Anyone with a cling-on? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Viano has seriously been OK out of my arms FOUR times since birth. Four. I have to take her into the bathroom with me or else she gets really upset. She hates DH, hates the boys. I secretly love that she loves only me, but sometimes I wish I could eat with both hands, ya know?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 03:05 PM

That's pretty normal. I really suggest a sling, they're lifesavers.
#3 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Oh, I know its normal - just funny. She is in the wrap right now, notice the capital letters. My boys were both pretty mommy-obsessed as newborns, but never like this. Not that I blame her, I smell much better than her daddy.
#4 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 06:51 PM

same here! and my ring sling and fleece pouch work great...outside the house and in perpetual motion. any suggestions for an indoor hands-free baby device?

and i was going to ask how you managed the caps in your post!

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#5 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbabymama View Post
same here! and my ring sling and fleece pouch work great...outside the house and in perpetual motion. any suggestions for an indoor hands-free baby device?
Baby Hawk and a back carry, m'dear. How do y'all think I get *anything* done?? I just made from-scratch pumpkin bread and banana nut muffins, and did all the clean up, with Olivia on my back.

I think I should have a black belt in babywearing by now - I can even "use the restroom" (said in a manly way) with her on my back. I cannot put her down and have her sleep unless it's nighttime and we're sleeping side-by-side.
#6 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM

i'm too scared to try the back carry with Calvin, but it must be much easier to get things done! My dd only wanted me as well, but Calvin will go to dh sometimes, but he wants to always sleep in the fleece pouch and be held!
#7 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have a cling-on here. On a rare occasion, she will be ok in the swing or with dh, but it's rare. I have to rush-post.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#8 of 12 Old 01-27-2008, 11:14 PM

i've decided that kieran thinks he is still attached to me via umbilical cord. and i really don't mind

Mama to DS (12/11/07) and partner to DH (08/08). Expecting #2 late November 2011!
#9 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 02:48 AM

yes. baby seems helplessly, devoted to ME!!

The sling is our best friend and almost as necessary as breastmilk right now. I love having him with me all. the. time.

I do wish he could relax with dh once in a while though.

I sort of feel like I'm still pregnant but the baby's on the outside!

Christy-SAHM to my elf princess(4/06) and my little man (12/07). Married to the love of my life and expecting our pumpkin baby boy 10/09! :
#10 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 02:57 AM

Ian's like that, too. My DH wants to wear him in the Ergo with the infant thing in it & he screams and screams, but he's pretty dang happy in my pouch. He's pretty much in my Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch 15 hours a day. When my DH comes home, Phoebe says to me, "Maybe Daddy can hold the baby . . . " and it makes me sad for them.

I don't remember my girls being all about mama this young. Now they certainly are, but not as tiny newborns.

For me, constant babywearing is also just a necessity. I literally don't trust one of my girls for 2 seconds with him and they're all over him if I ever try to put him down. She came up and pushed him nose down hard the other day while I was right there changing his diaper.

I love wearing him, but my shoulder is starting to hurt.

SAHM to F & P, : fraternal twins born 3/05, : I, born 12/07 & at 5 weeks in July 2009
#11 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 11:59 AM

Simon will go to others occasionally thank goodness, because lately he will not go in any baby carrier for more than 3 minutes, he just wants to be held by me - needless to say you do not want to see what my house or dinners look like lately (I have mastered one handed PB&J sandwiches).
#12 of 12 Old 01-28-2008, 01:28 PM

Ash is a pretty indiscriminate cling-on, he wants to be held by a warm body, he doesn't really care who's connected to it.

Right now he's asleep in bed, without me, and has been for half an hour, I think this is the longest he hasn't been in someone's arms since he was born. I'm alternating between gleefully racing around the house getting things done and then running into the bedroom in a panic that he's not breathing.

Alison: BFing, BWing, ERFing mama to KidA (12/25/07) and KidO (6/26/10) nocirc.giffamilybed2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page