what pants are you wearing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave birth over 5 weeks ago, but I still have some pregnant pooch. My old pants don't fit at all, so I've still been wearing my maternity pants. I've tried on larger sizes of normal clothes, but they are all awkward because if they fit my waist, they are saggy in the rear. Overall normal pants just seem uncomfortable at this point. What is everyone else wearing at this point? When will I be able to go back to normal pants (not even necessarily my old size, just ones that are comfortable)?
#2 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:03 PM
Banned

thai fisherman pants - one size fits all
#3 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:16 PM

pre-pregnancy drawstring pants and sweats.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#4 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:17 PM

I'm **** in maternity pants. don't know where this pooch is gonna go, or when. and can someone reassure me about the stretch marks fading again?

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

#5 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabonder View Post
My old pants don't fit at all, so I've still been wearing my maternity pants.
Me too- thank God for Yoga pants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Ooooh! Where do you get them? Sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
pre-pregnancy drawstring pants and sweats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post
I'm **** in maternity pants. don't know where this pooch is gonna go, or when. and can someone reassure me about the stretch marks fading again?
Me too... Wish I could reassure you about the marks...I got mine 14 years ago and still proudly display them...They may be a little lighter, but mostly, I've just gotten used to them. I've learned, stretch marks can be sexy too!
#6 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 10:25 PM

Pre-pregnancy pj pants and drawstring pants. I haven't even attempted prepregnancy jeans.
#7 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_mama View Post
Oooh, I've been wanting to try those!

My maternity jeans were totally falling off of me, right off the bat. I tried a Bella Band to hold them up, but it kept rollilng up on me. So after being frustrated for a couple of weeks by that, I decided to go crazy and try on my pre-pregnancy jeans just to see how long it would be before I could wear them. Luckily, they actually fit. Now, these are *stretch* denim, and boy am I asking them to stretch! So, it ain't pretty, but it's actually more comfortable than the maternity jeans. If I ever get the chance, I want to get some larger size regular jeans, but I'm also worried about them fitting oddly. I just don't recognize this new body of mine.

Around the house, it's all yoga pants and pajama pants.

Lynn, single lesbian mama to All Mighty Iris 12/10/07
#8 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatmama View Post
Around the house, it's all yoga pants and pajama pants.
Same here - at home I spend all day either sitting Indian style on a chair nursing Olivia or walking for miles wearing her in the mei tai - you're darn Skippy I'm wearing stretchy comfy pants.

But when I go out, I'm in pre-pregnancy clothes ... have been for about two weeks. That's what nursing and depression will do for ya ...
#9 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellimamo View Post
I haven't even attempted prepregnancy jeans.
i did, and let me tell you, i wish i hadn't.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#10 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
i did, and let me tell you, i wish i hadn't.
Mine are still packed up in the maternity clothes box. The idea of putting on pants with a finite waist line is unpleasent to say the least.
#11 of 27 Old 01-23-2008, 11:35 PM
Banned

I wear a couple pairs of jeans that are a size or two larger than my normal size. I also wear a lot of stretch pants/sweats when I'm bumming around the house. For me, wearing maternity pants, particularly those with the panels, after the baby arrives would contribute to post partum depression!
#12 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 01:50 AM

you can get the fisherman pants here

www.tribalbeach.com

i'm wearing pjs and yoga pants. one pair of maternity pants aren't too weird yet.
#13 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 03:21 AM

ok.... due to the wretched hyperemesis, I lost tons of weight during the pregnancy and am now lighter than I was when I got pregnant ... BUT here's the kicker. I detest maternity jeans with a passion so I just wore my prepregnancy jeans while pregnant because hey, they were all low rise so they fit under the belly. Now, I still have a pooch and it still hangs over my jeans. hot, huh? so non maternity jeans now look worse on me than when I was actually pregnant. grrrrrrrrrrr. I heart me some yoga pants.

rainbow1284.gifQueer Mama to Lulu (01-09-02) and Liam (11-29-07)  We're an urban crunchy, Portland, OR dwelling,  selectivevax.gif,asl.gif,lactivist.gif,cd.gif,nocirc.gif,sewmachine.gif, trekkie.gifvbac.gif kind of family.
#14 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 08:51 AM

NAK. Pre-pregnancy jeans, but the bigger ones. I gave birth 7 wks ago & am still 10lbs over pre-oreg weight.

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#15 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 09:12 AM

pre-pregnancy jeans, but the bigger ones. My favorite pair of jeans still won't zip up.
#16 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGlimmeringHope View Post
pre-pregnancy jeans, but the bigger ones. My favorite pair of jeans still won't zip up.
:

Susan, Mommy to McKenna 9/05 & Maleah 12/07, &................ due in July
#17 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Banned

I got mine here They are so soft, great colors, I have the mushroom and the deep blue....Oh yea, and they have free shipping...
#18 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 04:11 PM

LO is 6 weeks now, and I just bought some non-prego jeans, but they're size 12 ! AND they're a little snug. I came home and ate a salad for dinner. I got so tired of my prego jeans - they looked awful on me and I felt sorry for DH having to be seen with me in public, though he had said nothing! Sweet DH!

Anyway, I have 30 lbs. to lose before I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Oh, and I have to wear baggy shirts to hide the roll that spills over my jeans. I bought some undies w/ a girdle attatched and made the mistake of leaving home before sitting in them. When I did, they rolled down to create a tight, painful belt that dug into tmy mid-section ALL DAY!

I put them away for WAY later. Oh, well. I'm so glad you are all here and struggling, too. It helps to share!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#19 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 07:25 PM

I wear sweats/yoga pants daily and still in my maternity jeans. I am down to my "smaller" maternity jeans but there is no way I'm trying on reg jeans for a while. Too squishy still.

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#20 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 09:13 PM

This thread inspired me and I just tried on my favorite pre-pregnancy jeans and they fit...sorta. They zipper and button but they're certainly not the most flattering thing in the ol' wardrobe. And keep in mind these are like super stretch jeans, I wore them until I was about 5 months pregnant.

I'm a little sad to pack up the maternity jeans because they're so damn cute and they fit so nicely in the butt...alas, they keep falling down and mooning people with my stretch marks every time I stand up is not cool.

Oh well, at least I'm home all day and yoga pants are always comfy.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

#21 of 27 Old 01-24-2008, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm wearing ugly old workout pants most of the time, or else my maternity jeans.

BC Mum of four ('05, '07, '11 and 06/14!)     
#22 of 27 Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 AM

I have a huge collection of pajama pants that I rotate through the wash. And thats about it.

When I dare leave the house, its 'real waist' maternity pants, that aren't very 'maternity' at all.
I remember feeling negative about the slow return of my pre-pregnancy shape the first time around... this time, I'm still in the 'damn my baby-birthin-body is awesome' stage - so hopefully that lasts until my clothes fit.
#23 of 27 Old 01-25-2008, 01:44 AM

Pants are over rated!

Really, the only places I go are yoga and knit club, so sweat pants it is. I tried on prepreg pants and they just depress me, and I'm sick sick sick of my pregnancy pants. It's too cold here to wear skirts unless i wear tall boots, but then i fall down on the ice. :Boooo.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#24 of 27 Old 01-25-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one still in maternity and yoga pants. I envy all of you that can wear regular pants (pre-pregnancy size or not)!
#25 of 27 Old 01-25-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
NAK. Pre-pregnancy jeans, but the bigger ones. I gave birth 7 wks ago & am still 10lbs over pre-oreg weight.
Me too! I have two sets of my favorite jeans, one a size larger than the other. I'm in the larger ones at the moment -- barely. I know I'm doing well as far as getting back into pre-baby shape, but I'm hard on myself because with Elliot I gained 10 pounds less and walked out of the birthing center under my pre-pregnancy weight, which totally DID NOT happen this time.
#26 of 27 Old 01-25-2008, 07:18 PM

pretty much all sweats, pajamas and yoga pants.

Emily Wife to Luke and Mama to: Violet 9-20-05 Fletcher 12-20-07 : and Owen 7-03-09
#27 of 27 Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsbass View Post
LO is 6 weeks now, and I just bought some non-prego jeans, but they're size 12 ! AND they're a little snug. I came home and ate a salad for dinner. I got so tired of my prego jeans - they looked awful on me and I felt sorry for DH having to be seen with me in public, though he had said nothing! Sweet DH!

Anyway, I have 30 lbs. to lose before I fit into my pre-pregnancy jeans. Oh, and I have to wear baggy shirts to hide the roll that spills over my jeans. I bought some undies w/ a girdle attatched and made the mistake of leaving home before sitting in them. When I did, they rolled down to create a tight, painful belt that dug into tmy mid-section ALL DAY!

I put them away for WAY later. Oh, well. I'm so glad you are all here and struggling, too. It helps to share!

Right there with ya! I could have written this whole post, word for word.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page