x-post DS hates cloth diapers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 03:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So-after almost 6 weeks we broke in the stash of CD's-and I think Reyes hates them! I put one on him this morning and an hour later he was awake crying (normally he'll sleep about 3 hours, especially in the sling). So I tried feeding him-he wasn't very hungry-so I changed his diaper. He was still crying-so I rocked him thinking-he's overtired-still crying. I noticed that he was really hot-so I took his sleeper off and let him be in just his onesie. I was hot too, as our heater is acting crazy. Still nothing-I decided to change his diaper again, the minute I took the diaper off-Reyes started cooing hapily. I put a 'sposie on him-as he was fine after that.

I really want to CD-how can I make my son feel the CD love?

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#2 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 03:25 PM

Are you using a stay dry liner like fleece? I notice pocket dipes with fleece seem to keep them feeling drier. Too bad I'm starting to hate fleece because I think it might be a stink holder.
#3 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
WHat dipes are you using? Are they too tight? I've noticed my LO likes prefolds more because they are looser than fitteds and she's had hives, so pressure irritates them.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Actually never mind. Reyes is just being a fussy poopy head today. Everything bothers him and I can't get him to sleep for more than 15 minutes. I'm trying again another day when he isn't being so fussy. I think his stomach hurts. Anyway it's payback yesterday he slept all day.

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#5 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 07:22 PM

hope he gives you a better day tomorrow!

But still, i would ditto bj--there's a good chance that since he can feel the wetness of a cloth diaper (whereas disp stay feeling freakishly dry, even when you fill 'em with a gallon or two, lol!), he may really be signalling his discomfort due to the dipes. Bethany is very sensitive to being wet, and I'm hoping that means that EC (when we begin trying it) will be that much more successful.

I'd suggest changing him out of the wet cloth as soon as possible after he pees, even if it's just one pee and the dipe can hold more. And for times when you just can't change him immediately, like traveling in the car or overnight/long naps, use a fleece stay-dry doubler to buy you more time and him more comfort!

But just remember that the more sensitive he is to feeling wet (and the less he likes it) now, the easier potty learning will be later on! Always a silver lining, you know....

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
#6 of 6 Old 01-30-2008, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
But still, i would ditto bj--there's a good chance that since he can feel the wetness of a cloth diaper (whereas disp stay feeling freakishly dry, even when you fill 'em with a gallon or two, lol!)
Isn't that amazing? It can't be a good thing, can it? I'm loving my Pampers at the moment. :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page