TMI peeing with LO in a sling - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-28-2008, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
OK-so I finally got DS to like the sling. He takes as long as a 3 hour nap in there and it's great! I can get alot done-and he's much less fussy and falls asleep easier. However-how do you pee in the thing? I went to the bathroom with him in it-and I accidently smooshed him when I wiped! Poor baby I could tell it hurt!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#2 of 8 Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 PM

I have no problems peeing with Olivia in the mei tai - and when I'm out, I pee with her in her pouch.

Doing the other bathroom business is considerably more difficult
#3 of 8 Old 01-29-2008, 02:10 AM

I haven't yet had Alex in a sling whilst peeing, but I have gone pee with him in the wrap. It took a bit of manovering to grab my underwear and pants to pull them up, but quickly learned how to lean backwards-ish to do it so i don't squish him.

I got some strange looks recently when I went to a public restroom with him in the wrap, but whether it was just simply me wearing him, or taking him in with me, I am not sure.

I cannot bring myself to wear him when I poop though. That is a roadblock that I am happy to keep up. I have just learned to have quick poops--leisurely library time is a thing of the past, because even if Alex is sound asleep when I put him in the Moses basket, he is guaranteed to wake up within 2-3 minutes and be at a full howling scream by 5 minutes.

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#4 of 8 Old 01-29-2008, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I have peed and pooped with Calvin in the pouch and peed with him in the moby. I've used the restroom while wearing him at home, at other people's houses, and in public restrooms. To wipe, I put my knees wide and lean over so he's hanging between my knees in front of the toilet. I've also breastfed him while using the toilet, although not while wearing him since I just haven't gotten the hang of bfing while babywearing yet.

Mama to DS1 (12/07), DS2 (4/11), and DD (6/22/14)
Finally diagnosed with APS after 3 s (11/09, 3/10, 7/13)
#5 of 8 Old 01-29-2008, 02:04 PM

THIS is why it is soooooo nice to have older kids!

Don't get me wrong, I HAVE, out of necessity, done all of the above, but it is so nice that this time, I don't really have to do it! Even in public restrooms--either we are out with dh and we take turns using the restroom, or I'm out with all the kids and ds1 (almost six) can hold the baby long enough for me to take care of business!

Ah.....this is such a nice reminder to me that there are HUGE payoffs to having several kids! Up until now, they've been so young that they weren't really that much help, but I see that starting to change, and it's like the proverbial light at the end of the tunnel!

If it helps any, when in the past i've had to pee with a baby in the sling, I've just hoisted the baby up extra high, on my shoulder, to wipe. And with a bigger baby--say from 4 months on--I'll scoot them around to my back (or if they are sleeping, at least partially on my back, sorta under my arm) and then just sit forward on the toilet to do my business. Moving them further back makes it easier to fasten my pants, too.

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#6 of 8 Old 01-29-2008, 05:15 PM

It can be easy to go #1&2 w/ babe in a RS, just tuck tail up and stand up to wipe!!!!!!!!

Heather, ds Dante (12.28.07) and due in April.
#7 of 8 Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mission accomplished! Peed with babe in sling! He is soooooooo fussy today-so I'm glad that this didn't bother his royal pickiness!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#8 of 8 Old 01-31-2008, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
THIS is why it is soooooo nice to have older kids!
Ditto! I pee with him in the sling all the time, but I dread the day my older kids and James are gone and I have to poo while holding him! Eeeeep!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page