Essential Equipment - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 32 Old 05-07-2007, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have a queen sized bed. I don' think we'll be replacing it any time soon, but we might. We do plan to co-sleep.

Ashley, Pagan treehugger.gif mama to E (6/09) and my beautiful hbac.gif baby T (4/3/12)
#32 of 32 Old 05-07-2007, 11:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the necessary bed-size totally depends on what you're used to and how much space you personally need when you sleep. Before DH and I got married, neither of us had slept on anything bigger than a twin, so our brand new queen size bed felt huge to both of us. We've co-slept with both our girls in our queen. When visiting family we've even been known to co-sleep with one baby and both of us in a twin size bed. (That was quite cramped, but we don't generally roll around a lot while we sleep so it really wasn't that bad.)

My sister on the other hand, got a queen size bed to herself after I moved out of my parents bed. When she moved out on her own, she bought a queen size bed so she wouldn't have to go back to a twin. When she got married, her in-laws bought them a king-size bed and they still have trouble fitting the two of them in the bed. I'm sure that when they finally have kids, the only way they'd consider co-sleeping is with a crib side-car, because the three of them wouldn't "fit" in the king-size bed.

We won't be replacing our queen bed until we buy a home (which probably won't be for another two or three years). By then, our queen bed will probably go to our girls so they can share-sleep on it. That way we won't have to buy them twin beds for a while.

Emily

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page