 PM

Well, this is my first so I can't say whether that is a symptom of going into labor but I had really uncomfortable poop/gas cramps alternating with menstrual type cramps about two weeks ago, right after the baby dropped down. I was miserable for two days and then felt fine again.

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#5 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 02:58 PM

I had MAJOR diarhea and intestinal cramping for a full week before going into labor. I'm still not sure if it was labor or illness or both. In retrospect, I now think that some of the intestinal cramping/pushing was actually contractions. They were so bad that I would grunt or whimper with them. Finally, I had to run to the bathroom in the middle of the night to poop and there was blood. That was the start of full-on hard contractions every 5 minutes. Baby was born 8 hours later.
So... all the pain may help you through labor. Just be sure you're eating and drinking enough!
#6 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 03:30 PM - Thread Starter

I was feeling like waiting till the end of the month to birth this baby but if this kind of cramping continues-NO WAY! Its so painful!

Apparently there is a gastro bug going around.

I should pull ds out of school so he doesnt bring anything home. (And cause I miss him!!! )
#7 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseoffred View Post
I had really uncomfortable poop/gas cramps alternating with menstrual type cramps . . . right after the baby dropped down.
This is me right now. to all the poopy crampy mamas!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

#8 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseoffred View Post
I had really uncomfortable poop/gas cramps alternating with menstrual type cramps
yup thats me too!

Betsy, Mommy to DS (10) DD (4) DS (2) and DS (1)
#9 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 05:05 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I think sometimes those low, super painful cramps that you can't quite tell if they're intestinal or like period cramps or WHAT, are actually low contractions that are dilating your cervix.

I dunno if that's what you have, but it could be! And re intestinal cramps, I think they are made all the worse during late pregnancy because our intestines are all CRUSHED by our giant uteruses & so have a hard time functioning exactly like they're supposed to. That's my theory anyway.

And don't worry about feeling anti-social & only chatting with us- I mentioned in the NW mamas thread that you guys are pretty much all the reading I do these days & I had no idea the world was flooding around me! I am obsessed with my upcoming birth, and you guys.

North Idaho rural living treehugger.gif mama to: 22 yo DD, 15 yo DS, 8 yo DS, 6 yo DS, 4 yr old DS, 2 yo DD, and 1 yo DS. stillheart.gif And someone new coming this Christmas! stillheart.gif

#10 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 05:21 PM

I was constipated the entire pregnancy and when the poop cramps and diarhhea hit, I went into labor within 24 hours. YMMV.
#11 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 06:47 PM

I was awake last Thursday night for about 2 hours with really bad gas/stomach cramps that segued into contractions for a while. They subsided, finally, after about 7 hours. I am hoping that they are doing some of the work getting things ready, lol, but it's fine with me if they do NOT come back again!
#12 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 08:59 PM

Menstrual like cramps, diarrhoea like cramps, contractions... all in a day of a woman who is experiencing prodormal/early labor. IT SUCKS!!!
#13 of 13 Old 12-05-2007, 10:04 PM

Ugh. Me too. I've been constipated (not common at all for me) for the last few days, and I am so tired of my pooper problems.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page