Symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So how's everyone doing on the symptom department? I"ve only had two faint BFPs, but I already have full blown morning sickness. Thankfully I cleaned my :Puke toilet yesterday. (I always wanted to use the puke smiley, it cracks me up)

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 01:22 PM

I'm actually TOTALLY weirded out.....with my first, i had SEVERE morning sickness RIGHT AWAY (as soon as i tested ++), which turned into full-bloen hyperemesis by 6 weeks....and lasted until 23 weeks!

I am almost 5 weeks, and .......not sick.
It's very odd.

But Im having LOTS of strong cramps and twinges in my pelvic area that i do NOT remember from the first time.....???

CPST
#3 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 04:12 PM

I've lost my appetite, am completely exhausted, and nauseous most of the time. BUT...that could all be due to the Prometrium and metformin. This pg has been so very different from the last time.
#4 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 04:43 PM

My first symptom was cramping, which is just now starting to diminish (5w2d). The last couple of days I've been very fatigued and have had some nausea. Sore and slightly enlarged breasts, gas , weird dreams and some moodiness (especially if I'm hungry!).

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#5 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 05:00 PM

Slightly sore boob, cramps, and cranky!!:
#6 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 06:06 PM

I've had cramping/twinges for over a week now. Just the last few days, I'm a bit nauseaus if I haven't eaten in a couple of hours. Also, sore bb's and very vivid dreams.
#7 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 06:10 PM

oh yes...I should add...i am NOT doing metformin this time!! It makes me SO sick, and my "hyperemesis" last time was likely due to the met, at least in part. I conceived without it, and thought LONG and hard about going ON it once i conceived, to lessen m/c risk....but I just can't. A person isn't suposed to feel so bad they want to die 24/7.
So, a met free pregnancy for me, this time. And so far...I haven't been sick at all!

CPST
#8 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Just a little more tired that usual, but super emotional. Lots of heartburn already, minor backache and slight cramps. I haven't had ms with the last two so hoping to avoid it again with this one!

35 yo mom to ds1 (8), ds2 (6), dd (3), and oops big surprise #4 edd 12/19/11

#9 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 09:37 PM

lots of boobs, round ligament pain, and moodiness.
#10 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

You're getting round ligament pain already? What's it like (I think I might have it, but google says it doesn't start until the 2nd trimester)?

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#11 of 51 Old 05-01-2007, 11:18 PM

it's a twisty, sharp twinge in this one spot of my pelvis and runs partway up my abdomen, always in the same spot - never deep and dull like a cramp can be.

i had this sensation for much of my pregnancy with my daughter, but i only remember it from when my stomach was larger, and it usually went hand in hand with a moving babe and/or braxton hicks contractions. maybe i have a nerve that's just really responsive to the pregnancy hormones? it's not a bad feeling, because it's a signal of the pregnancy. i keep expecting to feel a rolling babe inside, but it's way too early of course! if i wasn't pregnant i wouldn't care for it.
#12 of 51 Old 05-02-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, that's not quite what I have. I have random low back pain that's definitely not muscular, and something was pulling near my ovaries, but definitely not my ovaries.

#13 of 51 Old 05-02-2007, 10:34 AM

My boobs are so sore. I didnt think I was preggo until a couple nights ago I noticed how sore my nipples were. Sure enough, I am, and they just hurt so bad. But I am glad to have hurting nipples! I am so happy to be pregnant.

I am hoping to have morning sickness soon, I didnt with last pregnancy. I want to feel reassured, even if it means puking all over the place.

I have also been having cramping, which makes me nervous, but it seems like other people have it too.
#14 of 51 Old 05-02-2007, 07:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one in the moody boat. Oh my goodness, over the weekend and early this week I felt EXTREMELY emotional, moody, weepy, rageful like I did when I was like 15 or 16 yrs old! I've had some nauseau too, and terrible exhaustion. And gas.

I had some cramping too at implantation and the odd time here and there. Let's take heart...

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#15 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 08:14 AM

I am really cranky, and am starting to feel so exhausted. If I don't get 10-11 hours of sleep I am a mess. I haven't had any breast soreness yet (which was my main symptom last time), but dd is still nightnursing so I'm not sure if that factors in. It's still early, so I'm sure it will come in due time.

I am not having MS, but I am totally disgusted by all sweets (mixed blessing). They served an ice cream cake at work yesterday and I almost had to run to the bathroom. I see this as a good thing since I have vowed not to gain as much as I did with dd1. My frame just had a hard time carrying the extra 53 pounds! :

OK, off to get ready for work even though I really want to get back in bed!

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#16 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 12:43 PM

The only symptom I've had is occasional nausea. Actually it's funny because I got up to pee in the night and felt hungry and nauseated and ate half a banana before heading back to bed It made me feel a lot better too. Other than that I feel great, but I'm VERY early still so : I'm just waiting for something worse to come along!

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#17 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 05:31 PM

I've heard that the second time you are pregnant, many of the physical signs associated with stretching can show up sooner - your body has already been through it once. It's the trade-off for being all calm and knowing because you have been through it before!

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
#18 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I've heard that the second time you are pregnant, many of the physical signs associated with stretching can show up sooner - your body has already been through it once. It's the trade-off for being all calm and knowing because you have been through it before!
Thats interesting, I didn't know that but it explains a lot. This is my second pregnancy (the first ended at 9 weeks, baby stopped developing at 7), with the first the only real cramping I had was during the actual MC. This time I started cramping two weeks before AF was due. It has slowed down since then (I'm 5w3d) and mostly just happens know if I have to pee or make a really sudden movement. It's reassuring that so many other women are having the same symptom!

As far as the cranky and gassy thing: I have to apologize to DP at least once a day for one or the other.

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

#19 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 08:02 PM

I don't really have any symptoms besides the constant peeing, but I never did with any of my other pregnancies either. 2 live births and then 1 m/c that stopped growing at 9 weeks and was D&C'd at 12 weeks. The one thing that does happen to me is my eyes get worse. I had perfect eyesight before my 1st son and I could barely see after I had him, got worse even with the m/c and then worse yet again with ds#2, hoping it won't get worse, but I'm putting my eye appts off until next year, we can only got once every 2 years, cause I know I'll be needing new specs and contacts then.

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#20 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafwood View Post
I am really cranky, and am starting to feel so exhausted. If I don't get 10-11 hours of sleep I am a mess. [...] I have vowed not to gain as much as I did with dd1. My frame just had a hard time carrying the extra 53 pounds!
I hear you leafwood, I am in the same boat as you. I'M SO GLAD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!

I also gained 52 lbs with dd#1 and still have 15 lbs to lose from that PG...so I'm starting this one overweight (gulp!). I have never been overweight in my whole life, expect because of PG and postpartum. I remember feeling so tired and having my feet literally HURT because of the extra weight. Anybody else feel like that too? Am trying to exercise now and keep active (hahaha = EXHAUSTION) and watch my eating. Sigh! Good luck to us both!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#21 of 51 Old 05-03-2007, 10:33 PM

i'm starting to get morning sickness and exhaustion. i'm pretty sure the m.s. is just going to snowball, because that's what happened before. i keep trying to tell myself it will be different this time, and i know more tricks (food/protein, vit. b6, miso soup, lollipops, fresh air...), but it looks like my body is doing what it has to do.
#22 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 01:55 PM

Uggh... Morning sickness started this past Monday. Thankfully I've never thrown up with any of my pregnancies. I just feel like I'm going to anytime I've gone too long without eating, and early in the morning. Of course, when I feel like crap, I don't want to eat and trying to eat makes me want to throw up even more.

I've also felt the cramping/stretching much more than with any of my previous pregnancies. I'm assuming that's because my bodies just on a roll and knows exactly what's going on. As long as the morning sickness sticks, I'm not concerned about miscarrying this time around.

Emily
#23 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 02:28 PM

My first pregnancy was a breeze....however, last night I had to camp out next to the toilet because I was so nauseous. Let's hope that was just a one-night affair. Does anyone else's skin go hay wire? I have broken out my skin is extremely dry around my mouth. Any suggestions?
#24 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 02:35 PM - Thread Starter

My skin is definitely terrible right now. I have more zits than I've had in years!

Also, my nausea seems to be a bit odd. I'm fine when I don't eat, or when I eat something starchy and light (bread, oatmeal, whatever). However, if I eat meat, I suddenly want to run to the bathroom. I'm not a vegetarian by ANY means, so this is odd...

#25 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 02:57 PM

Mostly moody here - maybe the exhaustion is kicking in or maybe it is just because ds is getting his last molar. : I am *really* not looking forward to the exhaustion or the breast tenderness (ds still nurses).

A little cramping but nothing too bad. No morning sickness - none last time either so hopefully that will continue.

Oh, this is kind of interesting. Early in my last pregnancy I kind of twisted my knee - had to do physical therapy and everything. Never had a problem since then. Then a few days ago - it started hurting again. Kind of weird.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
#26 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 03:34 PM

Feeling great except for some occasional cramping, tiredness and some feelings of nausea. I get a good nap during the day -- I nap when my daughter (2.5yr old) is napping. That helps me make it to the end of the day.
#27 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 03:41 PM

Ok here's a weird one. I'm having a hard time eating sweet things. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. Normally I crave sweets so I'm HAPPY to not be craving them, but I took a bite of a Clif bar this morning and it tasted like I was eating raw sugar. Weird.

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

#28 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 03:57 PM

DoulaLMT...I am experiencing the same thing regarding sugar. I don't want anything sweet outside of fruit.
#29 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 04:39 PM

Sugar is really making me queezy these days also! And, I'm totally not complaining. I can stomach fruit, but any sort of refined sugar is out.

I have also been having a rapid heart rate since yesterday. I know my resting pulse is usually high, but it has been about 100bpm. this week, and it skyrockets just from running up the stairs! I went to my PCP today and my resting HR was 108, but he didn't seem concerned and reminded me that I am (generally) a highly anxious person.

I went out and bought several books on meditation, relaxation and stress reduction so hopefully that will help. I had a full cardio work-up a year ago due to my anxiety (24-halter and echo) and it was totally fine (benign palpitations).

So, I am trying to breathe and relax and am vowing to walk around the neighborhood despite feeling keyed-up!

Anyone else in this boat?

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
#30 of 51 Old 05-04-2007, 08:48 PM

Leafwood, I have palpitations too. Your heart-rate is higher when you're pregnant. I have had anxiety issues too, and when I'm anxious I get more palpitations (I had an EKG last year and they discovered a slight murmur, but it's "probably" not what's causing the palpitations). I had lowered my heart-rate from like 90's resting to 70 (the magic of yoga), then suddenly it was back up to 95 at the doc's! Ack! Then I got my BFP and it made sense. Fortunately since I can't really have much caffeine my palpitations aren't too bad right now, but I still get them here and there. I know it's un-nerving. Try not to worry...I don't think it's dangerous. Just uncomfortable.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page