**Daily Check-In 1.3.08** - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 36 Old 01-03-2008, 08:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Gah, starry! I'm so sorry. What an irritating addition to your already frustrating situation.

I hope that whatever gentle induction techniques you try WORK! And SOON!

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 36 Old 01-03-2008, 09:04 PM

Good luck, all you mamas! I've got my pompoms out and my cheerleading skirt on and I'm doing high kicks for good deliveries.
Mrs. Lizzardbits, you get so much nookie. Have I ever mentioned that? I think it's great. When I'm all healed up I'm going to make it a goal to get as much nookie as your and your British husband.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#33 of 36 Old 01-03-2008, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MamaJen* View Post
Good luck, all you mamas! I've got my pompoms out and my cheerleading skirt on and I'm doing high kicks for good deliveries.
Mrs. Lizzardbits, you get so much nookie. Have I ever mentioned that? I think it's great. When I'm all healed up I'm going to make it a goal to get as much nookie as your and your British husband.

Jen, you crack me up!!! It hurts to laugh right now because I feel it ALLL in my cervix. I am a bit worried about how it is going to be post-partum, because Hubby and I are *ahem* highly sexual people. I am hoping for a quick lochia flow and no tears so I can heal as quickly as I did when I had my other two kids. Heck, *I* errrm "attacked" my eldest's father before my son was even 2 weeks old because I n.e.e.d.e.d a big ol' *O*!! Oy! I am so naughty!

...anyway, I am still having intense contractions about every 10 minutes, for about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes long. Some are closer together and some are further apart. There is no real set pattern HOWEVER (my thread of hope) these are strong enough that it is hard to talk at all during one, especially the peak of one, and my BH contrax were never like that.

It is midnight here, and Hubby and I are tired, so we are going to go to bed. I hope that these don't peter out, because I have noticed that they tend to be a bit more regular when I am standing or sitting straight up. Please please please let THIS be IT!!!!

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#34 of 36 Old 01-03-2008, 11:02 PM

ELVs to everyone!! I hope to see lots of baby announcements in the next few days!
#35 of 36 Old 01-03-2008, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Ok, so my midwives just called. When they were here on Monday, I did the GBS test because my water had broken and in case I ended up in the hospital I wanted a big fat NEGATIVE in my file. I was negative with both boys. Well, I'm positive. Which means nothing really, except that my water may or may not be broken right now and if it is, it has been for 5 days. I'm thinking about trying blue/black cohosh tonight. (@Q)U&$(*Q#&%*QW&#U%(*Q#U$!
Oh no! I hope contractions start for you soon!

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#36 of 36 Old 01-04-2008, 02:31 AM

I'm still here at 40 weeks, 5 days!! No signs of labor yet. I've been having my usual evening Braxton-hicks, but that's it. I am actually glad though that the baby is still cooking because it's giving my body is getting a chance to get over this cold I came down with a few days ago. I've been taking lots of vitamins and getting a lot of rest, which has helped a lot!!

Good luck and lots of ELVs to everyone!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page