Who's Here Already? Roll Call! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2007, 02:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I thought we could start a thread to introduce ourselves to the expecting club.

I'm Drew, 29 years old, on my second pregnancy, but no babies yet. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in December and am very happy we didn't have to wait too long to get on with the business of baby-making.

My DH and I own a remodeling company on the East coast. I am planning a homebirth with a midwife, and plan on baby-wearing, exclusively breastfeeding, co-sleeping or using a side-car, and taking my baby to work.

We couldn't have hoped for a better due date, because January - March is our slow season. I hope this one sticks so we can really enjoy the early days with a nice, long babymoon.

Welcome to you ladies too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007, 02:20 PM

Jess....due with baby number 2, we UC, BF, BW, No-vax, CD and are very happy to be having this little babe!

CPST
Old 05-01-2007, 02:55 PM

Hi! I'm Ashley, I'm 23, this is my 2nd pregnancy, 1st baby. I too had a miscarriage in December, though it was at 4w4d. So, if I make it two more days, I'll already be more pregnant than I was before! I'm a homebirther, going to breastfeed for a good long time (CLW?), cloth diaper, homeschool, delayed and selective vaxing, and co-sleep.

I am so psyched, and am just praying that Squishy sticks.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 05-01-2007, 05:01 PM

Jen - 28 tomorrow :0), pg with my second. I have PCOS and tried for 16 months to get pg. Am currently offering up many : for a viable pregnancy. I ovulated late in this cycle and my progesterone was lower (at 14.3) so the RE is having me supplement with Prometrium. I have an u/s on 5/14. : that everything is ok and we see a heartbeat (I wouldn't normally agree to an u/s - and am not really planning on having any more - but am unusually nervous about things this time around. RE wants one and I agreed).

I'm going to have an HBAC as long as my PCOS and any related issues don't risk me out. I gave up breastfeeding due to the stress and pressure I was under last time. I plan on CLW this next time around. We CD and will homeschool/cosleep.

Lots of vibes all around!
Old 05-01-2007, 05:38 PM

Hi ladies! I'm Tiffany, I'm 22, this is my second pregnancy but will (hopefully) be my first kiddo. I had a MC at 9 weeks last July after bleeding for almost a month. This time I feel like I'm in a much better place. Plus, we aren't telling any nonsupporting parties until we are into the second trimester. Hopefully that reduces the stress this time around.

We're planning a HB. We also plan to CD, co-sleep, no-vax, BF and home school.

Congrats and happy baby-making to all of you!

Tiffany partner to Charlie and Mama to DS Ciaran (1/08) and DS Finnian (4/11)
Adding a third in July!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi Mamas, I'm a 30 yr old WOHM and this is my third PG (I have a lovely 23 mo. old dd, before her had one mc at 5wks). I'm also cautiously optimistic about this PG, hoping it will remain viable. My EDD is 13/01/2008, a couple of weeks before my 31st b-day!

I have learned that the healthiest thing for me and my family is to be flexible about parenting (so I'm not going to sum up my behaviours and beliefs in a nice little sentence or two -- though we practice a lot of AP stuff just 'cuz it feels right)!

Congrats to all!

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
Old 05-01-2007, 07:12 PM

Hi everyone! I'm 32, a SAHM to a 4 year old daughter named Ruby. I'm still nursing Ru and am hoping that she decides to be done during this pregnancy. We are also planning our first homebirth and I really hope that it works out, I had high blood pressure during my pregnancy with Ru, so I'm hoping that stays under control. Looking forward to hanging out here for the next 8 months!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:39 PM

Here! I'm Amy, 31, due with #3 (4th pgcy) around Jan 5-7. I had a m/c in Oct so cautiously optomistic here. The line was nice and dark last night though so it already looks better than last time

I'm a sahm/wahm to two beautful boys. I'd love another boy, the idea of a girl scares me, lol. But I'm sure I'd be happy with either.

35 yo mom to ds1 (8), ds2 (6), dd (3), and oops big surprise #4 edd 12/19/11

Old 05-02-2007, 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=
I have learned that the healthiest thing for me and my family is to be flexible about parenting (so I'm not going to sum up my behaviours and beliefs in a nice little sentence or two -- though we practice a lot of AP stuff just 'cuz it feels right)!
[/QUOTE]

I agree with that!

Hi all! My name is Rachel. I have a 3-year-old dd who will turn four a couple of weeks after she becomes a big sister. We live with her father (my dp), two cats and six walking sticks. I'm thrilled to add another member to our family.

I look forward to being pregnant with everyone here and wish us all healthy pregnancies and amazing births.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:30 AM

I am Amanda. I noticed a lot of people have gone through a m/c here, so have I. We will be great comforts to one another. I m/c in november at 10 weeks, baby only made it to between 8-9 weeks. I am very scared but am diving into this with a positive attitude.

I plan on breast feeding, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, and loving that little bundle the best that I can.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:16 PM

I think I'm here. I had three last week, one digital, and then three days of bleeding. Temps stayed high and I'm still testing so I'm considering the possibility that it wasn't a complete miscarriage.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
I think I'm here. I had three last week, one digital, and then three days of bleeding. Temps stayed high and I'm still testing so I'm considering the possibility that it wasn't a complete miscarriage.

im so glad to hear that helen!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

Old 05-02-2007, 03:05 PM

Helen, I hope your little bean sticks.

I too had some weird bleeding this cycle. I usually get ovulation pain, and the morning after my O pain I started my "period." I'm guessing I just had some heavy ovulation bleeding because the bean's there, I have the HPTs and the morning sickness to prove it. So, hopefully everything goes well for you.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
Old 05-02-2007, 03:07 PM

I got my BFP today....I am 33, and a mommy of DS (3) and DS (1), this will be #3. I am a little overwhelmed right now at the thought of the last 2 so close together...: I"m not sure how far along I am b/c I cant remember when my lmp was, I'm guessing March 26th--so I may be about 4 wks, maybe more. Not sure yet if I'm actually due in late Dec or early Jan--I have been a week early with each of my sons, so I may not be in this DDC..
Old 05-02-2007, 07:55 PM

Hi ladies! I'm really glad to be here. I'll be 29 later this month and got my BFP this monday. It's pregnancy #2 and we are so thrilled (although we weren't trying). Dd was a suprise honeymoon baby so we really don't know how to plan for these things . She's just turned 3 and still night nursing so we'll see how that goes.
Looking forward to the next 40 weeks!!!
Hope everyone is feeling well.

Happy Mommy to one amazing girl (6y) and one sweet boy (2y), and wife to DH since 7/03 : :
Old 05-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Congrats everyone! I just got a today. I've been sick with a cold/ear infection for the whole last week and I just started antibiotics today....not exactly how I wanted to start this pregnancy : but I'm hopeful that everything is still ok and this one will stick! I'm 27, DH is 29 and this will be our first, aside from my furry kid (Mastiff/American Staffordshire Terrier mix).

Andrea...wife, SAHM to 3.5 yo DS and 1 yo DD.

Old 05-02-2007, 11:58 PM

Hi January Mamas! Congratulations to everyone. I'm 29 and this is our first. I got my BFP last night. If all goes well (: ) I'm due around 1/10/2008. Here's to sticky babies and healthy moms!!

Mommy to DS (12/28/07) and pregnant with Baby Too (scheduled c/s 1/27/11). Wife to amazing hubby, A (since 2007)
Old 05-03-2007, 05:41 AM

I got my a few days ago, and I'm very excited. We have been practising for 8 months, and after it took only 3 months to conceive our ds, I was getting a little frustrated.

I'm 23, my dh will be 41 this month, and our ds turns 2 this month. We share our home with four furbabies. My edd is 1/7/08.

Mama with babyboy.gif (2005), babyboy.gif (2008) & babygirl.gif (2010)

Old 05-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Hi
I just took a test yesterday to confirm and sure enough....I'm pregnant
This is my third pregnancy and child. My Dd is almost 5 and Ds is 2 1/2. We were not really trying, but had planned to start ttc soon. We had wanted to time it so my husband would finish paramedic school before the birth, but it's not really a big deal. I think I'm due the first week of January

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
Old 05-03-2007, 03:21 PM

I'm here now!!! I'm 39 years old (will be 40 in October), pregnant with #4!! It still hasn't really sunk in, even though I have already been to my doc and had it confirmed...

This is my fifth pregnancy, and I have been trying for 22 months (since my last child turned 2)... cervical position was my friend! Got pregnant the third month I checked the positions!

Congrats to all, looking forward to getting to know you!

SANDRA, 41 year old VERY laid-back mama to VERY free range kids Brett (16), Justus (11), Autumn (4), and Ayla (1)... four perfect NCB's! :::
Old 05-03-2007, 03:35 PM

I am checking in - we just found out a few days ago.

We are totally shocked and it is still sinking in - we weren't trying but were planning to start trying in a few months - just didn't want to have a due date so close to the holidays - oops

I have a 22 month old ds. I also had a blighted ovum before him so am quite nervous and cautious as well. We aren't telling anyone until the second trimester.

We breastfeed (in fact, I am a bit nervous about how all this will affect ds), cosleep (again, nervous about how this will affect ds), cloth diaper, no circ, delay vax, umm, I think that is about it.

Congrats to all and am really looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing this experience with you.

~~Mama to DS1 6/05 and DS2 12/07~~
Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM

Hi all! I think I'm aiming for Jan - my cycles were irregular, so by LMP I'm nearly seven weeks but by yesterday's blood test I'm barely 4 weeks. I started feeling pregnant just last week.
I'm 29, this is my first pregnancy, and I'm the first of my close friends and nearby family to embark on this journey. This next year is going to be so very exciting! I have an enthusiastic and loving support group of husband, parents, brother and his fiancee, which helps - but I need tips and stories from other currently pregnant women!

I'm signing up for hypnobirthing classes and very keen to breastfeed. I hope to use an Arms Reach-type attachment to try co-sleeping. I am totally excited to babywear (I started practicing with scarves and a bag of sugar ). I am also hoping to learn more about elimination communication - I met a mother of a 7 month old who made it seem very reasonable. The baby wore diapers in public, but didn't seem to soil them very often. I won't circumcise if I have a boy. In fact, I'm exploring refusing to participate in circumcision of babies - I am also a second-year medical student. I'll be rotating through obstetrics in October, which should be a laugh and a half. It'll be a very busy pregnancy. I am blessed to be able to strategically choose a nice long maternity leave - I'm planning for 6 months. After that, my husband will be the primary parent for a few years (I'm envious) (but I love med school - sigh).

So far, I have enormous, tender boobs and occasional ambivalence about food (normally I'm a huge chowhound). I am so excited about being pregnant! Thank you all for being out there and eager to share!

full time student, crunchy wife to my woodsy man, and mom to 2 homebirthed, cloth diapered, tandem breastfed kiddos. 
Old 05-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Hi, all and congratulations!

I'm Karen, 32, due with #1 (first pregnancy) on New Year's Eve. I figured I had better introduce myself here and in the December DDC as I have no clue if I'll go early or late. I've been married for six years, have two kitty-babies, and am thrilled to be expecting this baby! We've been waiting for many years for DH to finish grad school so that we could start a family. I am just hoping and praying this baby stays with us.

Health and happiness to you all!
K

K(h)aren. Writing/editing mama to my quixotic Sam (12.07) and my intrepid William (01.11).

Old 05-04-2007, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceay05 View Post
We circ
Seriously?

Please read this: http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=44

As much as you can.

Mom to three 14 y.o. rock star grrl, 5 y.o. knight in spazzy armour and baby Juniper, born still @39 weeks 4 days 2-3-10 .
Old 05-04-2007, 12:50 PM - Thread Starter

Wobit, I think we will really get along great here. I too am 29, on my first pregnancy and interested in each and every concept of parenting that you are, right down to EC.

Not that I don't think I'll get along with all of you ladies! It was just funny reading Wobit's post, it was as though I wrote it (well most of it, haha).
Old 05-04-2007, 01:19 PM

Hello ladies.

I'm Emily, I'm 24 and preggo again... 4th time. Like most of you I had an early miscarriage. I lost my first at 9 weeks... um I think it's been three years now, and I've got two busy baby girls. Kathryn will be two the end of this month, and Danielle will be one the end of this month. I LOVE my kids close together. #1 and #2 are 12 months and one day apart. #2 and #3 will be about 19 months apart. I'm a SAHM and DH is currently working part time and finishing his undergrad. He'll finally be done in mid-June and we're planning on moving in with my parents in Oregon the last week of June.

We do all those natural parenting things: We cloth-diaper, don't vax, won't circ, babywear, breastfeed, co-sleep, gentle discipline, etc. I'm actually a bit nervous about the breastfeeding right now. I got pregnant with #2 before I became crunchy and had been scheduling feedings with #1. This caused major supply issues and major weight loss by DD#1. So we had to switch to formula when DD#1 was 5 months. This time around we're doing feeding-on-demand and DD#2 shows no signs of giving it up, even if I don't have any milk. Thankfully she's old enough that we can just supplement with solid foods... and thankfully she LOVES to eat.

We had both girls in the hospital but both drug-free. We did HypnoBirthing with #1 and HypnoBabies with #2. I prefered the HypnoBabies and will be using that again with #3. We'd been leaning towards a homebirth for this little one, but it looks like we'll be living with my parents when the baby comes and I'm not sure how my body will react laboring at my mothers house. So, we'll be debating the next eight months between a homebirth and a birth center birth... but I won't go back to a hospital.

If you haven't noticed by now, I love to talk and type... I look forward to spending the next eight months going through this journey with you ladies.

Emily

PS. I calculated my "Guess date" as January 2, 2008, but I'm pretty convinced that with my luck I'll have a Christmas baby. #2 decided to come 2 1/2 weeks early... the night before my sister's wedding, and I didn't get to go to the wedding.
Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM

Hi everyone!
My name is Rachel....I live in Leipzig, Germany but I'm from Austin, Texas.
I just found out a few days ago. I have a 26 month old daughter, Bella Nixe.
I am also looking forward to hearing about everyone's experiences in the months to come.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:47 AM

Hello!

Got my this morning. Twice actually. : Looks like it's probably a mid Jan baby. I wasn't charting because it was my first month off bc and I thought I'd have a bit of 'wind up' time to really get into all the ttc stuff. I've 'felt pregnant' since around the 25th or so... nausea, sore breasts and now the raging crankiness is starting.

My husband and I have two girls already who are thrilled about having a new brother or sister (they want a sister) and a fluffy cat named Kiki who doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

I'm looking forward to participating!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:54 AM

I'm Jen, age 30. I am hoping to have my second child but this will actually be my 8th pregnancy.
I have a daughter who will turn 4 this summer and she is the light of our lives.
After 3 years of fertility treatment, multiple miscarriages, etc. I am hoping to stick around here.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:09 AM

Well, I am terrified, but I'm here!!

I'm Tashauna. I'm 23. DH Will and I have been married for 18mos and now expecting baby #1!!!! I've never been pregnant before, so I'm very nervous! But, excited too!

Due 1/11/08, but I just have this feeling I'll go early! I really can't explaing why b/c I was 4 weeks late and DH's first child was 3 days late....but, I just think I'll go around New Years!!

I am excited to get to know everyone here!

We will bf, cd, babywear, cosleep....I would LOVE to homebirth, but DH won't go for it, so i guess I have to compromise on that one!

User Tag List