Venting-super fussy baby today! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-30-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS has been up since 9:30am today. All night he kept waking up too-however since he's right next to me he wakes up cries a bit-I comfort him/feed him and he falls back asleep.

However today he is so fussy! The only way I can get him to sleep is to put him in the sling and play music. I've tried getting up and doing stuff and he wakes up. What's worse is that everything irritates him. The dog barks and he wakes up and cries. The sun hits his eyes and he gets irritated. The music I am playing stops for 5 seconds and he starts crying.

I keep trying everything. I feed him, we nurse (I still have hardly any BM-it's just for comfort), I change his diaper. I take off his clothes thinking maybe he is too hot, I put his clothes back on because maybe he is too cold. I took his temperature thinking maybe he is sick-he isn't. I want to do something besides sit here rocking back and forth. At least I am in front of the computer so I can 'net surf. However if I even move the fabric on the sling his royal fussiness starts crying!

We are having company tonight and I'd like to at least dust so that they don't think we live in cat hair heaven-O'well, I guess they will see us for the slobs that we are!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 01-30-2008, 07:41 PM

oh man, what a day! i don't have any advice to offer, but i hope he feels better soon.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#3 of 9 Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM

We had a fussy time last week, maybe it's a growth spurt? My DD is 4 days older than your DS so that would be about the same time.

Mama to (DS 7) and (DD 5), wife to DH

#4 of 9 Old 01-30-2008, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks you guys! I was able to go downstairs for awhile-as long as music was playing and he was in the sling we were fine. But then my shoulder started to hurt so I took him out of the sling thinking he was finally asleep-nope. However he was content to hang out on the bed staring at lights. Then DP came home and gave him a bath-I think he'll sleep really well tonight because of it.

I do think he's about to have a growth spurt-yesterday he slept all day except for waking up to eat and have his diaper changed. There is something going on. I hope he isn't sick.

#5 of 9 Old 01-31-2008, 01:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

AP Mom to 5 knit.gifhomeschool.giftoddler.gif

#6 of 9 Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 AM

Awwww...Hon! I hope you have a really restful night tonight!
Lately Toren has been acting like a super-high-needs-extra-demanding-clingy-fuss-budget with a side of crankiness! So I can relate.
(He's still cute as heck, though! And I love him to bits. )
But whoooo!
I am so tired.....
Maybe they'll get over it soon? :
#7 of 9 Old 01-31-2008, 04:54 AM - Thread Starter

He got a bath and good swaddle and finally he ate more than 2 ounces of formula without starting to cry-and he slept for 5 and a half hours! He was exhausted, poor thing. I googled his symptoms and I thing he has reflux, so I think we need to feed him upright. I also think I need to keep him propped up after eating.

#8 of 9 Old 01-31-2008, 01:08 PM

I feel your pain! Last night was miserable and full of crying-me and the baby! J/K, I was trying to show him calmness and even explained how slowing his breathing would make him feel better! Finally close to 2 he dozed off and I got some much needed rest,and he didnt wake till after 6 thankfully!

The best part about a fussy baby? I may feel like a total wreck today and remember ever minute of last nights ordeal, but when I picked him up this morning he was all better and looking for mommy to feed him. How easily my frustration drifted away when I saw his sweet face and realized how much he needs me.
#9 of 9 Old 01-31-2008, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matey View Post
The best part about a fussy baby? I may feel like a total wreck today and remember ever minute of last nights ordeal, but when I picked him up this morning he was all better and looking for mommy to feed him. How easily my frustration drifted away when I saw his sweet face and realized how much he needs me.
Yup! I spent 2 hours getting Reyes to sleep this afternoon-however when he finally fell asleep he just rested his head on my chest and relaxed. It's so nice to have him close to me.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page