Is There No End To The TMI?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-31-2008, 03:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HOW in heck is it possible that I gone through pregnancy and natural childbirth 4 fuh-reakin' times and NEVER had a single visit from the hemorrhoid fairy--never ever, not even one single time--and yet NOW, at 6 wks pp, with no other ailments in sight, and no explanation for WHY THE HECK IT'S HAPPENING??????? I've been plagued by them???

Argh!!! SO sore, so itchy, bleeding, yeowch! And the weird thing is, I can neither see nor feel anything "down there" so they must be inside (is that even possible?? I have no clue!) but I can't think what else it could possibly be.

What can I do?? Other than witch hazel in the peri bottle--I've gone through nearly a full bottle in the last week! and it feels better temporarily, but apparently isn't actually fixing the problem. My diet is full of good fiber and adequate good fats, could use more water intake, but I'm not dehydrated based on the color of my pee.

Any suggestions? Commiseration?

Sarah, Queen of Hearts, raising a Full House with Michael, King of my Heart!
DS (2/02), DD (3/04), DS (1/06), DD (12/07), and DS (3/10)
~~*~~Not your typical Pastor's Wife!~~*~~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2008, 04:02 AM

Yeah, I feel ya sister. Mine went away after I went and bought every single hemmy thing from Wal-mart. LOL
Old 01-31-2008, 04:46 AM

Ooooohhh....Hon, I am so sorry! Sounds like you're doing everything right, so I'll just commiserate!
After my second, I ended up with such trauma to my bum hem wise, I eventually had to have surgery! (I can't believe I just admitted that...) I was so paranoid of ending up in the same situation this time, that during the birth, I was more worried about my tush than my perinium- (though both fared well) when the midwife was oiling my perinium during crowning- I was all- "don't forget my butt! protect my butt!"
You should have seen the look on her face! :
Old 01-31-2008, 04:55 AM

Don't have a solution-it just sounds like you are hurting!

Karen, mother to a wonderful active three year old.
Old 01-31-2008, 05:09 AM

Hems can definitely be internal.

lots of hugs and butt healin' vibes your way.
Old 01-31-2008, 08:57 AM

here's what i've learned:
fiber is your friend
take rutin (bioflavinoid) with a vitamin c chaser
hammamelis pellets also help
you can use creams/ointments inside your bum
use moist flushable wipes instead of TP
try not to spend too much time on the toiler

HTH, i feel your pain (literally, although not right now)!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:18 AM

So sorry mama. Every pregnacy is truly different

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
Old 01-31-2008, 02:19 PM

I'm so sorry! Yes, they can definitely be internal. I had some really bad ones right after my birth and didn't know what that terrible pain was DEEP inside. It was excruciating to have a BM, which was hard anyway, being the first time since a c-section, and also to pass gas My midwife told me it was hems and said to use the ointment from Walmart with a *plunger*, which I couldn't find. I wasn't about to ask some young employer to help me find one, either! :

I tried the suppositories, but : it leaked on one of my antique chairs shortly after inserting it, and continued to leak all night long. So, I didn't do that again!

Anyway, the hems disappeared shortly thereafter. I wish I could suggest something, but there are some good ideas posted before my commiseration! Good luck!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
Old 01-31-2008, 04:50 PM

It could be a fissure. That's what I have. Bleeding painful awful fissure. I hate going to the bathroom. I finally went to the dr as I thought it wasan internal hemmoroid too. But it's a fissure. Anyways I have too lube up before taking a bm. I have a sitz bath every night, and fiber is my friend. It has stopped bleeding though still hurts like hell.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 01-31-2008, 05:37 PM

just the word "fissure" makes me wince!
Old 01-31-2008, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonhillmama View Post
here's what i've learned:
fiber is your friend
take rutin (bioflavinoid) with a vitamin c chaser
hammamelis pellets also help
you can use creams/ointments inside your bum
use moist flushable wipes instead of TP
try not to spend too much time on the toiler

HTH, i feel your pain (literally, although not right now)!
where can i find rutin? in the vitsmin aisle by itself, or is it in something else? (can i possibly be any LESS clear?? ) And is the hammm....whatever a homeopathic? I'll hafta look for it....better yet, maybe I'll make dh look for it..."oh, honey, btw, you won't be seeing any action until my tushie is healed, so would you please stop at the store on your way home...."

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
It could be a fissure. That's what I have. Bleeding painful awful fissure. I hate going to the bathroom. I finally went to the dr as I thought it wasan internal hemmoroid too. But it's a fissure. Anyways I have too lube up before taking a bm. I have a sitz bath every night, and fiber is my friend. It has stopped bleeding though still hurts like hell.
Oh, that sounds awful, Pam! I never thought I'd say it, but now I HOPE it's a 'rhoid!

Seriously though, does a fissure heal on it's own? Or is it something you just have to learn to live with unless you are willing to consider surgery?

The thing I don't get is, I was totally fine for 5 weeks! my bottom was sweet as pie (okay, probably not literally, but ykwim!) after the birth, and has been fine up until last week, so why would this start now?? I've not been constipated at all.....I just can't figure out any cause of it! gah! waaaah!

Old 02-01-2008, 12:15 AM

the rutin is with the vitamins, i take 500 mg along with 1000 mg of vit c.
the "hamamelis virginiana" is boiron homeopathic pellets.
i got them both in the health food store, the hamamelis really, really helped.

and i'm NEVER constipated, either!
Old 02-01-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
The thing I don't get is, I was totally fine for 5 weeks! my bottom was sweet as pie (okay, probably not literally, but ykwim!) after the birth, and has been fine up until last week, so why would this start now?? I've not been constipated at all.....I just can't figure out any cause of it! gah! waaaah!
I am amazed to read this post, because my TP was bloody today and I said DAMMIt, I had this baby SEVEN WEEKS AGO. What the heck?! Is the roid fairy on the rampage, or what?

lover of K partners.gif mom to S superhero.gifb.12/07  and C joy.gifb.6/11

Old 02-01-2008, 02:30 PM

I hate to be bearer of bad news but my fissure arrived about 7 weeks pp, and without constipation. And it does heal up on its own. I would say the sitz bath is the best for it. Plus lubing up before taking a bm. I guess the fissure is also caused by pregnancy. Really its very similar to a hemorroid just imo it hurts more. But how to get rid of it is the same.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wake_up View Post
I am amazed to read this post, because my TP was bloody today and I said DAMMIt, I had this baby SEVEN WEEKS AGO. What the heck?! Is the roid fairy on the rampage, or what?
Sorry! Obviously, IFYP!

Gotta say though, "Rampaging 'Rhoid Fairy" would be a great name for a rock band!

Old 02-01-2008, 04:38 PM

Someon in nov 2005 ddc suggested a small sliver of potato (matchstick size) inserted for 'roids. Potato is good for pain and inflammation so it might actually help.

Christa
Old 02-01-2008, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
Oh wow. I am so, so, so sorry. I had a terrible fissure with my first birth and it was absolutely the worst thing about postpartum. Worse that the random gallbladder surgery, worse than the tears, worse than most of my birth even. I hope it heals fast for you.

Spending all of my money and time on this wild, wild life.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheBear View Post
"Rampaging 'Rhoid Fairy" would be a great name for a rock band!
OMG! laughup Bwa-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA! Harmony, (my 14 year old) LOVES your band name suggestion- and wants to use it for her latest formation! (A power trio of teenagers playing raucous rock music!) So...does she have your permission to name her band, "Rampaging Rhoid Fairy', or what?
(BTW- I'm pretty sure she's totally serious!)
Old 02-02-2008, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Absolutely! I uh, won't even ask her to credit me for it, lol! Although if she wants to dedicate a song to me....

Old 02-05-2008, 01:39 AM

okay, so I'm still pregnant, but I'm coming off the WORST hemmi adventure I've ever had, so I'll put my two cents in too. What you are describing sounds just like internal hemmis to me. Last Tuesday mine just sorta popped up out of nowhere. Like you, I was regular, with no straining at all but I'm pretty sure that in addition to the Mt. Everest hanging from my butt, I also had internal hemmis too. By Thursday I was bleeding enough to lightly stain a pantyliner and couldn't stand the thought of actually sitting for 8 hours at work. I called into the midwife who suggestted 4 oz of comfrey root to half a gallon of boiling water and steeping for 8 hrs and then soaking in a sitz bath for at least 15 minutes.

This is not a pretty bath to dip your toesies into. Frankly, it looks like you are sitting in your own poo. I added epsoms salts to mine as well. I suspect you won't give a rip what it looks like by this point if it's helpful! LOL!

I also pulled out the big guns and asked for a prescription. What I was given was "Procto-foam" (tell me that doesn't make you giggle!) and it's got an injector and gets inserted into the bum. That's what you REALLY need-something internal. As far as I can tell, it has a mild steriod and it's what really did the trick for me. On Friday my bleeding worsened so that I HAD to wear some sort of pad for protection, but my pain had gone down SIGNIFICANTLY. Today it was so good that while Everest is now the size of a small foothill, I was actually able to skip the prep H at lunchtime.

My advice? Get a prescription! 8o)
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katfka View Post
Hems can definitely be internal.

lots of hugs and butt healin' vibes your way.
yeah that. i eat lots of wholw grains, fruits and veggies to help mine. i also drink tons of juice when mine flare up. it always helps me "go" easier

User Tag List