those w toddlers.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how much time do you get to spend w/them lately? i feel like im neglecting mine b/c shes been w/her nana alot lately and when she is home it feels like im just scolding her for doing this and that..... i miss playing with her

#2 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 01:58 AM

me, too. We're adjusting, though, and are starting to get more of our playtimes back.
#3 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 03:44 AM

some days i miss one-on-one w/ my toddler. some days when i stop and talk to my newborn i realize we haven't had much face time.

i agree that things are stabilizing a bit. i am neglecting the house more than the kids i think. which i suppose is good. unfortunately i'm negleting my sleep too, in order to do things like stay up and check the DDC!
#4 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 04:07 PM

I think I feel my preschooler has been more neglected. That and the whole house (except me and baby) got the stomach flu right after she was born... so I was really weird about not touching or being too close to baby. I try to make up for it during the times when she's sleeping... that's all I can do... but It's definitely hard juggling time with three kids when one REALLY physically needs me so much.
#5 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 05:26 PM

I'm not spending anywhere near enough time with Isabel It breaks my heart because this was one of my fears about having another baby. I enrolled Isabel in half-day preschool M/W/F, and she spends all day Thursday with her grandparents, so she has a lot of interaction and activity, just not the major mommy time she's used to. I wish I could spend more time with her.
#6 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 05:49 PM

E is spending a TON of time with his daddy -- which is good, because that's what he's used to (DH is a SAHD) but I hate the feeling that we're splitting the kids into his and her's, and I hate thinking that Elliot is adjusting so well because he basically doesn't care that the babe is with mama as long as he has Daddy's full attention. I'd love to be able to take him out to the Children's museum or playland just him and me, but Rhys is nursing totally unpredictably and that's just not possible right now.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
#7 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 07:04 PM

It's been hard to get enough time with Stelli but I've been trying to make time. Dh loves cuddling the babe so I try to really focus on Stelli even if its getting her to help me with laundry or the like. She likes helping out so its kinda double duty, the house gets clean and the toddler gets attention.

I also found that including her in baby decisions like which diaper to wear or what outfit makes her really happy and excited.
#8 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 07:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
: Subbing from Jan 2008 DDC because I have a toddler and a newborn on the way...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#9 of 12 Old 01-12-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned

My daughter has become addicted to my husband and couldn't care less if I come or go. She is going to have a really hard time (and thus so am I) when he goes back to work Monday. Can't wait...........
#10 of 12 Old 01-13-2008, 11:21 PM

i feel like i'm ignoring my newborn - i'm so paranoid about making ds feel neglected, i've been making a conscious effort to include him in everything. plus, baby is in the sling or snoozing a lot of the time. at then end of the day, when ds has gone to bed, i often feel like it's the first i've paid any attention to her at all!
#11 of 12 Old 01-17-2008, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What kind of sling are you using for the newborn? My first didn't like the ring sling as a newborn but liked it later. I need to get another sling....like a mei tai...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#12 of 12 Old 01-18-2008, 12:38 AM

I feel so guillty becasue I am not spending as much time with ds as I did before the new baby was born. My ds is acting up and getting into everything so I am always telling him no. I miss spending all my time with him!! I don't know how to juggle both kids. I seem to be always feeding dd. I don't know how moms do it with 2+ lo.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page