soooooooooooooooo exhausted. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Slap me. Preferably with something caffienated. Omg, the fatigue hit me like freaking freight train yesterday, and today is just as bad. I feel like I just need to nap for a year. :yawning:
#2 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 01:16 PM

i hear you! even before my BFP, I was taking like 2-3 hour naps in the afternoons.....it's crazy....I know i wasn't this tired the last time. I held down a full time job, for pete's sake. Now.....I'm barely maving....the house....we won't talk about the condition of my house...

CPST
#3 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 01:33 PM

So there with you and I have a disaster of a house to clean all by my lonesome. Anyone wanna help for some free Starbucks? LOL

-:¦:-♥Sarah Lynne♥-:¦:-Wife to Michael and Mommy to Austin(5), Steven(3), Tristyn(1), and Laurelyn (6/3/2011)

#4 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Exhausted here too
I usually don't get this tired until my third trimester.

Sandy, proud mama and henna artist. :
#5 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Okay, I seriously CANNOT be this tired, I have a LIFE to attend to. I'm really worried....my friends say it will only get worse. I don't remember being this tired with ds, but then again, I had no children and could sleep whenever I wanted back then!

I gotta get some vitamins or eat tons of fruit or SOMETHING. I cannot function like this!!
#6 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 05:15 PM

I'm exhausted too, like others with my first I held a full time job and went to school!! Thank goodness my boys still are good nappers, so we are just about to lay down and we'll all sleep for a good 3 hours! Then I'm in bed by 930!

Aimee Blessed Momma to 4 amazing boys, P ~ 9 H ~ 7 J ~ 4 and B ~ 1.  Happily married to D Living my almost dream life on an urban homestead, hoping for our forever land to find us soon!

#7 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 05:50 PM

I've been making a little next on the floor of the playroom, shutting the door and trying to snooze while kids play around me! Maybe that is naughty of me, but i"m sooooo sleepy and I find myself getting snappish if I don't take a rest sometime in the day.

Kimber
#8 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallBaby View Post
I've been making a little next on the floor of the playroom, shutting the door and trying to snooze while kids play around me! Maybe that is naughty of me, but i"m sooooo sleepy and I find myself getting snappish if I don't take a rest sometime in the day.

Kimber
That is NOT naughty of you, that's basic survival. Get this...I dropped my ds off at his preschool program today, and instead of driving home (the program is only 1hr. 45 min., and it's 20 min. one way commute), I slept in the parking lot of the school in the car. :
#9 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 10:59 PM

Fatigue is the one symptom I don't have yet. If anything I get these random bouts of hyperactivity (today around 4pm I suddenly felt like I'd had 5 cups of coffee). Is this really weird?

DH was saying it's b/c I've spent most of my life being sleep-deprived and I can't tell the difference. Like my coping mechanism for exhaustion is overdeveloped or something. I somehow don't think that's it.

wife to DH since 10/03, mama to DS (12/07)
also mom to small zoo: 3 snakes, 4 and one very lovable pit bull
#10 of 17 Old 05-08-2007, 11:36 PM

Me too! OMG I'm not even functional. My house looks like a tornado hit it. I'm am usually a very motivated, always on the go, clean or do something productive at every opportunity person. The past week I could care less. It bugs me that the house looks awful but I just don't have the energy to clean it. I'm so hoping this improves in a few weeks. With my last 2 pregnancies it did get better by 12 weeks. Here's hoping! Otherwise dh is in big trouble!

Jodi
#11 of 17 Old 05-09-2007, 01:34 AM

I, too, can barely function. This is my busy time at work, with a ton of deadlines looming. I don't know how I'm going to do it.

I do understand about the strange bouts of energy (not that I'm getting them myself ), because sometimes my heart speeds up at unusual moments. I think it's part of the whole symptomatic package.

Even the thought of caffiene makes me want to puke. Many of my food-related thoughts follow that path these days...

I'm only 6 weeks along and SOOOOO ready for the second trimester.
#12 of 17 Old 05-09-2007, 02:21 AM

Ugh, it's hitting me too. I work at home p/t and usually get the bulk of my stuff done in the evenings after the boys are asleep. Now though, I want to go to bed when they do!
#13 of 17 Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 AM

I go to work, come home, and sleep or at least lay around. Then we do dinner, hang out for a bit, and I am typically in bed by 9:30. I am glad for it though, it makes me feel like things are progressing.

The other day I got one of those energy charges, and I cleaned a little. It was short lived.

It is 8 am and I am at work, I feel like I could use a nap today already!
#14 of 17 Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 PM

Definitely exhausted here! To top that off, I have a hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep at night. Thankfully...I sleep really well in nap form so when ds goes down for a nap, so do I!
#15 of 17 Old 05-09-2007, 12:44 PM

I am thinking about going home because I am so tired. I can't believe it's still morning, it feels like the days is just dragging on.
#16 of 17 Old 05-14-2007, 01:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
OMG I am so glad to read this thread. I also am soooooooo exhausted. I am SOOOOO sick and tired of feeling EXHAUSTED all the time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was always exhausted too before being PG with bebe #2 (WOHM, only driver in the family, main housecleaner/cooker, etc.). When do I feel happy and enjoy life again?

Last week I couldn't care a less. I didn't cook all week. Thank goddess for my mother who felt a buzz and cooked few things....we also ordered in or had sandwiches and salad. I also haven't made our lunches for work in WEEKS. I just don't care. I'm too tired.

I'm also a "buzz and do things at any available moment" type person, but this week and weekend has been Zzzzzzzzzzz! I am thinking of playing hooky tomorrow just to REST!!! Dh and I try to trade off to give each other a little extra time to sleep on the weekend but we can never really quite catch up on sleep. (Catch up? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! )

I am also ticked off because my brain doesn't work as sharply as it used to at work given all this exhaustion and sleep deprivation. Kind of embarassing.......

Let's commiserate. How do you cope?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#17 of 17 Old 05-14-2007, 11:01 AM

I've been able to keep the exhaustion under control with naps w/ds. I remember my last pregnancy hardley being able to make it through the day. I would come home from work and literally crash until I had to go in the next morning.

Dani, wife to Cullen - 9/2002, mom to CJ 11/2004, Billy 12/2007 and Nora 7/2009

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page