PostPartum Check In - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a lot of engorgement for a few weeks with all of my children except this baby, and latch was ok. I have oversupply issues, and all babies grew well and ate a lot.

How is everyone's bleeding? I am still having bright red/pink bleeding with some larger clots-quarter to dollar coin sized. What in the world?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#62 of 69 Old 01-08-2008, 09:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
I had the latch issue with my first, and then again with this one.

A couple of tricks: Open her mouth gently with your thumb to show her what you want her to do. (You can try to insert your nipple while you are doing this.) Also: This actually works: Make "boobie mouth" yourself by opening your mouth wide and sticking out your tounge. Eventually she will learn to do "boobie mouth" on command when you ask her to. (It happens faster than you think-my newborn already mimics my facial expressions at 2 weeks old.)
I keep trying that w/Anna. She just looks at me like I'm crazy.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#63 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
I keep trying that w/Anna. She just looks at me like I'm crazy.
Yeah, I dont think my ds ever caught on to that one either.

This little one though, she will mimic any facial expression she can. Its really amazing.
#64 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittywitty View Post

How is everyone's bleeding? I am still having bright red/pink bleeding with some larger clots-quarter to dollar coin sized. What in the world?
I'm still having a bit of bleeding ... are you actually seeing the clots pas, or are you looking at the bottom of the toilet? My bleeding is (TMI alert) this long, stringy stuff that oozes out when I pee and then settles on the bottom of the toilet to look like a clot the size of a Mylicon bottle. Fun.
#65 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Vick, I have that and clots I see at the bottom of the toilet. And does anyone else's bleeding smell...sour?

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#66 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 03:42 PM

ugh, the browner the lochia, the more rank it smells, IMO.

i'm still bleeding at 4 wks pp, too - about a week ago it switched from brownish back to dark red and brighter red.

i want it to stop!!!
#67 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 04:11 PM

I'm 3 weeks pp tomorrow and lochia is almost non-existent. (I use a minipad at best) This is so different from my last birth...I wonder if it could be because I passed some HUGE clots before the placenta came out?

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09
#68 of 69 Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
Vick, are you going to the doctor or anything about that depression?
Yeah, tomorrow. I'm expecting to walk out with an rx, as things are not going very well for me these days.
#69 of 69 Old 01-10-2008, 01:05 AM

2w3d pp and my lochia is nearly gone too. Its at the brown stage and yes its stinky. BF is going great, I've got a huge supply like usual, and my guy is a chunk so its cream like its been with the other 2. DH doesn't go back to work until the end of January so far he's been great, we've been getting meals from my local MDC mommas which has been so wonderful. I'm down to 3lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight which is awesome cause I've never lost the other boys weight and I went back to water aerobics last night, an hour away from my guy just about killed me, but I need to get back in shape for my SIL wedding. And he slept the entire time so he didn't even miss me.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page