I know this is very soon to be asking.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
but who is done having babies and who is gonna try for more (of course not any time soon) I am trying to talk DH into having one more but I think he is scared to death it will be another girl If guaranteed it will be a boy he would have another in a hearbeat. I don't know ,I just miss and love being pregnant Well... minus the last few months of pregnancy, for me anyway

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#2 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 12:29 PM

I thought I was done, and so did DH. As I really do hate being pregnant. But 5 min after Avye was born, dh looks at me and says "That was easy, lets do it again." And the crazy part was I said "ok".
So we aren't done, but we aren't going to have them so close together next time. In a perfect world I would like to wait 2 years and then get pregnant and then after having that one have another one really close afterwards. But I don't know if I can convince dh to go for a fourth so if thats the case I want the next one soon.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#3 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Banned

we arent done forever - but we are for awhile. pregnancy is really hard for me, as well as the first] month or so of breastfeeding. plus, i have a not quite 4 yo, a not quite 2yo and a newborn - so maybe in 5 years or so.....we'll see.....
#4 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Banned

I will never intentionally have kids this close together again (26 mos.) Maybe in another 3-4-5 years I could consider a pregnancy. Maybe. I'd love for my DD to have a sister but pregnancies and post-partum are very hard on me, and thus my family. The tricky part is that we're Catholic so we only use NFP... And I'm only 26, so odds are decent that within the next 15 years there will be a screw up, pun intended!
#5 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 01:32 PM

I am not sure if we are done

I feel very comfortable with 3, but I may be itchin in a few yrs.

I have some personal goals to accomplish first though. Like entering a fitness contest.
#6 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 02:44 PM

We will for sure be having more, I would say at least 2 more if possible. the next one will be a little more planned (this one was a shocker) but it will surely be shortly, my dh is older and the joke is that he is going to have to start freezing his sperm. Luckily I seem to be very fertile, so we should be set.
#7 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:27 PM

i'm 33+5 kids= im finished

i wouldve lovd more, cept my bod is wore out.
#8 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:40 PM

DH and I already agreed we'd like to start trying around the middle of 2010. Gives us plenty of time to save for the midwife and an even bigger car. Mom-mobile here we come! lol

Plus I hope I won't have to tandem nurse next time. As much as I love giving my babies the best, boy do I hate nursing while pregnant. Whatever happens, happens I guess. So we'll see!

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#9 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:43 PM

Arwyn is baby #5. i'm only 26, so i'm game for more
as far as timing, we will see. none of ours were planned. we just let it happen, i like it that way.
we've never used birth control since we've been married, not for any religious reason or anything, i wont take the pills because of big risk factors for me, and we just never saw a reason to. Each baby has come at just a perfect time.
we've never had a set number in mind. DH and i both agree that we will just *know* when we are done.
so many people are against us. most people we know have this "2.5 kids and be done" philosophy.
i love having a big family. maybe its because i was so lonely growing up as an only child. but i'm pretty happy

wife to my awesome DH, homeschooling, unassisted birthing, food growing, life loving mama to 5 crazy monkeys. :
#10 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM

DH says we are done. I feel done right now but I can't guarantee in 5 years that I won't want more. I originally wanted 6, so 2 seems like so little to me! But I can barely keep up with them now, and I really don't want to be pregnant again. Maybe adopting an older child? We'll see.
Dh wants to get snipped. I am really against that but don't want another "oops" baby either.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#11 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:54 PM

I don't feel done, 3 sounds like, feels like the right number for me but dh is happy w/ 2. We decided not to decide or really talk about it for a year or two. So theres always hope.
#12 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 03:58 PM

I definitely want another baby! I've always wanted three, but having such a great homebirht seals the deal. Then again if Zara is as mouthy as Paige is, maybe two will be enough. I feel like I'm in over my head with the five yr old most days. I really don't feel done yet though.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#13 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursingmama05 View Post
DH and I already agreed we'd like to start trying around the middle of 2010. Gives us plenty of time to save for the midwife
: I've already decided I want a March 2011 babe That will definitely be it, though. I've always only wanted one and DH has always wanted three, so two is our compromise.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#14 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebeej View Post
i'm 33+5 kids= im finished

i wouldve lovd more, cept my bod is wore out.
:

Except I'm 32 with 4 kids- but my body is totally worn out too! This pregnancy kicked my !! But if the opportunity ever arose, and finances were good- I would adopt again in a heartbeat! I looooove my adopted boy! The adoption of my son was not handled by an 'agency' though- he is my dear x-husbands son from a previous relationship- his biological Mom became a heroin addict when he was 1- and his Dad just wasn't cut out to care for him on his own- so he gladly turned him over to me- and happily left him with me when we divorced. (x-DH and I are still good friends!)
I don't think an agency would let us adopt- us being crazy punk hippie homeschooling rockstars and all. But I would if I could...
btw- x-DH is Dad to my 3 older kids. He plays keyboards with my Daughter and I in our band, and he gets along with James.
Ugh- sorry to spill my guts all over your thread!
#15 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 05:21 PM

I'll be 37 this April - I'm *done* with pregnancy and newborns
#16 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 05:59 PM

We thought we were done, but now we're not so sure. I DEFINITELY won't be having them this close ever again. This is rough. And tandem nursing is rough. Maybe in 4 or 5 years we'll have another one.
#17 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM

My husband and I agreed from the beginning on three children, but after this pregnancy and birth, I'm not sure we'll have more than two. The clotting issues during pregnancy are a big reason, but also because I had the most amazing VBAC and I don't know that another birth could compare. :

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09
#18 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
: I've already decided I want a March 2011 babe That will definitely be it, though. I've always only wanted one and DH has always wanted three, so two is our compromise.
HAHA! Maybe well share a DDC again! I was hoping April or May 2011 Ihave to have a baby when it warm out. No more of this winter stuff!

I'd like at LEAST 1 more, if it's twins that I won't have to talk DH into another one. lol

bf.jpg Sami brokenheart.gif, wife to jammin.gif, mama to reading.gif Tate 10/14/05, moon.gifKaleb 12/17/07, angel.gifcandleflicker2.gif Bram 3/13/10-11/17/12, mischievous.gif Alden 2/1/12, pos.gif October 2014
 homeschool.gifvbac.gifuc.jpg 

#19 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 06:55 PM

I've always said I wanted four, but I'm not sure. I keep going back and forth between having at least one more and being done. I don't feel done though. We'll be waiting until I finish school to TTC, so it would be around mid-2010.
#20 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 07:24 PM

I would do it again right now if I could! Seriously, I loved being pregnant, and I loved my birth! But, being single, time and money are tight. Plus, I'm a senior citizen at almost 38 compared to most of you ladies, and it took me just over a year of inseminations to get pregnant this time, so I think this one little miracle may be it for me. I'm definitely open to doing it again if my circumstances change though.

Lynn, single lesbian mama to All Mighty Iris 12/10/07
#21 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 09:09 PM

Aaron and I decided a few months ago that we want at least one more, and we've talked about it casually a few times since then. I told my mom that and she said, "That's great, but maybe you should consider getting married before you have another baby?"
The whole experience, from pregnancy to birth to post-partum, has been incredibly positive and really ridiculously easy on me. But I think being pregnant or having a newborn with a toddler underfoot would be biting off more than I care to chew. I'm 28 and Aaron's 31, so I figure we have a little bit of time and aren't in a huge rush. I'd like to start TTC when Cyrus is 3 or so, I guess in late 2010 or early 2011.
It took us one screw-up and a bottle of bourbon to get pregnant, so I think we're pretty fertile.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#22 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 09:45 PM

Uh... we'll have another whenever Aubrey is ready?

We're absolutely in for trying for another, but I think we're going to wait a few years... I need to get my feet under me career-wise, and DH needs to go back to school because I don't want to be the primary wage earner next time I'm pregnant.

It's funny, I had to talk DH into agreeing to 3 kids when we were talking about famikly size before we were married. Now he's the one who is feeling like he might not be done after three after all! We've agreed to reevaluate after the third baby is 1, but I think a lot will depend on how hard it is to TTC that babe, since i'll be 35-ish by that point. We shall see.
#23 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 10:02 PM

Serenity, I have hopes of adopting one day. A little guy would be nice. I miss having a lil boy!
#24 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 10:24 PM

DH and I just today were talking about this. Not anytime soon, but like 2010-11 if we can find another place this would hold possibly 4 boys I think we'd be game. We are 25 and 28 so we've got time to decide.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#25 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 10:33 PM

this shop is closed!

although i would love to have maybe one more, dh & i have decided that 2 is perfect for us. we live in an expensive city, and a third would mean a lot of changes that require lots of money (housing, car, education).

i'll be sad not to be pg again, but who could beat this DDC? any other would pale in comparison!
#26 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 10:49 PM

i'm not done! this is #1. we definitely want 2 and would consider a 3rd. we'd like our first two to be around 2.5 years apart.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#27 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 11:39 PM

I want as many as dh will agree to. he's agreed to at least 1 more, and he knows i want more than that. i'm working on convincing him.

oddly enough, my labor with this baby was A LOT more painful than with dd#1, (it was also a lot faster & more intense) but as soon as it was over i said to dh, "i could do that again!" he laughed in disbelief. i mean, just minutes before i'd been making some really loud noise from the pain!!!! it's something about being a mother & bonding with a baby that i just love.

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#28 of 44 Old 01-21-2008, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I really want a couple more children! We might adopt, because dh feels quite strongly about not contributing to over population (not something I necessarily agree with but I hope to have at least one more pregnancy and birth.

We will space them farther next time I hope, it's been rough for me and dd, having them so close.

(editing to say that the population thing is what I don't agree with, not adoption! Just in case it sounded like I was anti-adoption )

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#29 of 44 Old 01-22-2008, 01:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
To make a long story short, dh does not want more kids. Period. He's talking V.

I am from a huge family and want 10+ kids. I was a bit in pain and hormonal for awhile and thought maybe this would be the last one, but I know now I still want a big Amish family.

Unfortunately, dh does not and even though we agreed on more before we had kids together, I guess I'm getting the short end of the stick because what I want doesn't matter.

Sorry, I'm a bit emotional and angry right now and this has been upsetting me for weeks.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#30 of 44 Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 AM

I would love another child in 5-7 years. I like the idea of spacing my kids out so I can enjoy having kids at home longer. I am already dreading "empty nest syndrome."I had Dd at 20 so I would have only been 38 when she leaves the nest....that is too soon for that. lol. I want to be in my 50's before I have to deal with that..I would liketo haveonemorebabe sometime in my 30's when my friendswill hopefully starthaving kidsaswell.(my spacebar isdying)

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page