just a little vent about my mother - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-20-2008, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So my Mom was suppose to come in town when dd was born, then when she was born she said she will come when she is 3 wks. Ok fine. So she came Friday, I have hardley seen her. She spent the night on friday at my sisters, yesturday she came over late afternoon and spent the night so she could go to dd blessing. The only reason we did it today was for her, we would of waited a couple more weeks. After the blessing she left with my sister to go to her apartment again and to spend the night. ALso she is planning on going wedding dress shopping with my sister this week, so again will not be around to help me and to see her wonderful grandson and brand new baby granddaughterl!!! When my sister had her baby she spend 10 days helping her, and if I wanted to see her I had to go to my sisters. She never spent the night with us! So apparently she came in town to hang out with my sister her boyfriend and their baby and not to see her new grand daughter and her grand son(my kids). I am just feeling so hurt right now, She knows I am having trouble adapting to 2 children, and that my husband needs to sleep more. Also I had a blessing dress for my daughter that I was going to pass down to her and my Mom brought her dress she had a s a baby and put her in that instead! SO I had to us that one instead, because she made a big deal!! Thank you for letting me vent!!!

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-20-2008, 08:45 PM

I'm sorry about your Mom...I have no advice, but I can relate! My Mom pisses me off too...
I hope you feel better soon!
#3 of 4 Old 01-20-2008, 08:46 PM

I'm sorry!

I have mom issues too-my mom came for one day-and made life hell for us. She criticized everything we did, made fun of my milk supply problem, and rearranged everything into something that made no sense.

Mother-daughter relationships can be really hard!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#4 of 4 Old 01-20-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expectantmami View Post
Mother-daughter relationships can be really hard!
:

We're all busy , but I heartily recommend reading You're Wearing THAT?: Understanding Mothers and Daughters in Conversation, by Deborah Tannen. Tannen is a linguist. It was a transformational book for me. I can't change my mom, but I can change the way I talk with her.

coolshine.gif Mama to DS ('06), DD ('08), and DD (9.18.11).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page