Sleep when baby sleeps? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 03:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do I do that when she almost always wakes up within 5 minutes of me putting her down? :yawning:
(In this case, "Putting her down" means we've moved from the chair to the bed or recliner and I've had to shift her position in my arms or put her down on the bed next to me.)

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#2 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 03:35 AM

Oh yeh. Same here...

Sophie, wife to DH, AP mama to DD1 (12/07) and DD2 (04/10)
#3 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 03:44 AM

You snuggle up and sleep with her.

With dd, she'd take a 5 minute nap without me, or 50 to 60 minutes if she was in contact with me.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#4 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 03:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momtwice View Post
You snuggle up and sleep with her.

With dd, she'd take a 5 minute nap without me, or 50 to 60 minutes if she was in contact with me.
That's how we sleep. The problem is, she usually ends up falling asleep while being worn, or in my arms while nursing. When I try to move us into a position that's more sleep friendly for me, she wakes up and wants to nurse again (or play or whatever).

Me, my Sweetie , DD 1 (Dec 07),  and DD 2 (Dec 09). Co-sleeping, delayed-vaxing, quia Lutherans!
#5 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyFox05 View Post
That's how we sleep. The problem is, she usually ends up falling asleep while being worn, or in my arms while nursing. When I try to move us into a position that's more sleep friendly for me, she wakes up and wants to nurse again (or play or whatever).
So is she incredibly sensitive to you moving your position, then?

One thing that worked for me was nursing lying down with my arm next to her, not under her, so I could slip away without jostling her. But I can still relate to having a baby who is so sensitive to any little movement.

Take the time to heal from your marriage before you move on with someone else. Make a list of all the qualities you would like in a new partner and then work on growing that way yourself. ~mandib50
#6 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 AM

omg same. and i cannot nurse lying on my side. sometimes on my back, but if i fall asleep like that she rolls off.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#7 of 9 Old 01-26-2008, 10:43 AM

I try to always nurse somewhere I'll be comfy for a couple hours - for me that means the recliner or side-lying in bed. As for falling asleep when she's being worn, I found out yesterday that Olivia will sleep on my back if I lay on my tummy after she's fallen asleep in the 'Hawk back carry. That's how I did ODD's nap
#8 of 9 Old 01-29-2008, 11:52 AM

If my dh tells me to sleep when the baby sleeps one more time I'm going to kill him. She'll only sleep longer than 20 min in the daytime if she's on top of me. And I can't fall asleep like that.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

#9 of 9 Old 01-29-2008, 06:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page