Just missing you all- a lot. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to pop in and say hello. I have been so busy this month house hunting, trying to figure out WTH my mother did with our business records, because I need to do the corporation taxes, file bankruptcy and provide all my employees with tax forms (whew- up 'til 4am but it's done). NEVER HIRE FAMILY. This has ruined our relationship, she makes me sick now. I can't even stand hearing her voice, I jsut want to scream at her. WHY DIDN"T YOU OPEN THE F^$%*ING MAIL? I found several orders to garnish paychecks that were never garnished. YES, it's a pain in the arsh but you HAVE to do it. I also found several checks that people wrote us that bounced and the bank sent them back to us, she never opened the mail but she must have known they bounced because it tells you in the online banking. She was SUPPOSED to call them, give them 7 days to make good on it and then send it to the collection agency. She never even opened the mail. I also found an $800 cell phone rebate check, a $90 check for overpaying the insurance, five $50-$100 visa rebate cards, and a $200 check from a Purchase Order.

So now my mortgage is paid.

And she has the nerve to ask me if we're going to send her any money for the kitchen floor tiles ($750 on her home depot card) they never paid rent. she paid all my employees late if at all (some are still not paid) but her paycheck was never ever ever late. She even paid herself for the week she took off to see my sister's baby be born. She even paid herself for almost 2 weeks of illness. My family had an income less than hers that year and we have all these kids and she never helped with the bills.

I hate her. She wasn't like this when I was a little kid, she was a great mom. now I am freaking out because I don't want to be like her when I grow up. I know I will work through this mentally but right now I want to chop off my hair (hers is long) and I want to do everything the opposite of her.

Did I mention she broke her ankle the day before she moved away from here? She says that many yrs before the white man moved to this valley, a tribe of Indians would travel through here and a little girl died. Apparently her soul rests at the bottom of my stairs and she must hate my mother as much as I do because she grabbed her ankle and made her fall.

It gets worse.

The Indian girl's mother knows her daughter never crossed over and she got "stuck" here, too because when she died in childbirth she was trying to find her daughter's soul to bring her to the light together, so she could enjoy the afterlife with her daughter but instead they are both trapped here. On my stairs. The mother apparently protected me in childbirth. I didn't feel very F*&^$ing protected, and the baby was born in the bathroom, not on the stairs.

It gets worse.

She told my sister that her son Astral projects himself to her house at night (1200 miles away) and they play together. If she doesn't see him for a while, she projects herself to him and they'll play in the crib.

It gets worse.

She wants to file a claim on my homeowner's Insurance for her ankle.

4 hrs of sleep is making me a whiner, sorry. i just miss you ladies.
#2 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 03:27 PM

I miss you too Lisa. Your mother is making me course I don't wanna be dissing someones mom but she sounds like a complete PITA!

#3 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 03:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

I'm so sorry you have to go through this right now, Lisa. Did your mom fall off her rocker a bit? I miss seeing you around here.

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#4 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 03:58 PM

uhg what a mess is an understatement. I'm so sorry your mom is being a huge PITA. Hang in there at least she's out, right?
#5 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM

Goodness, mother-relationships really are the most complicated, aren't they? I've been reading Hope Edelman's books "Motherless Daughters" and "Motherless Mothers" since my mom died when i was a teenager, but there is a lot in them about mother estrangement and how our relationship with our mothers really does affect how we mother our own children (sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse). It's interesting psychologically how much we identify our own image with our mother's, and when our perception of them has to shift so dramatically, it can really change how we look at ourselves also. So basically, you are not crazy for being so traumatized by this ordeal.

And we miss you too.

Ivory, partner to Tom, mama to Ella (12/9/05), Alice (12/8/07), and our newest addition, Rebecca (4/1/10).
#6 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
Banned

I miss you too - I actually had a dream about you and your little girls last week. I'm so sorry about your mom, that has to be so hard, emotionally, for you, since she's your MOM.
#7 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 06:07 PM

I am missing you too. I am so sorry you are dealing with all this. Dealing with family can be really awful!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
#8 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 06:42 PM

ugh, what crap to deal with. i'm sorry! we miss you too. and, i had a dream about you too, only you were partly mrs. hannigan.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#9 of 15 Old 01-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Lisa, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. Your mom sounds like more than a handful.
#10 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 12:36 AM

I definetly am missing you too. That sucks about your mother. All I can say is "how rude!"

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#11 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 01:18 AM

I'm sorry to laugh, Lisa, I really am, but it sounds like my mother projected herself into your mother at some point.

Oh man, that whole "native american child trapped under stairs, harboring an ill will to ankles" is SO something my mother would say/dream up.

I have to give you s, because my mother was a semi-decent mother while growing up as well, and now is a Complete loon.
I too, am terrified I will turn into her. In fact, I swore to never have children, because I was convinced that when women hit middle age, their wacky post-childbirth hormones made them nuts. But, I now know this is only partly true.

An *angel* told my mother it was definitely a girl, and she was, without a doubt, going to be born early. I had a boy, who was 2wks 5days passed my 'due date'.
My mother is also the queen of avoiding responsibilities and obligations. So BIG there.

I am so sorry to hear about your financial troubles, they can be so hard and so stressful. It lingers on everything. I am sending you all the zen vibes I can.
#12 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 01:38 AM

Miss you too! I always check your blog...
Sorry 'bout your Mom, Hon...Sounds like she needs to get a grip on reality!
Hey- I like your new ddddc, though!
#13 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 02:22 AM

hugs. i miss everyone too. i just don't get to respond to anything anymore.
#14 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

thank you all so much for your well-wishing. i am sorry to everyone who said their mom was crazy too. you can have dreams about me as long as they're not prophetic, indian ghost dreams.

in her defense, she was quite doped up on vicodin for broken ankle pain. but still crazy.
#15 of 15 Old 01-31-2008, 11:11 PM

i feel for you, lisa. i also have a delusional mother figure, so i can relate to some of this.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page