AF already ????? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
with dd#1 AF came back when she was 6 months old.

so why am i bleeding this morning? dd#2 is only 6 weeks old. lochia stopped 3 weeks ago. is it really AF?

and why the difference between pregnancies????

Mama to dd born 7/2005, dd born 12/2007 and dd born 11/2009.
#2 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM

i've heard a few women mention that they had something that seemed totally like AF at around 8 weeks pp and then didn't actually get their period again for many months.

does dd2 sleep for longer stretches? i hear that can make AF come back sooner.

fuzmalesling.giffemalesling2.GIF mama to my spunky little girl, m, born 12/10/07 blahblah.gif, and my sweet little guy, k, born 10/27/10 babyf.gif
nocirc.gif familybed2.gif cd.gif homebirth.jpg nak.gif
#3 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 06:35 PM

i had the teensiest bit of spotting for a coupla days earlier this week along with some pms-y crankiness. my mw said some women have amini-period around 6-8 wks pp but it's not your true cycle returning. i'm all clear now (fingers crossed!). hope yours isn't the real deal!

Lynn, single lesbian mama to All Mighty Iris 12/10/07
#4 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 09:51 PM

I thought AF was back about a week or so ago. My lochia had stopped at about 3 weeks. Then I had some spotting/bleeding for a few days. It started back up yesterday and is more like lochia and blood both this time. My NP didn't seem to think it was anything abnormal, though, so I'm not too concerned. She said it could just be my body's hormones adjusting again.

...I had the same issues with Anna-Lee but thought it was the hormones in the Mirena. Turns out it's probably just what's normal for my body.
#5 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 10:50 PM

I have also been told by my mw that it is normal to have a new bleed at around 6 weeks pp. She calls it the 6 week bleed, and it is the result of some kind of final hormone shift. I believe it's usually less bleeding than a typical period, except in my case, it looks just like a period.
#6 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 10:57 PM

Thank you forthis thread! I was getting nervous! 7 weeks pp and some very minimal spotting today after 2-3 weeks of nothing. Hoping it is hormones here too!
#7 of 11 Old 02-01-2008, 11:24 PM

Me too. I also did it with my 1st but thought it was b/c of a failed minipill attempt. I could never remember to take it.

Christa
#8 of 11 Old 02-04-2008, 07:01 PM

Argg. Five weeks, 2 days PP and hello AF. Grrr. This is so unfair. I'm nursing Cyrus every two hours. Hell, I'm nursing him every five minutes. Arrrghhh. That six week bleed thing is interesting. It's definitely lighter than a regular period. Hopefully it doesn't last as long.

Jen, journalist, policy wonk, and formerly a proud single mama to my sweet little man Cyrus, born at home Dec. 2007 . Now married to my Incredibly Nice Guy and new mama to baby Arthur.
#9 of 11 Old 02-04-2008, 11:13 PM

I'm 2 days shy of 8 weeks, and I woke up to AF this morning. At least that's what I think it is, as it's heavy and I've had nothing for 3 weeks now. Also, I have a sharp pain in my right ovary area that showed up at the same time, and it hurts more tonight. I'm trying to decide if I should talk to my midwife about it. Maybe a cyst? I've never had pain in my ovaries except a slight twinge at ovulation, and only occasionally.

I was aggravated at first about starting so soon, but at least I can start to track my cycles again and know where I'm at!

Happy wife and also mommy to my two boys, 12-12-07 (c-sec) and 04-05-09 (vbac!) and another due in December.
#10 of 11 Old 02-04-2008, 11:30 PM

I dont think mine was AF. It was 2 days with two spots that were the size of a quarter or a little bigger. i guess I will just wait and see.
#11 of 11 Old 02-06-2008, 03:01 PM

Well when AF visited me at 9 weeks it sure seemed like a period. It lasted 5 days. I'll update soon if I get it again this month. It should be early next week if I get it again.

Leslie, mama to Paige 8, Zara 3 and Audrey, Sophia & Nina June 7/11 @32.6
angel1.gifOct/01angel1.gif July/10angel1.gif Sept/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page