night pumping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-31-2008, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
LO often sleeps 5+ hour stretches at night and is too sleepy to fully empty a breast when she does wake to latch and snooze. she nurses like a little fiend all day. am i worried about my supply? should i be waking myself to pump? i'm not super uncomfortable the way we do now and i still haven't even rented or bought a breast pump.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#2 of 5 Old 01-31-2008, 04:35 PM

i wouldn't - your body will make what your babe needs! unless she's having problems gaining weight, i wouldn't worry about it.
#3 of 5 Old 01-31-2008, 04:39 PM - Thread Starter

not at all...she put on three lbs in six weeks! that's what i thought, but i was looking for reinforcement

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#4 of 5 Old 02-02-2008, 10:59 AM

Alexander is starting to sleep longer and longer stretches at night, which is great for this bleary-eyed Momma--BUT I am SO engorged! Alex, too, won't fully drain one breast let alone both breasts, so begged my Hubby to buy me an Avent ISIS today. So tonight, if Alex does the same, I am going to pump. I was happy to say that our house was a bottle free house, but with my new pump came 2 bottles. *sigh* Now my over-eager MIL will want to feed Alex and "babysit" him...... perhaps I'll just donate it to a milk bank....

Karin, Wife to Dear Sweet English Husband~Soon to be Legally American. Mom to Zach~13, Lily~9, Alex~2, and Izzy or Zeke arriving July 2010! Living a life full of LOVE!
#5 of 5 Old 02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Banned

I think it's fine to do either.....but remember that pumping makes MORE milk, so you will be engorged if you decide to skip a night or quit. And from pesonal experience might I add that pumping, especially at night, is kind of a hassle.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page