Is it okay to start an "I'm not sure if I am yet" thread? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 47 Old 05-05-2007, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Since it's still so early I'm guessing that there are others who are not sure yet. from my date of ovulation I'm guessing my due date would be around Jan 24th. I'm really not even sure how I feel about having another baby but just in the past few hours talking about it with DH and coming here to MDC I think I'm getting use to the idea.

We have an 11 month old daughter named Whilder and have been thinking about how nice it would be for her to have a sibling close to her age, but as DH is an only child and my siblings are much older niether of us have any experience with having children close in age. We were going to think more about it before deciding but after a super spontanious encounter that tuned out to be on O-day ( ) we are playing the waiting game.

I'd love to hear from you other mamas that are not sure yet... it's such a scary and exciting time.
#2 of 47 Old 05-05-2007, 11:55 AM

Welcome........I was stalking the December board WAY before there even WAS a Jan board...heehee!!

Best wishes!~

CPST
#3 of 47 Old 05-06-2007, 01:22 AM

welcome, I hope you join us!
#4 of 47 Old 05-06-2007, 02:50 AM

We had a little slip up, we are trying to avoid right now. I've been having symptoms that could be ovulation, could be pms, could be pregnancy. My cycles are irregular so I won't know until af shows up or doesn't. Tested today and it was negative but as I'm still a few days from the earliest that af would arrive, that could be wrong. If we hadn't had the slip up, I'd just dismiss how I've been feeling as getting sick or pms but since we did, I don't know

Mama to two boys and a girl.
#5 of 47 Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
We have an 11 month old daughter named Whilder and have been thinking about how nice it would be for her to have a sibling close to her age, but as DH is an only child and my siblings are much older niether of us have any experience with having children close in age.
From my experience both growing up and with my own children, having kids close in age is AWESOME. I'm the oldest of seven, my youngest brother is 14 years younger than me, but the first 6 average 2 years apart. Two of my sisters are only 13 months apart and they are best friends. They're both in college right now and just spent their first year apart from each other. They both said it was really hard, but thankfully they both have Verizon cells and could call or text each other at least three times a day.

My own daughters are only 12 months apart. Much closer than I ever intended, but so far it's working out quite nicely. DD#2 is also 11 months, so #2 and #3 will be 19 months apart. I'm really glad we're having our kids close together. Good luck waiting for that BFP!!

Emily
#6 of 47 Old 05-06-2007, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogleymom View Post
From my experience both growing up and with my own children, having kids close in age is AWESOME. I'm the oldest of seven, my youngest brother is 14 years younger than me, but the first 6 average 2 years apart. Two of my sisters are only 13 months apart and they are best friends. They're both in college right now and just spent their first year apart from each other. They both said it was really hard, but thankfully they both have Verizon cells and could call or text each other at least three times a day.

My own daughters are only 12 months apart. Much closer than I ever intended, but so far it's working out quite nicely. DD#2 is also 11 months, so #2 and #3 will be 19 months apart. I'm really glad we're having our kids close together. Good luck waiting for that BFP!!

Emily
Emily, thanks so much for sharing your experience with having close siblings. The more I think about it the more excited I'm getting LOL. Is it possible to start having symptoms 3 days after O? I swear that my nipples are sore already and I'm having indigustion.
#7 of 47 Old 05-09-2007, 04:26 AM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to say I'm 99.9% sure that I am

I have this strange feeling just like I did when I first found out I was pregnant with my daughter, it's like an underlying nausea LOL and slight dizzyness as well. I'm REALLY hoping this pregnancy will go better than the last one and that I won't end up in bed for months with horrible hyperemesis this time around though :
#8 of 47 Old 05-09-2007, 09:48 PM

Yay for you!

I'm still not sure. I have some cramping, a very small amount of brown spotting, nausea that comes and goes, mood swings like af is just around the corner... So my body is all over the board. I've taken two tests, cheapies, and both were negative. Both were last week though and I tested negative with one of my kids until a little over (or a little under, can't remember) a week past af. Leave it at, I'm still unsure but I'm leaning towards not.

#9 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 12:09 AM

im also thinking that my due date would be around jan. 23 or 24. my husband and i have a 25 month old son and weren't really planning on having anymore children even though we had talked about it, but there have been some recent encounters that already have me thinking i'm pregnant. i just sort of knew i was pregnant with our son the day we conceived, so it wasn't from symptoms of pregnancy just intuition i guess.
we misscarried last november and i also knew i was pregnant then. ofcourse i could be totally wrong this time.
i always wanted my children to be close in age, and ideally would have liked to have another one sooner. my sister and i were nine years apart and i always felt like an only child. i was jealous of my cousins who were only two years apart and like best friends.
#10 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 12:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
im also thinking that my due date would be around jan. 23 or 24. my husband and i have a 25 month old son and weren't really planning on having anymore children even though we had talked about it, but there have been some recent encounters that already have me thinking i'm pregnant. i just sort of knew i was pregnant with our son the day we conceived, so it wasn't from symptoms of pregnancy just intuition i guess.
we misscarried last november and i also knew i was pregnant then. ofcourse i could be totally wrong this time.
i always wanted my children to be close in age, and ideally would have liked to have another one sooner. my sister and i were nine years apart and i always felt like an only child. i was jealous of my cousins who were only two years apart and like best friends.
Sounds like we have a lot in common Kehli! My brothers are 8 years older and 8 years yonger and though we are all friends now I always wanted a close sibling. I also feel like I knew from the day of conception by intuition. I hope you get the answere you want! What day are you planning to test? I keep testing and getting negitives but I'm only 6DP I'm just too egar I guess lol.
#11 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 12:36 AM

Well i would love to run out and get a test now and take it friday or saturday because that would be five days before my missed period (like the comercials say). With son number one i test negative until like ten days after expected af. So i guess i will just keep waiting. When are you going to test again? My cycle is normally extremely regular 28 days, but for the past two or three months it has been sort of off track. Once 31, once 35, and once 33. So I don't know if I should even have expected ovulation to happen on time either, but I did feel light cramping and an increase in mucus on that day.
The same here with my sister. Now that we are adults we are very close. We talk to each other atleast once or twice a day, but we never had a childhood together. My husband had two sisters. He wasn't that close to them, but they were extremely close. And he has the best stories. HAHA.
#12 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehliouise View Post
Well i would love to run out and get a test now and take it friday or saturday because that would be five days before my missed period (like the comercials say). With son number one i test negative until like ten days after expected af. So i guess i will just keep waiting. When are you going to test again? My cycle is normally extremely regular 28 days, but for the past two or three months it has been sort of off track. Once 31, once 35, and once 33. So I don't know if I should even have expected ovulation to happen on time either, but I did feel light cramping and an increase in mucus on that day.
The same here with my sister. Now that we are adults we are very close. We talk to each other atleast once or twice a day, but we never had a childhood together. My husband had two sisters. He wasn't that close to them, but they were extremely close. And he has the best stories. HAHA.
I have no idea when I should test. I don't want to see a neg test again, but I'm not exactly sure when to expect AF, last month I started on the 19th, but I've been a tad irregular since AF came back at 3months PP. I know that I O'd on May 3rd, and I guess you are suppose to wait AT LEAST 10DPO to test? With my first pregnancy I tested at home the day AF was due and got a neg, then went in for a blood test two days later, so I don't know how long it would have taken to get a positve HPT, but I get the feeling I would have been like you, 10 days late before a BFP
#13 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I am tentatively sticking my head in here

AF is not expected untill Sunday, and I will probably test Sun morning is she does not show.

I do not have any preg symptoms, except more CM now than normal. I usually get nauseaus before I am even late enough to test, and have not been at all, so that makes me wonder. We are "trying" for a boy (2nd month), and I just have a feeling that it may have worked this time. We are taking my sister out for her 21st birthday tomorrow, and I will probably have a drink (everyone will really wonder and question if I don't, and I am not ready to share - not that I have anything to share )

My temps are all over the map, I was not consistent on timing this month. Here is my chart, do any of you experienced charts have an comments?

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#14 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 01:06 PM

Hello,
I am waiting to see if I am!!! I am going to test Sunday, although I don't expect AF until Wednesday or Thursday. I don't think I have any symptoms. Sometimes I swear I have cramps or a backache but it may be all in my head. My ovulation pains were really bad this month, they lasted 3 full days. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Mama to my charming little boy, born at home January '09
#15 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 01:51 PM

To EVERYONE!!

I test on the 19th, would be due on the 28th, so - we shall see. TTC'ing our first, so I have no 'signs' to go on. I FELT odd last cycle, but wasn't. I feel totally normal this cycle, so - maybe THAT's the good sign....

The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience.
| @jovialady is Kiya ~ TTC 3 years & counting for a ~ Connsumte BookDragon|
#16 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 01:56 PM

im not 100% sure, but i think i am..
i was due to start my moon on the 6th and its now the 10th and nothing..not even spotting. im peeing lots, getting up in the night, very tired, headachy, nursing is irritating and i feel like my baby doesnt like my milk right now.. im emotional (i keep crying about silly things) and my pants feel tight even though ive been eating super healthy and less/smaller than usual..

i did POAS about 3 days before af was due and got a negative..i should have waited it out but now im just going to wait a bit longer since my cycles are a bit off still. my daughter is 18 months old and ive only had about 4 cycles..but they have been progressivly shorter..

anyways.. im lurking and hoping!
#17 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 02:47 PM

Good luck to everyone!

Af came sometime in the week of the 8th last month. So, I'm waiting to test again until Sunday. Haven't tested since last week but dh wants to be there to test (I've "surprised" him 3 times with the news of pregnancy and he wants to witness any future test taking ) so I'm holding off until I can be sure that af should have shown her face by that point. Of course, it could be neg and still pos later since I tested pos so late with ds but I can't hold out for two more weeks. So if no af by Sunday, I'll test again.

#18 of 47 Old 05-10-2007, 06:41 PM

ooHh.. im so nausous. all of a sudden i just feel so pukey.
#19 of 47 Old 05-11-2007, 12:47 PM

Hi! If I am pregnant I will be due the 31st. So I thought I would jump in the am I or aren't I thread. LOL. I am not sure when I ovulated. If it is when I am supposed to it was yesterday but I am pretty sure it was a few days ago. I took an OPK and it was pretty dark and the next day it was really light. SO we shall see. I am not testing until at least 10 days from now though.

Angela married to the love of my life Mommy to Summer Hailey and Evan
#20 of 47 Old 05-11-2007, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthymama2b View Post
I test on the 19th, would be due on the 28th, so - we shall see. TTC'ing our first, so I have no 'signs' to go on. I FELT odd last cycle, but wasn't. I feel totally normal this cycle, so - maybe THAT's the good sign....
I totally know what you mean!! That happened to me with DS#1. It took us 4 months to conceive, and the one month I didn't have any obvious symptoms was the one I was pregnant. Before that every little twinge had me thinking I was!

Oh, and FWIW I didn't get with either of my boys until day 30-31 and even then it was faint. This time I was going to wait until day 32 just to be safe, but caved and tested the evening of day 30 since I had already bought the test and got a solid positive. I was shocked!
#21 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 01:51 AM

so who all has moved on to the definate roll call?
#22 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM

im still here.. still no moon (im 10 days late now) but i still havn't tested. i did a tarot reading though and it said pretty clearly that yes, (it actually said Yes, you will expand and grow) so when i get the nerve up to test or start feeling the baby move i guess i will know for *sure*
#23 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 04:19 PM

update.. got a BFP!
#24 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 04:56 PM

Congrats!!!

I'm still here too. No af yet. I felt a little crampy the other day and had some brownish spotting but that went away. I still have some nausea when I don't eat for awhile and in the morning. Still very tired and very cranky. I feel like I could cry or scream at any point and I keep snapping at dh. But... Still no + : The other day I kept feeling weird while I was walking and I couldn't figure out why. Today I realized that my breasts were kind of getting in the way of my arm laying flat, if that makes sense. They seem kind of fuller and today even seemed a little sensitive, nothing to cringe over but just a little noticeable. Even dh said they look bigger (but he firmly believes that I am not pg while I keep wavering). I feel so : and don't know what is going on. I have been using the cheapie dollar tests and I'm beginning to wonder if that's the problem. Though, of everyone I know that has used the same test, the only ones who got a neg on that test and a pos on a different type ended up miscarrying. I just used my last test today (neg, obviously) so I'm just going to wait it out a little longer. If af hasn't shown up by the 25th I'll test again. But for now, I'm done.

Whew! Sorry for the book! But no one knows that I'm even considering being pg besides dh so I've got all these thoughts bottled up!

#25 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 05:12 PM

I am still here, but mostly because I have not had a chance to buy a test. I am 99% sure I am. I have never been more than 1 day late except when I am preg and I am now 4 days late and i have been getting weird twiches in the uterus area for the past 2 days. I also could not fit into my Jeans this morning :cry. I work really hard over the last year and lost just over 30 lbs, I have not gained any weight, but there was no way I could button my jeans this morning. They were tight at the end of last week, and I have been wearing sweats the last few days. On the bright sode, I now have lots more pants, because I am now the same size as DH again.

belly.gifSAHM, carseat geek, cattle raising woman to 5 girls (15, 10, 8, 6, 2) wild.gifand a stork-suprise.gif due in July!
#26 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 PM

I guess I better join this thread. I am 6 days late and I am a very regular kind of gal. So, I'd bet that I am pg, but I haven't tested yet. I'm going to wait a bit to test. In my previous pregnancies, it always took us some time to get pg and I was always counting down the minutes until I was officially late and testing a.s.a.p. and very often testing before that. Man, I was neurotic - lol. It didn't even occur to me until today that I might be pg. But, I am going to take it nice and easy. No freaking out to test. I'll test by June 1st for sure, if my dh hasn't talked me into it by then.
#27 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessmcg View Post
and i have been getting weird twiches in the uterus area for the past 2 days. I also could not fit into my Jeans this morning
I am right there with you. I've had those little twitches too and my pants are tight. I'm sitting here in pants that are not buttoned right now - lol And, these were always my loose, comfortable capris.

Oh, and we just started Feingold in our house. I saw it in your siggy. Today is day 3 for us. We are going it for the benefit of my three year old mostly, which will benefit all of us. Already I see an improvement in his behavior.
#28 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twocoolboys View Post
I am right there with you. I've had those little twitches too and my pants are tight. I'm sitting here in pants that are not buttoned right now - lol And, these were always my loose, comfortable capris.

Oh, and we just started Feingold in our house. I saw it in your siggy. Today is day 3 for us. We are going it for the benefit of my three year old mostly, which will benefit all of us. Already I see an improvement in his behavior.
glad I am not the only one . I got huge really fast with my last baby, so I am not too suprised, but my SIL is due in July and has all my maturnity clothes, so I hope I don't need them for a while.

Feingold is a lifesaver in our house we have been doing it for almost 2 years. My oldest goes completly crazy if she is "off". Hope it goes well, I am happy to answer any questions about it if you need help.

#29 of 47 Old 05-16-2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirulina&Sage View Post
update.. got a BFP!
yey!

i am also now officially late as of today, but i am still going to wait to test. in the past tests showed up negative if i tested right away. i am also having twinges in the lower abdominal area. i have been for a week now though, which i thought was sort of early. but really i guess i just feel weird down there.
#30 of 47 Old 05-17-2007, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

I'm still feeling PG but not official yet Not really sure when AF is due, I'm guessing any time from the 16th to the 21st? But I haven't gotten a BFP yet. I shouldn't really let that get me down because I didn't get one with my last pregnancy either, I ended up going in for a blood test when I was a few days late and still getting BFNs.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page