fuzzi bunz bluez - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've had good luck with pfs and a motley assortment of 2nd hand covers, but I just shelled out for some used xs fuzzi bunz for overnight. Cyrus goes through a good 4-5 changes a night and I was hoping to cut down, y'know. But we've tried the FB for two nights now and every night by midnight he's leaking all over the place, through his nightgown and on the sheets. What gives? I thought I was snapping them really tight around the legs. I'm so confused.
Crap. I also just sprayed milk all over his face. Does this hydrant have an off setting?

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#2 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 02:33 PM

ick. i bought nearly a doz lg fbs for ds2 this fall, and i'm not feelin the love, either. they are okay for daytime IF he only pees and IF i change him frequently, but no way for overnight, and the mess that is made when he poops causes me to hyperventilate! right now, i have him in disp for nights, and i just pray that he'll take care of eliminatory issues first thing in the morning, before I change him!

dunno what to tell you, but I sure sympathize! i'm just glad i bought everything second-hand!

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#3 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 03:11 PM

dunno if this helps, but for night we use BG os pockets w/ the provided insert or HH os pockets w/ a babykicks hemp prefold, a cotton pf w/ a HH insert, or 2 HH inserts. i prefer HH to BG; the BGs leave red marks no matter how we fasten it and HH seems comfier. no leaks despite m being champion of pee.

if you don't wanna try new pockets, maybe get some hemp pfs and stuff in your best cover for night?

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#4 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
if you don't wanna try new pockets, maybe get some hemp pfs and stuff in your best cover for night?

that's what i was going to suggest! we actually are just using hemp pf's as (gasp) pf's on kieran right now.

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#5 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Any chance the fleece is repelling the urine? Sometimes fleece gets a build up and water runs off it instead of going thru it ...
#6 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 03:30 PM

I don't like fb for nighttime either. If its the only diaper I have besides the prefolds. I have extra fleece liners that I put in.
The best night time pocket I use is the BG. And to be honest I don't change at all during the night. But then Avye only wakes up once to eat at around 3. (she goes to bed at 11 and is up at 6)

I don't really have any advice for you though. Sorry.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#7 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm thinking of picking up a couple of pockets for overnight, because I can't bring myself to wake him up for a change/potty. he sleeps so well he barely even wakes when he needs to nurse, so I don't want to mess with it, but all night I am stressing wondering if he is wet or going to leak on my bed.
Sounds like BG are the way to go.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#8 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 05:05 PM

we use disposables at night for maximum absorption (both kids are supa-dupa soakers) after trials of all kinds of night time cd. we used to change diapers in the middle of the night when ds1 was an infant, but we've given that up with #2!

i would try a wool cover or longies. i've never used anything but pf's - but i would imagine a fitted or a pf with a insert & wool cover might do the trick. i just got some aristocrat wool covers and i'm LOVING them.
#9 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
dunno if this helps, but for night we use BG os pockets w/ the provided insert or HH os pockets w/ a babykicks hemp prefold, a cotton pf w/ a HH insert, or 2 HH inserts. i prefer HH to BG; the BGs leave red marks no matter how we fasten it and HH seems comfier. no leaks despite m being champion of pee.

The fact that I understood every acronym in this post probably means I have spent way too much time on MDC in the last nine months.
I have one BG I haven't tried yet, but I think I'll give it a whirl. I'll nurse all night long and be happy to do it, but changing five dipes a night is trying my patience. I might try the hemp pfs as well. Actually, I have a package of sposies a co-worker gave me, and I was thinking of trying those out just for overnight as well.
I think Cyrus is a supersoaker as well. He's going through, like, 15 PFs a day and they're sopping wet.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#10 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 08:31 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Not feeling the FB love, either. They always soak through for us.

Wool and a kissaluv with a folded microfiber insert seems to work from ~midnight-10am or so. THat's when we go to sleep.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#11 of 11 Old 01-17-2008, 11:27 PM

hbak

We use BG pockets. We have never had a leak-through as far as I know. You can extra-stuff them at night if you need to.

Our LO sleeps from 12 to 7, with a nursing and changing at 3AM.

Mama to E (12/07) and M (01/11). homebirth.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page