YAY - It's Finally Here!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-26-2008, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Since I went on and on and on about this a while back, I thought I'd give a quick update. I ordered our Happy Hangup Hammock on ds's due date (12/12) and it finally arrived (albeit to the wrong address) this Wednesday (1/23). I wouldn't recommend the company to anyone given that it took five weeks for her to send us the thing and she sent it to the wrong place, but the product itself is beautiful. Here's a picture of Calvin trying it out yesterday. We haven't been home much in the past couple of days, so we haven't used it that much, but he seems to like it all right so far.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2008, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LOL. I just want you to know that I had a dream last week that I was at your house (which looked a lot like my IL's house) asking you about your Happy Hangup and how Calvin liked it, and then I asked you about your adult-sized one and if you and Sean liked it - and you wouldn't let me try it out! Anyway I meant to tell you about it and forgot until just now.

Anyway, it looks a lot like something we use in south Indian culture, called a 'thottil' - it's made out of the traditional cloth that either men or women wrap around themselves as clothing. I used to sleep in one! Here's a pic I found on Google. Maybe I should ask my mom to make us one. Calvin looks so cozy in there!

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
Old 01-26-2008, 03:21 PM

oh he looks so cute! The hammock is beautiful!
Old 01-26-2008, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
LOL. I just want you to know that I had a dream last week that I was at your house (which looked a lot like my IL's house) asking you about your Happy Hangup and how Calvin liked it, and then I asked you about your adult-sized one and if you and Sean liked it - and you wouldn't let me try it out! Anyway I meant to tell you about it and forgot until just now.
The reason we have the stand is because I was afraid of going to the apt complex office and asking them how/where we could hang a swing that could bear the weight of an adult (which is what the instructions say it needs to be able to bear to be safe). I was terrified they would think we were installing a swing for adult purposes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MmeMuffin View Post
Anyway, it looks a lot like something we use in south Indian culture, called a 'thottil' - it's made out of the traditional cloth that either men or women wrap around themselves as clothing. I used to sleep in one! Here's a pic I found on Google. Maybe I should ask my mom to make us one. Calvin looks so cozy in there!
Cool! You should totally get one made for you. Ours is awesome, but probably not $500 and 5 weeks worth of waiting awesome.

stellimamo- Thanks!

Old 01-26-2008, 06:14 PM

That looks great! I've yet to try out our Amby because I lost the #*(&$%(* mattress to it. @@
Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM

I think I have to get one of these!! I was looking at them while I was pregnant, and they are soooo beautiful.

Is the fabric as nice as it looks?

If anyone else is thinking about getting one, you can get them on eBay for a little cheaper than they sell them on the website.

Also there are a lot of really nice baby hammocks on the market...if you google "Baby Hammock" or "Sprung Baby Hammock" you will find some. Nove Naturals sells the La Siesta Baby HAmmock for around $100 and it goes up to 18 months.

But I just LOVE the way the Happy Hangup looks, and I think I (er...Silas) MUST have it!! We are going to mount it from the ceiling, though, so that we don't have to buy the stand.

Thanks for updating Sihaya...I like the chairs in the background of your pic too. I think you and I have similar taste
Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfam View Post
Is the fabric as nice as it looks?
It really is! That was what made me choose it over all of the others I looked at, even though it was by far most expensive.

Quote:
If anyone else is thinking about getting one, you can get them on eBay for a little cheaper than they sell them on the website.
I didn't find this to be true in my case because I could only find the hammock alone on eBay and I wanted the cushion and stand as well. Even if you are hanging it from the ceiling, you'll have to get a cushion somewhere and I preferred to get it from the people who made the hammock - that way it is sure to fit/work and it matches too

Quote:
Thanks for updating Sihaya...I like the chairs in the background of your pic too. I think you and I have similar taste
Thanks! Those are from Ikea and were significantly cheaper than the hammock

Old 01-27-2008, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sihaya View Post
Even if you are hanging it from the ceiling, you'll have to get a cushion somewhere and I preferred to get it from the people who made the hammock - that way it is sure to fit/work and it matches too
i got one, too. it's so gorgeous! saved about $20 getting it on ebay, and then just emailed the company and had them add a cushion to the order. mine took forever to come also, arrived in ~3 weeks. 5 weeks is ridiculous, though. nicky likes it well enough, but i think she (and i) would be more stoked if it stayed in motion. i think it will work out better when she is strong enough to bounce herself. in the meantime, back to mama's arms.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

Old 01-27-2008, 09:43 PM

That looks sooo comfy!! I'm glad it finally arrived

User Tag List